Guru Gobind Indraprastha University will be conducting the IPU CET counselling 2020 in the online & offline mode. The counselling of IPU CET 2020 will begin in the month of June 2020. Candidates will be required to register for the IPU CET counselling 2020. Candidates will be required to register, fill in the choices and lock them, pay the admission fee, etc. The counselling will be an important stage of the IPU CET 2020 and all students who have qualified for the counselling must attend it.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The IPU CET counselling will be held for qualified candidates. The type of counselling will depend on the course that the candidate has applied for. IPU CET counselling 2020 will be held in multiple rounds depending on the availability of the seats. The IPU CET 2020 application form will be released in the 3rd week of February 2020. Counselling registration of IPU CET will begin from the 2nd week of June 2020.
Important Dates for IPU CET 2020 Counselling
Check the important dates for counselling given below:
|Printing of the E-challan (offline payment)||1st week of June 2020|
|Payment of counselling fee through online mode (net banking/ Credit/ Debit cards)||2nd week of June 2020|
|Registration for IPU CET Counselling||2nd week of June 2020|
|Verification of Reserved Category Certificates at Designated Centers||2nd week of June 2020|
|Choice Filling||2nd week of June 2020|
|Seat Allotment||3rd week of June 2020|
|Payment of Fees||4th week of June 2020|
|Freezing of Allotment||4th week of June 2020|
|Choice Change after payment of fees for first round||4th week of June 2020|
|Seat Allotment||4th week of June to 1st week of July 2020|
|Printing allotment/ offer letter and part academic fee payment||1st week of July 2020|
|Freezing seat allotment||1st week of July 2020|
|Admission withdrawal||1st week of July 2020|
|Choice Change after payment of fees for second round||1st week of July 2020|
|Seat Allotment||2nd week of July 2020|
|Payment of Fees||2nd week of July 2020|
|Printing of Provisional Seat Allotment Letter||3rd week of July 2020|
|Reporting to Allotted Institutes||3rd week of July 2020|
|Display of Open House Counselling Schedule, if required||3rd week of July 2020|
|Open House Counselling/ Spot Counselling||4th week of July 2020|
IPU CET 2020 Counselling Procedure
Read the counselling procedure given below. Candidates must make sure they check the procedure as they have to register and pay the counselling fee. Go through the steps below:
Payment of Counselling Fee –
- Every applicant has to pay the IPU CET 2020 counselling fee of Rs. 1000 (Non-refundable). The fee can be paid in the online (net banking, credit/ debit card) or offline mode (e-challan). To pay the fee, candidates must log in with their credentials and click on “pay on counselling fees”.
- Enter details like name, roll number etc and choose a payment option (Online on offline). After fee payment, download the receipt.
- After payment of fees, candidates have to register for the counselling procedure.
- Candidates have to enter the details like roll number, name, date of birth, result status and a visual code is shown on the computer screen in the given link.
- After verification, candidates will be sent a user Id and password.
- Fill the form and take a print out
Filling in of Choices
- Candidates will be required to fill the choices of the college and course that they want to opt for.
- Students can log in and fill in the maximum number of choices.
- After this take a print out of the choices filled.
Allotment of Seats
- Based on the rank class and choices filled by the candidate, the seats will be allotted to the candidate.
- Candidates will be required to login and check their seat allotment status.
- A provisional allotment letter (PAL) will be sent to the candidate and he/ she must make sure to download and take a print out of it.
- In order to accept the allotted seat, candidates must pay the academic fee of Rs. 40,000.
- After payment, take a print of the admission fee receipt.
Accepting Allotted Seats
- If the candidates are satisfied with the seats allotted to them, they must freeze the seats indicating they don’t want to participate in further rounds of admission.
- Candidates can log in and click on the freeze option.
- If the candidate does not accept the allotted seat, he/ she will be allotted the next preference seat in the next round.
Spot Round/ Last Round
- If there are seats left even after the last round of IPU CET 2020 counselling, the spot round will be held for candidates to fill the seats.
- After this round, no student will be allowed to withdraw their seat.
- Also, the category-wise and region-wise seats will be converted to general category seats.
Withdrawal of Seats
In case the candidate wants to withdraw their admission and give up their seat allotted, they can withdraw their seats. Candidates will be required to select the withdraw option by logging in to the candidate account.
However, candidates can withdraw seat only before the last round also known as the spot round. The academic fee paid by the candidate will be returned and the candidate will not be eligible for any round of counselling.
Those who have been allotted seats will be required to bring the below-listed documents for verification. Candidates must bring a set of photocopies and original copies of the given certificates. After the seats have been allotted, candidates will be required to report to the designated centres.
- IPU CET 2020 admit card
- IPU CET 2020 result
- Class 10 mark sheet and certificate
- Class 12 mark sheet and certificate
- Category certificate duly attested (if applicable)
- IPU CET 2020 registration slip
- Admission slip
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Academic Fee Receipt
- Conduct certificate duly attested by the head of the institution last studied
B.Tech Courses Offered Via IPU CET 2020
The IPU CET 2020 Engineering Programmes are as follows:
|Sr. No||Name of the B. Tech Courses|
|1.||Computer Science Engineering|
|2.||Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|6.||Instrumentation & Control Engineering|
|8.||Electrical & Electronics Engineering|