Haryana B.Tech Admission 2020: Haryana State Technical Education Society (HSTES) will conduct Haryana B.Tech Admission 2020. The admission is given on the basis of class 12th and JEE Main 2020 scores to University Departments, Government/ Government Aided/ Private Institutions located in the State. The admission authority will reserve 85% seats for applicants of Haryana while the remaining 15% seats will be available for applicants belonging outside of Haryana.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The Application form for admission of Haryana B.Tech 2020 will release in the 2nd or 3rd week of May 2020. Applicants must check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The authority will also publish a Merit List for Haryana B.Tech Admission 2020. Applicants whose names will be listed on the merit list will be called to take part in the counselling process. The HSTES counselling will take place in two rounds. B. Tech Admission 2020 for Haryana will be conducted for the following.
- Applicants applying as regular students
- The Applicants applying under the category of Kashmiri Migrants (KM)
- Applicants applying under the scheme of Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW)
- The Applicants applying under the category of Haryana Government School Toppers (HGST)
Highlights Of Haryana B.Tech Admission 2020
The table below shows the quick information regarding Haryana B.Tech Admission 2020:
|Name of Admission||Haryana B.Tech Admission 2020|
|Admission Conducting Body||Haryana State Technical Education Society (HSTES)|
|Category of Admission||Undergraduate|
|Level of Admission||State-level|
|Basis of Admission||Scores of JEE Main 2020 and qualifying exam (class 12th)|
Haryana B.Tech Admission Eligibility Criteria 2020
Aspirants must check the eligibility criteria to apply for Haryana B.Tech Admission 2020. Haryana State Technical Education Society will prescribe the eligibility criteria. Through the criteria, applicants will know whether they are eligible or not for Admission 2020 of Haryana. The eligibility criteria for regular candidates, Kashmiri Migrants (KM), Haryana Government School Toppers and candidates applying under Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) scheme are listed below.
- Candidates must have passed class 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized board
- An aspirant must have studied Physics, Mathematics and any of these subjects Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational Subject in class 12th
- The candidate must have a minimum aggregate of 45% in 12th standard
- Applicants belonging to Reserved categories must have an aggregate of 42.75% in the above-mentioned subjects in class 12th
- Kashmiri Migrants have a 10% relaxation for Haryana Admission 2020
- Aspirants who have done Diploma in Engineering will also be eligible for admission under Lateral Entry scheme
Eligibility criteria for B.Tech in Biotechnology
- The candidate must have cleared class 12th with Physics, Mathematics/Biology or any of the following subjects Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science
- Applicants must have scored 45% in class 12th
Haryana B.Tech Admission Process 2020
The procedure of Haryana B.Tech Admission 2020 for Kashmiri Migrants (KM), Haryana Government School Toppers (HGST) and Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) scheme is given here.
- Candidates applying as Kashmiri Migrants category will get supernumerary seats. This will be based on the merit of class 12th. The percentage of the qualifying exam will be calculated depending on the score obtained in Maths, Physics, English and any one of these subjects (whichever will be the highest) Chemistry/ Bio-Technology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational. This category of candidates must produce their original Migration certificate that needs to be duly signed by the concerned authority or Relief commissioner
- Applicants who will be applying under the category of Haryana Government School Topper (HGST) will be allotted seats in the Govt./ Aided/ University Department/ Private Institutes in each branch of B.Tech course. All these institutes will offer B.Tech courses on the basis of the merit of class 12th of 2020 out of each topper (having minimum second division i.e. 50% marks in aggregate) of Govt. Senior Secondary School offering Science Stream (having a minimum of 5 students on roll in the Science stream), subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria. These candidates must produce a certificate in support of their claim from the Principal/ Headmaster of the Govt. School from which the candidate has topped
- Applicants applying through the Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme for the B.Tech course will also get supernumerary seats. Haryana B.Tech 2020 admission under the AICTE Scheme of Tuition Fee Waiver is generally meant for students who are financially weak. These seats will be allotted by the council for all the institutions, on the basis of JEE Main 2020 counselling.
Haryana B.Tech Admission Form 2020
To apply for admission, the candidate needs to fill an Application form of Harayana B.Tech 2020. Applicants are advised to fill and submit the application form on or before the last date of submission along with payment of application fee. The candidates must submit the form before the last submission date. Applicants need to pay an amount of Rs. 200 as an application fee, which can be paid through Net Banking, Debit/Credit Card, or E-challan. In order to fill an application for Admission 2020 of Haryana under the B.tech course, aspirants need to follow some simple steps. Read the below pointers to know more.
