GATE 2021 result has been declared on 19th March 2021. Earlier, the final answer key has been released on the official site on 17th Feb 2021. GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is a national-level entrance exam. IISc, Bangalore, and one of the IITs conduct GATE Exam. In the year 2021, IIT Bombay conducted the GATE 2021. The exam is over for sessions 2021-22. Every year, lakhs of students appear for GATE. The GATE exam is for those who wish to get admission to Technology, Engineering, Architecture, and Doctoral courses. GATE Examination Registration 2021 is over Therefore, candidates must keep checking the official website for regular updates. In this article, we will brief you about GATE Exam Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, GATE Exam Date, etc. Therefore, keep on reading the article.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Check the GATE result: Click Here
GATE final answer key released: Click Here
Challenge the Answer Key till 4th March (up to 17:00 HRS): Click Here
GATE 2021 Official Answer Key Released: Click Here
Download the GATE response sheet: Click Here
GATE unofficial Answer key released: Click Here
Video of Exam Day Process for candidates: click here
GATE 2021 Hall Ticket Released: Click Here
Detailed Schedule of the Exam Paper: Click Here
GATE 2021 Mock Test: Click Here
GATE Exam Latest Updates 2021
- IIT Bombay is the conducting body of the GATE 2021.
- The exam date has been declared: It will take place from February 6th to 13th in two shifts. 1st Shift: 9:30-12:30 am and 2nd Shift: 3:00-6:00 pm.
- Humanities background will also be allowed to take the test.
- Two new subjects are also being introduced starting this year, environmental science and engineering, and humanities and social sciences.
- Candidates will also have the option of appearing for two subjects.
- “Eligibility criteria to appear for GATE-2021 is relaxed from the minimum 10+2+4 (ongoing) to minimum 10+2+3 (ongoing), enabling even those in the third year of their undergraduate studies to appear for the examination, thus providing an additional opportunity to candidates to improve their performance to secure better career options” GATE officials
- All Test Papers of GATE 2021 will be entirely objective type. Pattern of questions may include
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ),
- Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and/or
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- You can appear for GATE entrance as many times as you want
- There is no age criteria for appearing in GATE.
- Now GATE will have the 27 subjects in total,
- GATE-2021 scorecard will remain valid for THREE years from the date of announcement of results.
Download GATE 2021 Brochure By IIT Bombay
GATE Exam Schedule 2021
In order to successfully register for the GATE entrance exam, candidates must be aware of the important dates. Therefore, check the table below.
|GATE Online Application Form||11th September 2020|
|GATE Application Form Last Date||30th September 2020|
|Extended Last Date Registration||7th October 2020|
|Last Date of Registration (With Late Fee)||14th October 2020|
|Last date of intimation to Registered Candidates after FIRST Round of Scrutiny by Zonal Office||26th October 2020|
|Re-opening of GOAPS Portal for Successfully Registered Candidates to change Category / City / Exam paper|
(Change of City is FREE and extra 500 for Category and Paper Change)
|28th October 2020|
|Last Date to Change Exam City, Category||13th November 2020|
|One last time correction||17th to 23rd Nov 2020|
|GATE Admit Card Download||8th January 2021|
|Miscellaneous Activities||5th February 2021|
12th February 2021
|GATE Exam 2021|
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon (Tentative)
|6th February 2021|
7th February 2021
13th February 2021
14th February 2021
|Declaration of GATE Result||19th March 2021|
GATE Papers & Code
Candidates can check the GATE Papers along with their codes.
GATE Exam Eligibility Criteria 2021
In order to appear for the GATE Exam, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria of GATE. Those who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria for GATE cannot apply for the GATE entrance exam.
