JAC Delhi Eligibility Criteria 2021: Joint Admission Counselling, JAC Delhi is the centralized procedure of taking admissions to undergraduate courses offered by four participating institutes of JAC Delhi 2021. Candidates are required to go through the Joint Admission Counselling procedure in detail after the official announcement by the organizing body. Joint Admission Counselling (Delhi) gives an opportunity to students who want to pursue their career in Engineering and architecture. There are only four technical institutes/universities that participate in JAC Counselling namely DTU (Delhi Technological University), NSIT (Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology), IGDTUW (Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for women), and IIIT-D (Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi).
Subscribe For Latest Updates
There are various JAC Delhi 2021 eligibility conditions that need to be met by the candidates. These include the qualifying exam, the minimum number in the exam (both qualifying and JEE Main), and the percentage of seats on the basis of the region from where the candidate belongs and the reservation criteria.
Important of JAC Delhi Eligibility Criteria 2021 are:
- Admission to institutes/universities in B.E./B.Tech courses will be strictly on the basis of All India Rank in JEE Main- Paper.
- Admission in B.Arch. will be on the basis of AIR in JEE Main- Paper 2.
- Admission to Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT-D) will be on the total marks obtained in Paper-1 of JEE Main and bonus marks for achievements in areas like sports and culture.
- The candidate must have passed the class 12th exam conducted by CBSE or any other equivalent examination.
- Any other examination recognized equivalent to the senior school certificate examination of the C.B.S.E.
Minimum Marks Criteria in Qualifying Examination
- For B.E./ B.Tech Courses at DTU, IGDTUW, and NSIT a candidate should have secured 60% or more marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and should have English as a subject of study in their qualifying examination.
- For B.Tech Course at IIIT-D, a candidate must have secured 80% or more marks in the aggregate of best of five subjects including Physics, Chemistry and Maths, and 80% or more in Mathematics in their qualifying examination.
- In case of B.Arch. courses at IGDTUW, a candidate shall be eligible for admission if she has secured 50% or more marks in aggregate and has passed mathematics as a subject.
Region Criteria asper JAC Delhi Eligibility Criteria
Delhi Region Candidates- If a candidate is passing their qualifying examination from an institute/ school/ college located within the National Capital Territory of Delhi. Authority will consider them for admission to Delhi Region only. They have a reservation of 85% of seats.
Outside Delhi Region Candidates- If a candidate is passing a qualifying examination outside from a school/college/university located outside the National Capital Territory of Delhi, these candidates will be considered for admission outside Delhi Region only. They have a reservation of 15% of seats.
Relaxation for the candidates in minimum marks criterion in qualifying examination belonging from Reserved Category:
For DTU and IGDTUW only
- OBC-NCL (Other Backward Class): Relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum marks criterion in the qualifying examination.
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST): Relaxation of 10% marks in the minimum marks criterion in the qualifying examination.
- Defence: Relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum marks criterion.
- Differently-abled person: People under this category will be given the relaxation of 10% marks in the minimum marks criterion.
For NSIT only
- Other Backward Class: 10% relaxation for the candidates in the minimum marks criterion.
- Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe: Candidates just need to pass in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in the qualifying examination.
- Defence: Relaxation of 5% marks for the candidates is the minimum marks criterion in the qualifying examination.
- Differently Abled Person: They shall be allowed a relaxation of 5% marks.
For IIIT-D only
- Other Backward Class: 5% of relaxation for the candidates.
- SC and ST Tribe: Candidates can claim a relaxation of 10% marks in the minimum marks criterion of the qualifying exam.
- Defence: Reservation for candidates under this category is of 5% marks in the minimum marks of a qualifying exam.
- Differently-abled person: Candidates under this category shall be allowed a reservation of 5% marks in the minimum marks criterion of the qualifying exam.
JAC DELHI 2021 Reservation Criteria
Allotment of seats in the participating colleges will be in accordance with JAC 2021 reservation criteria. In addition to the categories, each institute will also have a reservation for sub-categories like ‘Differently abled person’ and ‘Disabilities’. The category-wise reservation of the seats are
|Other Backward Class (OBC-NCL)||27%|