Admission into undergraduate B.Tech programme in the state Haryana is granted to the eligible candidates on the basis of JEE Main score and qualifying examination. Haryana State Technical Education Society (HSTES) is responsible to organize and conduct the counselling for admission to the undergraduate B.Tech programme in the Institute of Haryana. No entrance exam is conducted for admission, candidates have to appear in JEE Main exam in order to get enrolled in the technical institute of state Haryana. Admission is also granted on the basis of qualifying examination score.
Physical reporting of the candidates at the allotted institutes after deposition of semester fee at the allotted institute has started from 2nd July 2018. The last date for the same is 5th of July 2018.
The Result of seat allotment by NIC has been released. click here to check.
The Online Registration for counseling, Filling of choices, changing of choices and locking of choices (1st Round) has closed on 28th June 2018. Click here to register and fill in your choices.
Haryana B.Tech Counselling Dates 2018
The application form for Haryana B.Tech admission 2018 has been released Link to register and fill up the application form has been provided above. Interested candidates can apply for the same and attend the counselling. Announced dates based on previous year data of the significant activities is provided in the table below
Date of the events is varied for different categories of candidates. So, candidates must check the dates carefully before going to perform any activity.
|1.||Declaration of result of JEE Main result 2018||30th April 2018 (announced)|
|2.||Description of Event||B.Tech||TFW Category in B.Tec||KM & HGST Category in B.Tech|
|3.||Basis of Admission||Merit/ Rank of JEE Main 2018||Inter-se-merit of qualifying exam|
|4.||Availability of official admission brochure||10.05.2018 onwards|
|5.||Online application form submission starts from||NA||23.05.2018– 06.06.2018||23.05.2018 – 06.06.2018|
|6.||Deposit of Application Fee Card/Net Banking) online (Debit Card/Credit or E-Challan (generated at while applying online) in any designated bank branch||NA||23.05.2018 – 06.06.2018 (Online) 24.05.2018 to 07.06.2018(E-Challan)||23.05.2018 – 06.06.2018 (Online) 24.05.2018 to 07.06.2018 (E-Challan)|
|7.||Submission of Application form along with relevant |
documents (by hand/ by post at HSTES office, Pkl)
|NA||Upto 08.06.2018 (4pm)|
|8.||Display of merit list of various category||NA||NA||14.06.2018 (upto 3:00 PM)|
|9.||Deposit of Counseling Fee either Online or through E-Challan||15.05.2018 onwards|
|10.||Online Counseling Schedule||1 st counselling||2nd counselling|
|11.||Online Registration for counseling, Filling of choices, changing of choices and locking of choices||25.06.2018 to 28.06.2018||10.07.2018 to 13.07.2018|
|12.||Result of seat allotment by NIC||29.06.2018||16.07.2018 (12:00 Noon)|
|13.||Physical reporting of the candidates at the allotted institutes after deposition of semester fee at allotted institute.||02.07.2018 to 05.07.2018||17.07.2018 to 20.07.2018|
|14.||Updation of vacancy position by the respective institutes||02.07.2018 to 05.07.2018 (upto 11.59 PM)||17.07.2018 to 20.07.2018 (upto 11.59 PM)|
|15.||Start of Session||As per the University Academic Calendar|
|16.||Final Cut-off date for all admissions (including institute level)||(As per the schedule notified by AICTE in pursuance to the orders passed by Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in Civil Appeal No.9048 of 2012 )|
Haryana B.Tech Counselling Rounds
Two rounds of counselling will be held based on the category of the applicants. The information regarding the same has been provided below.
- 1st Counselling shall be done for all categories namely AIC, HOGC, KM, TFW, SC, BC-A, BC-B, PH, ESM (with all priorities) and FF of all categories with 25% Horizontal Female reservation.
- 2nd Counseling shall be done for all categories namely AIC, HOGC, KM, TFW, SC, BC (by merging BCA and BCB in BC), PH and merging all ESM (all priorities) and FF with 25% Horizontal Female reservation.
Haryana B.Tech Merit List 2018
Merit List for KM Category candidates – View Here
Merit List for HGST Category candidates – View Here
After receiving all the applications from the interested candidates, the official admission committee prepares a merit list. The Haryana B.Tech merit list contains the name of the shortlisted candidate who is eligible to participate in the counselling rounds. Applicants need to obtain the cut-off marks to appear in the merit list. The cut-off marks depend on the following factors
- Number of applicants
- Marks obtained in the qualifying examination
- JEE Main 2018 Exam score
- Highest and lowest marks obtained by the candidates
Haryana B.Tech Counselling Procedure 2018
Step 1: If a candidate finds his/her name in the merit list, then he/she has to register and fill up the counselling form by depositing a fee of Rs.500/-. Fee can be paid in online (via debit card/ credit card/ net banking) and offline mode (by depositing the fee in any bank branch of Axis or PNB banks). After paying the counselling fee, candidates need to follow a definite number of steps to register themselves for counselling and they are as follows
- Filling up of application form
- Choice filling and locking
NOTE 1: A login ID and password will be generated and same will be sent to the registered email ID. Candidate must keep the login credentials safely as it will require for future reference.
NOTE 2: After this, Candidate has to wait for the result of the desired course.
Step 2: After the declaration of result, the candidate will log in the counselling website by entering his/ her Roll No. & Password and click on Provisional Seat Allotment Result. If the candidate has been allotted a seat then a page showing provisional seat allotment letter appears which shows Institute, Branch allotted to a candidate, Allotment Status and reporting duration is mentioned.
Step 3: Candidate should take print out of this Provisional Seat Allotment letter, and should personally visit the institute allotted to him/ her between specified reporting dates for taking admission. Candidate will deposit one semester fees in the allotted institute at the time of reporting in the institution.
Step 4: For up gradation of the seat allotment, a candidate should participate in subsequent counselling. For that, the candidate has to log in to the website and click on the undertaking which says that “I understand and accept that, by participating in this counselling, my earlier admission/ allotment, if any, will be cancelled automatically, in case I get the new allotment to participate in next counselling”.
Candidates have to check the undertaking and click on Accept Participation and Proceed to participate in further counselling. The candidate is advised to opt for the choice(s) which is better than the seat reserved in previous counselling.
Highlights of Haryana B.Tech Counselling 2018
- For withdrawal of one-semester admission Fee, the candidate should submit a request to the concerned institution well before the last date of admissions. After withdrawal, the seat shall be cancelled and shall be allotted to next eligible candidate.
- In case a candidate gets a new seat in subsequent counselling, the earlier allotment/ admission, if any, will stand cancelled automatically.
- In case a candidate upgrades to a new discipline in the same institution, he/ she should report again in the allotted institution but need not to deposit one semester fees again.
- If a candidate upgrades to a new institute, one semester fees shall be required to be deposited in the new institute also along with document verification and should submit fee withdrawal request in the previous institution.
- The candidates who did not get the seat in previous counselling or who are not satisfied with the allotted seat may try in subsequent counselling for getting a seat or up gradation as per the case respectively.
- Once the seat in subsequent counselling is allotted, the previous allotted seat will automatically be cancelled. After allotment of seat in subsequent counselling, the candidate must report at the allotted institute and in case of non-reporting by the candidate, the allotted seat will also be cancelled.
- Counselling for Kashmiri Migrants and Haryana Govt. School Toppers for B.E./ B. Tech course shall be done online by the official admission authority.