For B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Pharma Candidates
- Must have passed a Bachelors degree (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/ Technology). OR currently in the last year of the degree OR the students in the third year will also be eligible for GATE
- Qualifying year must not exceed 2020
For B.Arch Candidates
- Must have passed a Bachelor degree in Architecture (5 years) OR currently in the last year of the graduation OR the students in the third year will also be eligible for GATE
- Qualifying year must not be after 2020
For M.Sc./ MA/ MCA Candidates
- Must possess a Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Maths/ Statistics/ Computer Applications OR currently in the final year of the degree
- Qualifying year must not exceed 2020
For B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S. Candidates
- Must have passed a Bachelors degree in Science (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2 level) OR currently in the last year of degree
- Qualifying year must not be later than 2020
For Integrated M.E./ Integrated M.Tech. (Post B.Sc.) Candidates
- Must have passed a 4 years Integrated Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology OR currently in 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th year can apply too
- Qualifying year must not exceed 2020
For M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2 level) Candidates
- Must have a passed 5 years Integrated degree or dual degree in Engineering/ Technology OR currently appearing in the 4th or 5th year
- Qualifying year must not exceed 2020
For Integrated M.Sc./ Integrated B.S./M.S Candidates
- Must have passed 5 years Integrated Masters degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/ Technology OR currently in the 4th or 5th year
- Qualifying year must not exceed 2020
For Professional Society Examinations (equal to B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch) Candidates
- Must have passed B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Arch or equal exams of Professional Societies recognized by MHRD / UPSC/ AICTE (for example, AMIE by Institution of Engineers- India, AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers- India)
- Finished Section A or equal of such professional courses
GATE Application Form 2021
If you want to appear for the GATE exam, candidates need to do GATE Registration online. Moreover, the authority will activate the GATE Application Form download link later on. Candidates must note that the form will be available in online mode only. Also, it is important that the candidates provide the correct information in the application form. It is because the GATE admit card will be prepared on the basis of the details given in the application form. Before filling the application form, keep the necessary documents ready for uploading.
Documents Required For Filling GATE Online Form
- Personal Details (Name of the applicant, DOB, Mobile Number, Parents Name, etc)
- Communication Address
- Degree Details
- Name of the College & Address along with PIN Code
- GATE Paper (subject name)
- GATE Exam Centres Choice
- Candidate’s Photograph & Signature
- Scanned copy of Eligibility Certificate (PDF format)
- Reservation Certificate (Scanned)
- PwD Certificate (Scanned)
- Dyslexic Certificate, if applicable
- Valid ID details
- Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card/ UPI details for the payment of GATE
GATE Application Form Fee 2021
|Category||Fees On or before Last date||Fees After Last Date|
|For GATE Exam Centres in India|
|All Other Candidates||1500||2000|
|SC/ ST/ PwD Category||750||1250|
|For GATE Exam Centres Outside India|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu||US $50||US $70|
|Dubai and Singapore||US $100||US $120|
GATE Application Form Correction 2021
The exam conducting authorities will provide a facility to make amendments in the GATE Online Application Form. The GATE Form Correction facility will be only available in the online mode. The correction window will be open for a short while therefore, all the candidates must make changes during that time itself. All those who fail to rectify their mistakes will not get another chance.
GATE Exam Pattern 2021
In order to prepare efficiently for the GATE Entrance Exam, candidates must have a brief knowledge of the exam pattern of GATE paper. Read the below points to know the exam pattern of GATE in detail.
- GATE Entrance will take place in CBT (Computer-Based Test) mode
- Multiple-choice questions will be asked in the exam
- The exam will take place for 3 hours in total
- GATE Question Papers will be of 100 marks
- A total of 65 questions will come in the Question paper
- GATE exam will be conducted for 27 subjects
GATE Syllabus 2021
The syllabus of GATE includes all the important topics from all subjects that can come in the exam. Candidates can get GATE Syllabus for CSE and other branches on the official website. Ensure that you cover the entire gate syllabus cse before appearing for the GATE exam 2021. Along with the syllabus, candidates must also solve GATE previous year question papers. This will help the students to get an idea about the level of questions that come in the exam. Moreover, they will understand the marking scheme better by practicing the question papers.
GATE Exam Centres 2021
The GATE Entrance exam will take place at 8 Zonal exam centres meaning 199 exam cities. Candidates can pick the exam city that is close to their place of residence. Applicants get the chance to choose the exam centres while filling the application. They have to fill 2 Zonal exam centres. All the details regarding exam centre (address & other necessary details) will be present on the GATE Hall ticket. In addition to India exam centres, there are exam centres outside India as well. There is no GATE Exam centre change facility. Check the list of exam centres below.
|Zonal Offices||Exam Cities|
|International GATE, IIT Guwahati|
GATE Admit Card 2021
The exam conducting authorities will release the GATE Admit Card download link in the 1st week of January 2021. The admit card will be available in online mode only. In order to download the GATE Admit card, candidates have to provide their login credentials.
