Joint Admission Counselling Committee, Delhi organizes JAC Delhi Counselling 2020. The counselling will be conducted for shortlisted candidates who have qualified JEE Main 2020 with valid scores. Counselling of JAC Delhi 2020 is in online mode except for the document verification. The candidate needs to report at the allotted centre in person for verification of documents.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
There will be 4 rounds of Counselling and allotment will be based on these rounds. Candidates need to register only once for all the rounds of JAC Delhi 2020 Counselling. The authority will conduct a Spot Round if the seats remain unoccupied after all the 6 rounds. For this round, the authority will accept a new registration. Candidates also have to pay the counseling-cum-registration fee. The JAC Delhi counselling comprises a stepwise procedure which is explained below in the article.
Check JAC Delhi Counselling Official Website: Click Here
JAC Delhi Counselling Schedule 2020
The concerned authority is responsible for deciding the schedule of JAC Delhi Counselling 2020. The authority will then declare the decided schedule on the official website for candidates applying for admission. Below is the JAC Delhi Counselling Schedule.
|Online Registration & Choice Filling||21st September- 9th October 2020|
|Verification of Documents (CW (Defence) sub-category Priority I- V& VII only & Bonus Points with reference only to IIIT-D||12th – 13th October 2020|
|Declaration of Seat Allotment Result||16th October 2020|
|Online Reporting, Academic fee payment & branch freezing schedule|
|Payment of academic fee||17th – 22nd October 2020|
|Confirmation of admission of defencies||22nd October 2020|
|Chance to clear the deficiencies by uploading new documents/ paying the academic fee/ visiting allotted institute||23rd – 24th October 2020|
|Online Seat Freezing||immediately after confirmation of admission. Last date and time (24th October 2020)|
|New Registration/ Change in Preference of Choices 26th October 2020 (10 AM – 11:59 PM)|
|Defence & Bonus Points Verification 27th October 2020|
|Declaration of seat allotment result||28th October 2020|
|Online Reporting & academic fee payment and branch freezing schedule|
|Payment of academic fee of Rs. 1,03,000 through JAC Delhi portal||29th October – 2nd November 2020|
|Confirmation of admission/ intimation of defencies to the candidates||2nd November 2020|
|Chance to clear the defencies by uploading new documents/ paying academic fee/ visiting allotted institute personally||3rd November 2020|
|Online Seat Freezing||immediately after confirmation of admission. Last date and time 3rd November 2020|
|New Registrations/ Change in Preference of Choices (4th November 2020)|
|Defence & Bonus Points Verification (5th November 2020)|
|Declaration of seat allotment result||6th November 2020|
|Online Reporting & academic fee payment & branch freezing schedule|
|Payment of academic fee of Rs. 1,03,000 through JAC Delhi portal||7th- 10th November 2020|
|Confirmation of admission / intimation of deficiencies to the candidates||10th November 2020|
|Chance to clear the deficiencies by uploading new documents/paying the academic fee/visiting allotted institute personally||11th November 2020|
|Online seat freezing||immediately after confirmation of admission. Last date and time 11th November 2020|
|New Registrations/ Change in Preference of Choices (12th November 2020)|
|Defence & Bonus Points Verification (13th November 2020)|
|Declaration of seat allotment result||17th November 2020|
|Online reporting and academic fee payment and branch freezing schedule|
|Payment of academic fee of Rs. 1,03,000 through JAC Delhi portal||18th – 19th November 2020|
|Confirmation of admission/intimation of deficiencies to the candidates||19th November 2020|
|Chance to clear the deficiencies by uploading new documents/paying the academic fee/visiting allotted institute personally||20th November 2020|
|Online seat freezing||immediately after confirmation of admission. Last date and time 20th November 2020|
JAC Delhi Counselling Procedure 2020
The shortlisted candidate will have to participate in the JAC Delhi 2020 Counselling. Applicants have to follow a procedure in order to participate in the Counselling of JAC Delhi 2020. The procedure is mentioned below in detail:
Step 1 – Payment of Counselling fee
As the first step, the candidate needs to deposit the Counselling fee of Rs. 1500. This fee can be paid in online mode as well as offline mode. Candidates must know that once the counselling fee has been paid it cannot be refunded under any circumstance.
Step 2 – Online Registration
Candidates need to register only once for all the rounds of counselling process. In the case of Spot round the authority will invite a new registration. Aspirants have to follow below-listed steps for registration:
- Visit the JAC Delhi Registration 2020 portal
- Click on the “New Registration” link.
- Now enter the JEE Main 2020 Roll number, Date of Birth, Nationality and Class 12th Result to access the registration form.
Step 3 – Log in to JAC Account
Applicants have to log in to their JAC Account. After logging in they will be able to view their registration details, available choices and also the choices filled by them while at the time of the registration process.