1 – Registration
2 – Filling Personal information in the Application form
3 – Filling Contact and Academic details in the Application Form
4 – Submission and Choice Filling
Payment through E-Challan
Applicants have to take a printout when they are paying through e-challan. The candidate needs to submit this printout in any branch of Punjab National Bank or Axis Bank.
Note – The application fee is non-refundable under any circumstance. Aspirants will be charged with service charges for using an online payment gateway.
Haryana B.Tech Cut-off 2020
The minimum marks required by the candidate for admission in the institute under a particular course is called as Cut-off of Haryana B.Tech Admission 2020. Haryana State Technical Education Society (HSTES) will release the cut-off for interested applicants. For the admission of Haryana B.Tech 2020, aspirants must score equal or above the released cut-off. The cut-off varies for each course and institute. The following factors determine the cutoff of Haryana B.Tech cut off.
- Total number of candidates applying for admission
- Total number of seats available
- Trends in the previous year’s cut-off
Haryana B.Tech Merit List 2020
The concerned authority will publish the Merit list for Admission 2020 of Haryana in online mode. The merit list for Kashmiri Migrants and Haryana Government School Toppers is going to release separately. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the JEE Main 2020 scores and will be category-specific. Based on this merit list, aspirants will be called for counselling and seat allotment process.
Harayana B.Tech Counselling 2020
Haryana State Technical Education Society (HSTES) will organize counselling of Haryana B.Tech Admission 2020. The counselling process will take place in two rounds via online mode only. On completion of the second round of counselling, the authority will offer admission after merging sub-categories into the main reserved category. The counselling for Admission 2020 of Haryana under B.Tech course will comprise of following steps.
- Verification of ID
- Choice Filling
- Downloading of Seat Allotment Letter
- Reporting at the allotted institute for Submission of Fees and Verification of Documents
Haryana B.Tech Admission Reserved Seats 2020
The allotment of seats for Haryana B.Tech admission 2020 is completely based on reservation policy. Seats are allotted to each category of applicants according to this policy as given out by the admission authority. Check the seat distribution as per the Reservation policy below.
Reservation Policy for Government and Aided Institutes
|Name of the Category||Category Code||Percentage of Seats reserved|
|State Quota||Haryana Category||85%|
|Haryana Open General Category||HOGC||50% of state quota|
|Reserved Categories of Haryana||Reserved||50% of state quota|
|Rest of Haryana Category||RoHC||15%|
|Backward Class – A||BC-A||16% of state quota|
|Backward Class – B||BC-B||11% of state quota|
|Scheduled Castes||SC||20% of state quota|
Reservation policy for Private Institutes
The reserved seats for Private Institutes are distributed as follows:
- At first 50% of reserved seats (including 25% of seats under management quota) are allotted based on JEE Main All India Rank (AIR). Later, the seats are allotted based on class 12the rank
- The remaining 50% of seats are allotted by Haryana State Technical Education Society (HSTES)
Haryana B.Tech Admission Participating Institutes 2020
The seats are offered to candidates in various participating institutes of Haryana B.Tech Admission 2020. These participating institutes include government colleges, government-aided institutes, private institutes and deemed colleges located in Haryana. At the time of choice filling and counselling, applicants have to select participating institutes per their convenience and preference. The list of Haryana B.Tech Admission 2020 participating institutes is given here.
|1||Lingaya’s University, Faridabad|
|2||The Technological Institute of Textile and Sciences, Bhiwani|
|3||Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology, Hisar|
|4||University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra|
|5||YMCA University of Science and Technology, Faridabad|
|6||Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology, Murthal|
|7||Seth Jai Parkash Mukand Lal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Yamunanagar|
|8||Ambala College of Engineering and Applied Research, Ambala|
|9||World College of Technology and Management, Gurgaon|
Haryana B.Tech 2020 Contact Details
If you have any admission related queries or doubts, you can communicate on the details given below.
Haryana State Technical Education Society
Bay Nos. 7-12, Sector-4, Panchkula
Website: www.techeduhry.gov.in, or www.hstes.org.in
Toll-free number – 1800 420 2026
If you have any other queries or doubts regarding the admission process, then comment down below. We will reply as soon as possible.