IPU CET Exam pattern 2021: In order to prepare for the IPU CET exam 2021, candidates must understand the paper pattern. IPU CET is a common entrance examination for admission to various courses at Indraprastha University. GGSIPU prescribes the IPU CET Exam Pattern and syllabus, which is the same as previous years. The exam pattern guides the students about the type of questions, marking scheme, and so on. It acts as a guideline to prepare for the exam. Hence, the candidates must make sure to understand the paper pattern before commencing the preparation. For more details regarding the exam pattern of IPU CET, go through the article.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
IPU CET Exam Pattern 2021
The exam pattern will carry information about the IPU CET examination like the type of questions, marking scheme, weightage of subjects, mode of the exam, etc. Candidates must make sure to check all the prescribed patterns for the exam and prepare well. Check the IPU CET exam pattern 2021 below:
- MODE – paper-based mode. All the candidates will be provided with the OMR answer sheets.
- DURATION – The exam will be held for 2 hours 30 minutes.
- TYPE OF QUESTIONS – The IPU CET question paper will be in the type of objective type of questions.
- TOTAL QUESTIONS – There will be a total of 150 questions in IPU CET 2021.
- SUBJECTS – IPU CET 2021 questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- WEIGHTAGE – Each section will carry a weightage of 33.3%.
- Total MARKS – The question paper will be of 600 marks.
- MARKING SCHEME – Each question will carry 4 marks. For every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
IPU CET Syllabus 2021
It is necessary to check the correct IPU CET 2021 syllabus for physics, chemistry, and mathematics. Candidates have to study these topics thoroughly as questions will be asked from these topics only. The syllabus of IPU CET will carry the concepts and topics from 11th and 12th classes. Check the IPU CET 2021 subject-wise syllabus here:
|Sets, relations and functions|
|Statistics and probability|
|Binomial theorem and its simple applications|
|Complex numbers and quadratic equations|
|Matrices and determinants|
|Permutations and combinations|
|Sequences and series|
|Lbw, continuity and differentiability|
|Physics and measurement|
|Work, energy and power|
|Atoms and nuclei|
|Dual nature of matter and radiation|
|Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents|
|Magnetic effects of current and magnetism|
|Oscillations and waves|
|Kinetic theory of gases|
|Properties of solids and liquids|
|Laws of motion|
|Some basic concepts in chemistry|
|States of matter|
|Chemical bonding and molecular structure|
|Redox reactions and electrochemistry|
|Purification and characterization of organic compounds|
|Classification of elements and periodicity in properties|
|Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)|
|Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements|
|D – and f – block elements|
|General principles and processes of isolation of me|
Preparation Strategies for IPU CET 2021
Only looking at the exam pattern and checking the syllabus of the exam is not enough. You must also work towards achieving the desired score in the examination. Candidates who are appearing this year (2021) must plan out their preparation and only then will they be able to answer most questions and prepare themselves with determination.
Check the IPU CET 2021 Preparation strategies given below:
- Time Table – Create a proper Time Table on a daily basis. This will help with proper time management. Candidates will be able to give equal time to each topic/ unit in the syllabus.
- Syllabus– All appearing candidates must know the Syllabus of IPU CET 2021 along with the exam pattern. This will help in gathering the correct study material to start with the preparation.
- Sample Papers– Candidates must make sure to solve sample papers available in offline and online mode.
- Stay Fit – Candidates must make sure to eat healthy food and have a normal sleeping pattern during days of Preparation so that he/ she feels fit on the day of the exam.
If you have any queries do ask us in the comments section below!
Check: IPU CET official website