GATE Counselling 2021: Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP) and Centralised Counselling for M.Tech/ M.Des (CCMT) is responsible for conducting the GATE 2020 counselling. Further, candidates can check the counselling schedule on the official website. Also, candidates need to register separately for COAP & CCMT counselling. However, this process will take place after the release of the GATE Result. In order to secure admission in IITs, the candidates have to apply to the institute and further register for COAP. On the basis of GATE Scores, admission will be given to the candidates. For more details, keep on reading the article.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
|GATE Application Form 2021||GATE Admit Card 2021||GATE Cutoff|
GATE Counselling Schedule 2021
In order to sit for the counselling, candidates must be aware of the dates. Hence, we are providing tentative dates below. Also, note that the counselling schedule will be available on the official website of COAP & CCMT. Hence, keep checking them for updates.
|GATE Exam Date||1st to 2nd week of February 2021|
|Application Form for admission in IITs M.Tech through GATE 2021||March 2021|
|Result of GATE||2nd week of March 2021|
|GATE Scorecard 2021||3rd week of March 2021|
|CCMT Registration||Last week of April 2021|
|COAP Registration||March 2021|
GATE CCMT Counselling 2021
Through CCMT, candidates can apply for NITs, IIITs, GFTIs, IIEST Shibpur, and other participating institutes for admission into M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan./M.Des. programmes. From the year 2020 onwards, there is an addition of a new feature in the counselling process. Now, the candidates have to upload all the needful documents after the seat allotment process.
CCMT Counselling Eligibility Criteria
In order to appear for GATE CCMT Counselling, candidates must make sure that they fulfill the criteria.
- Candidates must have valid GATE Scores (2019, 2020, 2021).
- In case the candidates are in their final year exam, then they can also apply for CCMT Counselling. However, they must provide the necessary documents for admission.
The candidates must have passed the qualifying degree with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA for OC/OC-EW and OB category and 55% or 6.0 CGPA in case of SC/ST/PwD candidates
- Also, candidates must check the criteria of the Institutes as well. Every Institute has its own criteria for admission. Hence, it is advisable to go through the eligibility criteria.
- In addition to this, candidates must also check the eligibility for programs that they wish to seek admission in.
Step-wise CCMT Counselling Process
Let us take a look at the step-wise process of CCMT counselling.
Step 1: Online Registration, Choice Filling & Locking of Choices
In order to participate in the counselling process, the candidates must register themselves on the official website of CCMT along with the payment of registration fees. Also, candidates can only pay the fees via online mode with the help of SBI MOPS ((i.e. Net Banking/ Credit Card/Debit Card or through e-Challan).
GATE CCMT Registration Fees
|SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs. 2000|
After paying the fee, the candidates need to fill their choice of programmes. Also, candidates must lock their choices.
Step 2: Online Seat Allotment, Acceptance of Seat, Fee deposit, and Personal Reporting
In this step, seat allotment will take place. On the basis of GATE scores, seat availability, and candidate’s choice, the seats will be allotted to the candidates. In case the candidate accepts the seat, then they have to pay Rs. 20,000 as seat acceptance by using SBI MOPS (Net banking /credit card/ debit card or through e-Challan). This process of seat allotment will be online. After the allotment of seats, the candidates have to submit the documents in online mode. This feature has been introduced this year by the authorities.
After the successful verification of documents, candidates will receive a DVC (Document Verification Certificate)
At the time of seat allotment, the students will be given certain options.
- Floating: Candidates who wish to appear for the subsequent rounds but also want to retain the current seats can select this choice
- Sliding: Candidates who wish to be considered for the next round for their other choices only within the Institute allotted to them have to select the “Sliding” option
- Freezing: Candidates who select this option means that they accept the current seat and do not wish to appear for the next round
Step 3: Getting Admitted to Allotted Institute
Candidates who will be allotted seats have to pay the seat confirmation fee (Rs. 10,000) in order to complete the provisional seat confirmation process. Remaining balance will be paid to the respective allotted college at the time of admission. Following the payment of seat confirmation fee, candidates can download the seat provisional allotment letter from the official website.
Further, the candidates have to report to the college with the necessary documents.
CCMT National Spot Round Counselling
After the conclusion of all three regular rounds of CCMT Counselling, the authorities conduct NSR Counselling. Hence, candidates have to register separately for the same. In addition to this, the candidates have to fill the new choice for this round.
|Category||NSR Registration Fee||NSR Participation Fee|
|OC/ OC-EW/ OB||Rs. 2,500||Rs. 40,000|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs. 2,000||Rs 10,0000|
Documents Required for CCMT Counselling
- Provisional Seat Allotment Letter
- Self-Attested Copy of GATE Score Card (2019 or 2020 or 2021)
- Photo ID proof
- Original Birth certificate issued by competent authority/Class X (High School) Board Certificate as age proof
- 12th Class Mark Sheet
- Mark sheet of qualifying examination (all semesters)
- Degree/ Provisional Certificate
- Category certificate, if applicable
- 3 recent Passport size colored photograph
- Seat acceptance fee proof
- Printout of the Registration form & locked choices
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Original Conduct Certificate from the Head of the institution last attended
- Original Course completion certificate from the Head of the University/Institute in case the result is awaited
- One set of self-attested photocopy of all the original documents
GATE COAP Counselling 2021
All the IITs will release separate application forms for the admission process. Hence, those who wish to seek admission into M.Tech courses via GATE scores have to individually register for the IITs. In addition to it, the candidates have to register for COAP as well. In order to this, the candidates can visit the official website of COAP. Further, they can check the entire schedule of admission on the website.
GATE COAP Eligibility Criteria 2021
In order to apply for GATE COAP Counselling, candidates must check if they are eligible or not.
- Candidates must have valid scores of GATE Exam (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Every institution has the criteria for admission. Hence, it is advisable to check the institute-wise criteria for applying
- Candidates with more than one GATE scores must enter the highest GATE scores at the time of registration.
- Candidates having GATE scores in more than 1 paper must provide details about all the scores
Step-wise procedure of GATE COAP Counselling
In order to register for GATE COAP 2020, follow the steps given here.
Step 1: Online Registration
In order to register for GATE COAP, candidates have to visit the COAP official website. Further, at the time of registration, they have to provide the following details.
- GATE Registration Number
- GATE Paper Code
- Date of Birth
- GATE Scores
Submit all the details by clicking on the button.
Step 2: Enter Email ID & Contact Number
Now, the candidates have to provide a valid email ID & phone number. It is important to enter the correct ID and number as the candidates will receive the login credentials on it. After doing so, the candidates will receive the COAP login on the registered mail ID and contact number.
Step 3: Verification of Details
Now, using the new GATE COAP login, candidates have to login into the portal. Further, they need to fill the remaining details in order to successfully register for GATE COAP.
Step 4: Submit the details
Before the final submission, ensure that all the details are correct and valid. Therefore, preview the details. After doing so, submit it in order to finish the registration.
Step 5: Apply for Institutes
Also, select the institutes for admission into M.Tech programmes.
Step 6: Check Admission Status
After applying to the desired institutes, candidates need to check the allotment status. In order to do so, login into the COAP portal and view the status.
Steps to check Admission Offers via GATE COAP Portal 2021
- Go to the official COAP 2021 portal
- With the help of the login credentials, enter into your portal
- Now, select the seat allotment option
- Further, the candidates will be able to see the status as institute-wise allotment of seats for every institute in which they have applied
- Now, the candidates will get some options, such as “Accept and Freeze”, “Retain and Wait”, “Reject and Wait” and “Reject”. So, the candidate has to pick any one of the choices.
Steps to accept GATE COAP Seats 2021
The candidates will get four options regarding seat allotment. Let’s discuss them in brief. Also, there will be several rounds of seat allotment. Hence, if the candidate doesn’t secure the name in 1st list then they must wait for the other rounds.
Choice 1: Accept & Freeze
If the candidates select this choice, then it means that they accept the allotted seat and won’t participate in the subsequent rounds. After the selection of this choice, the candidates cannot upgrade their seats or sit for any other rounds of seat allotment.
After accepting the seats, the candidates need to submit their choice and head to the allotted institute’s website for further admission process.
Choice 2: Retain & Wait
Candidates can select this choice if they wish to accept the seat but also want to upgrade the seats in the subsequent rounds. Candidates who select this option will not be considered for the other rejected offers in the current round and also if any higher preferred offer is made in the next round, then the existing ‘Retain and Wait’ offer will get cancelled automatically.
Choice 3: Reject & Wait
In case the candidate selects this option, then it means that they do not want to accept the seats and wish to wait for better offers in the other seat allotment rounds.
Choice 4: Reject
Candidates can select this option if they do not wish to accept any seats offered via GATE COAP 2021.
GATE COAP Seat Allotment Options 2021
|Accept & Freeze||Retain & Wait||Reject & Wait|
In case you have any doubts or queries, then ask us in the comment section below.