Step 4 – Allotment of Seats
The seats will be allotted to all the selected candidates on the basis of the JEE Main 2020 rank. Applicants who will be allotted the seats then need to pay an initial admission fee.
NOTE – A spot Round will be conducted after completion of all the 6 rounds of JAC Delhi Counselling 2020 for filling the vacant seats.
JAC Delhi Seat Allotment 2020
The Seat Allotment will be conducted in 6 rounds corresponding to JAC Delhi Counselling 2020. The seats will be allotted on the basis of filled choices and AIR of JEE Main 2020. If there are any seats left unfilled after the six rounds of allotment, then a Spot round will be organized by the Joint Admission Counselling Committee, 2020.
JAC Delhi Admission Fees
Candidates who have attended the Counselling of JAC Delhi 2020 and are allotted seats need to confirm their seats and have to pay an initial admission fee of Rs. 75,000. The fees can be deposited in either offline mode or online mode. In case of an offline transaction, the candidate must download the SBI E-challan and then need to make the payment at any of the SBI branches.
JAC Delhi Cut-off 2020
The authority will release the JAC Delhi cut-off after each round of seat allotment which will be conducted after the JAC Delhi 2020 Counselling process. Applicants must meet this cut-off in order to have higher chances of getting admission. The minimum marks required by an applicant to be eligible for admission is called as the cut-off. The authority will release the cut-off for each participating institute separately. Also, the JAC Delhi Cut-off 2020 will be category and course-specific. Authority prepares the cut-off depending upon the total number of candidates and the total number of seats available for a particular B.Tech branch.
JAC Delhi Reservation Criteria 2020
Joint Admission Counselling Committee, Delhi reserves some seats for SC, ST and OBC-NCL category candidates. These reserved seats will not be available for other categories. The authority considers a category-wise merit list to fill these reserved seats.
The table below displays the percentage of seats reserved for different categories:
|Categories||Percentage of Reserved Seats|
|SC category candidates||15 %|
|ST category candidates||7.5 %|
|OBC- NCL category candidates||27%|
Region-wise Seat Distribution
The authority also reserves seats based on whether the candidate belongs to Delhi or outside Delhi. Of the total number of seats, around 85% of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to Delhi while 15% seats are reserved for candidates belonging outside the Delhi region.
Who Can Apply For Spot Round Of JAC Delhi Counselling 2020?
Applicants who are interested in the Spot Round of JAC Delhi Counselling 2020 need to register first. Only the following applicants will be eligible for the Spot Round:
- The registered candidates who have not been allotted seats until the 6 rounds.
- Registered applicants who have been allotted with seats but it got cancelled due to some reason
- Applicants who have not taken admission in any of the participating institutes until the sixth round will be eligible for the Spot round of JAC Delhi 2020 Counselling process.
- Candidates who have withdrawn from the admission at any stage of online counselling offered by any of the participating institutes.
- The admitted aspirants of Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for women whose rank is lower than the base cut-off rank.
- Registered applicants who have not filled any choices at the time of registration process can apply for Spot Round of JAC Delhi Counselling 2020.
- Registered candidates who were allotted the seats but did not report at the time of the admission process in any of the participating institutes.
In order to participate in the Spot Round of JAC Delhi Counselling 2020, the candidate needs to follow the procedure described below:
- Applicants need to log in to their account and then opt for Spot Counselling Round.
- After logging in, payment of Rs. 10,000 needs to made by an interested applicant. This payment will be accepted only via online mode. A participation fee is also required to be deposited by the admitted candidates of IGDTUW who have scored lower than the base cut-off.
- Now applicants must generate a Demand Draft for Rs. 65,000 in name of “JAC Delhi 2020 Admission Fee” payable at New Delhi before reporting at the allocated Spot Round venue.
- The candidate will be able to enter the Spot Round Venue only after showing the receipt of the Participation Fee.
- An aspirant has to report at the allotted Spot Round Venue and they must carry their original documents as well as photocopies.
Documents Required At Time Of Spot Round Of JAC Delhi Counselling 2020
Applicants need to carry the documents at the time of Spot Round of JAC Delhi 2020 Counselling:
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- JEE Main 2020 Admit card
- JEE Main 2020 Rank card
- Receipt of Fee payment of Rs. 10,00
- Demand Draft of Rs. 65,000
- Downloaded Registration Form of JAC Delhi 2020
- Category Certificate (For SC/ST/OBC-NCL candidates)
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Three passport size recent colored photographs
JAC Delhi Participating Institutes 2020
Once the seats are allotted to the candidates they need to report at the allotted institutes at the given date and time along with a receipt of fee payment. There are 4 participating institutes that provide admission to applying candidates.
- Delhi Technical University
- Indraprastha Institute of Information and Technology
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology