IIT JAM 2022 Application Form will be released in September 2021. In order to apply for the test, one will have to complete the IIT JAM 2022 Registration process. Post the registration of JAM 2022, the candidate will be getting a confirmation mail as well as his/ her enrollment number on his/ her registered e-mail ID. While filling the application form of IIT JAM, one is advised to keep certain details handy in order not to skip any of the important steps. While the candidate is filling the IIT JAM application form, he/ she will be asked to upload certain documents.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The candidate, while uploading the documents, must make sure that the same is of the specified specifications as prescribed by the authority. After that the candidate submits the application form, he/ she will have to pay the application fee. The payment of the fee will be mandatory for the submission of the IIT JAM 2022 Online Form.
IIT JAM Application Form 2022 Release Date
One, who wants to sit in the examination of IIT JAM will have to keep himself/ herself updated regarding the schedule of the release of the Application form of IIT JAM. The form will release as per the specified schedule. The tentative dates are:
|Starting of Online Application Form||September 2021|
|End of Submission of Online Application Form with documents||October 2021|
|Release of Application Form for J&K Candidates||–|
|Last date to submit the application form||–|
JAM 2022 Examination Schedule
|Session||Time of Examination||Name of the Subjects and their Codes|
|I||9:30 AM to 12:30 PM|
|II||2:30 PM to 5:30 PM|
Documents Required To Fill The Online IIT JAM Online Form
Candidates must be informed about the documents required to fill the online form. The list of documents required are:
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.).
- Address for communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- JAM paper(s)
- Choice of JAM examination cities
- High-quality image of the candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified
- High-quality image of the candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified
- Scanned copy of the Category (SC/ST) Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Details of the valid Identity Document (ID) (This ID proof, in original, should be carried by the candidate to the examination hall)
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment
How To Fill IIT JAM Registration Form 2022?
The candidates, who want to apply for IIT JAM must know the steps to do the same. No candidate should skip any of the steps. The steps are:
- Click on the link of the form mentioned in this article. The page mentioning important instructions will reflect on the screen. Hit on JOAPS Portal.
The first and foremost step is to do the registration. One can do the registration through JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS). The window will look like the following image:
If the candidate is the freshly arrived aspirant to the window, then he/ she has to click on Registration. The window of registration will look like the following image:
After the candidate does the registration, he/ she will be receiving a confirmation e-mail on his/ her registered mail-ID. The confirmation mail will be containing the enrolment number.
After the candidate has registered himself/ herself, he/ she will be redirected to the log in section. Post-logging in, a welcoming screen will be reflected addressing as Application Status. One, then, will have to click on Edit Application Form, following which the candidate will have to fill the incomplete application form. The window, asking for completing the application form will look like the following image:
Step-3 Fill the Application Form
After one click on Edit Application Form, he/ she will be redirected to the application form which has to be filled by one with the correct details. The details, which have to be filled in the application form are:
ID Proof Details:
- Aadhar Card details
- Passport Details
- College ID
- License Details
- Employment Details
- Voter Card Details
- Pan Card Details
Personal Details of the Candidate:
- Date of Birth
- Contact Details (Phone number, E-mail ID)
- Address Details
- Name of the College of the Candidate
- IIT JAM Examination Centres
- JAM (Papers to be attempted by one)
Step-4: Fill the Examination Details
The candidate has to fill in the examination details. The examination details will be containing information like the choice of the examination centre of the candidate. One will be provided with 3 choices of examination centre. The candidate is expected to fill the same as per his/ her comfort. The window, asking to enter the examination centre will be looking like the following image:
Step-5: Fill in the Personal Details
The next step will be filling in the personal details. The candidate has to make sure that he/ she is filling in the correct detail in the form, lest one will face problems in the future.
Step-6: Fill in the Communication Details
After filling in the personal details, one will be asked to fill in the communication details, i.e., mobile number, full address, etc. In case if the candidate is not having his/ her own mobile number/ e-mail ID, then he/ she will have to provide the same of one’s parents/ guardians. The window, asking to enter the communication details will be looking like the following image:
Step-7: Fill in the Qualification Details
After filling in the communication details, he/ she will be asked to enter the qualification details. The qualification details have to be provided as per the details in the certificates/ mark sheets. The window, asking to enter the qualification details will be looking like the following image:
Step-8: Upload the Necessary Documents
After providing the qualification details, the candidate will be asked to upload the documents. The aspirant has to make sure that the documents he/ she is uploading are of the size as per decided by the authority. The window, which will be asking to upload the necessary documents will look like the following image:
- The photograph must match your appearance on the day of the examination.
- A passport size (3.5 cm Width × 4.5 cm Height) photograph of the face of the candidate in JPEG format is required for the application form.
- The photograph must be recent and in COLOR.
- The maximum size of the JPEG image can be 480×640 in pixels. The minimum pixel size of the JPEG image should be 240×320. The file size of the image should be in the range of 50KB to 200KB.
- The background of the photograph must be white or a light color.
- The face should occupy at least 50% of the area of the photograph with a full-face view looking into the camera directly.
- The main features of the face must not be covered by hair of the head, any cloth or any shadow. Forehead, eyes, nose, and chin should be clearly visible.
- If you normally wear spectacles, a photograph with glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. While you may wear spectacles for the photoshoot, if glare cannot be avoided, then remove the spectacles.
- Please draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height × Width) on a white paper. Sign with black or dark blue ink pen completely within this box horizontally.
- A signature with all CAPITAL LETTERS, Initials or in any other color (other than black and blue) shall NOT be accepted.
- Get the digital image of the rectangular box (with your signature inside) scanned by using a professional scanner. Crop it to the border of the box. Table 5 shows some samples of acceptable and unacceptable signatures.
- Only JPEG image format will be accepted.
- The maximum image size of the signature should be 160×560 in pixels.
- The minimum image size of the signature should be 80×280 in pixels. The file size of the image should be in the range of 5KB to 100KB.
After the candidate has successfully uploaded the documents, he/ she will have to proceed to pay the necessary fee. The fee payment will be a mandatory step in applying for IIT JAM.
Step-10: Print the Application Form
After the successful payment of the application fee, one will come across the following image following which he/ she will have to click on the option of Download Application Form.
Application Fee of JAM 2022
After successfully completing all the steps of applying for IIT JAM, he/ she will be asked to pay the mandatory fee. The fee can be paid online as well as offline mode also. The online fee can be paid through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking and the offline fee can be paid through E-Challan via SBI. The fee paid to be non-refundable. The fee criteria are:
|Category||Amount (Paper-1)||Amount (Paper-2)|
|SC/ ST/ PWD/ Females||750/-||1050/-|
While making the payment, one will have to provide certain details. The window, which will be asking to pay the fee will look like the following image:
Click on Proceed Payment. The following window will appear in which one will be provided with the modes of payment. One will have to choose the mode through which one will be paying the application fee:
After the candidate makes the successful payment, a confirmation message will be reflected on the screen following the generation of the Fee Payment Number.
Modifications In The JAM 2022 Application Form
In case if one has provided any incorrect information while filling the same, he/ she will be able to modify the same. The candidates can make only minor corrections in the application form. In order to do the same, one will have to e-mail the authority regarding the matter. The subject of the e-mail should be “Correction in data (enrollment number)”. The candidate will be able to alter the following details in the application form:
- Name of the candidate (only minor spelling with the proof of the document)
- Date of Birth (change in the date/ month/ year with the proof of the document)
- Name of the parent/ guardian of the candidate (only minor spelling with the proof of the document)
- Category of the candidate (with the proof of the document)
How To Do IIT JAM Application Form Modification?
The procedure to do the modifications in the application form are:
Change in Personal Data while filling in the application form/ immediately after that:
- Open the official website (jam.iitkgp.ac.in)
- Click on Change Personal Data.
- Do the necessary changes.
- Click on Submit.
Change in Exam Centre
- Tune in to the official website of JOAPS.
- Click on Change Personal Data.
- Do the necessary changes.
- Click on Submit.
Note-One will be charged Rs. 500/- for making changes in the application form.
Fee Criteria for the candidates who make changes in IIT JAM Application (Registration) Form
|Change in Gender from Female to Male/ Transgender (Not applicable for SC/ ST and PWD Candidates)|
|Change in Category from SC/ ST to Gen/ OBC (Not applicable for Female and PWD Candidates)|
|Change in PwD from PwD to Non – PwD (Not applicable for Female and SC/ ST Candidates)|
Note- No fee will be charged from the candidates belonging to the reserved categories and Females.