All the candidates must download the admit card in order to sit for the entrance test. Failing to produce the GATE hall ticket at the time of examination, the candidate will not be allowed to sit for the exam.
GATE Answer Key 2021
After the successful completion of the GATE Exam, the authorities will release the GATE Answer Key, Question Paper, and Response Sheet. With the help of the GATE Official Answer Key 2021, candidates can predict their scores in the exam.
However, there are a few coaching institutions that release GATE unofficial answer keys, such as Gate Forum, Made Easy, etc. Therefore, candidates can check their answer keys as well. These institutes release the answer keys on the day of the exam itself.
GATE Result 2021
Candidates can view the GATE Exam result in the 3rd week of March 2021. In order to check the GATE 2021 result, candidates need to provide the registration number, Date of birth, etc. Candidates can find the GATE result download link on the official website. Qualifying candidates will further appear for the counselling rounds.
GATE Score Card 2021
GATE Exam authorities will upload the GATE Scorecard on the official website. The scorecard will inform the candidates about their performance in each subject. Candidates can download the GATE Scorecard @ gate.iitd.ac.in.
One important point to note is that the GATE scorecard will be valid for 3 years after the announcement of the result.
GATE Cutoff 2021
One should qualify the GATE cutoff in order to seek admission into desired institutes. GATE Cutoff for NIT, IIT, etc will differ from each other. Candidates can check the GATE previous year cutoff to understand the trends.
Also, PSUs will call the candidates for interview only if they clear the GATE cut off for PSUs. Therefore, every candidate must prepare and write the exam with full focus.
Factors Determining GATE Cutoff 2021
There are several factors that lead to the release of the cutoff list for IITs, NITs, etc. Have a look at those factors below.
- Total number of candidates appearing for GATE exam
- Seat Availability
- The difficulty level of the question paper
- Category of the candidate
GATE 2020 Category-wise Cutoff
|GATE Paper & Code||Category|
|General||OBC (NCL)||SC/ ST/ PwD|
|Life Sciences (XL)||31.7||28.5||21.1|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||32.9||29.6||21.9|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||33.4||30.0||22.2|
|Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)||28.5||25.6||19.0|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||34.0||30.6||22.6|
|Petroleum Engineering (PE)||39.8||35.8||26.5|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC)||28.8||25.9||19.2|
|Chemical Engineering (CH)||35.7||32.1||23.8|
|Engineering Sciences Minor (XE)||26.0||23.4||17.3|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF)||37.1||33.3||24.7|
|Aerospace Engineering (AE)||27.2||24.4||18.1|
|Agricultural Engineering (AG)||26.3||23.6||17.5|
|Architecture and Planning (AR)||34.8||31.3||23.2|
|Ecology and Evolution (EY)||42.2||37.9||28.1|
|Instrumentation Engineering (IN)||34.6||31.1||23.0|
|Mining Engineering (MN)||32.7||29.4||21.8|
|Metallurgical Engineering (MT)||49.2||44.2||32.8|
|Production and Industrial Engineering (PI)||36.6||32.9||24.4|
|Biomedical Engineering (BM)||25.0||22.5||16.6|
GATE 2019 Category-wise Cutoff
|Question Paper||Qualifying Marks|
|Aerospace Engineering (AE)||33.5||30.2||22.3|
|Agricultural Engineering (AG)||28.3||25.5||18.9|
|Architecture and Planning (AR)||41||36.9||27.3|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||28.2||25.4||18.8|
|Chemical Engineering (CH)||34.8||31.3||23.2|
|Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)||29.5||26.6||19.7|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC)||26.7||24||17.8|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||39.6||35.6||26.4|
|Ecology and Evolution (EY)||37.1||33.4||24.7|
|Geology and Geophysics (GG)||44.5||40.1||29.7|
|Instrumentation Engineering (IN)||31.9||28.7||21.3|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||34.1||30.7||22.7|
|Mining Engineering (MN)||31.5||28.4||21|
|Metallurgical Engineering (MT)||53.5||48.1||35.7|
|Petroleum Engineering (PE)||49.9||44.9||33.3|
|Production and Industrial Engineering (PI)||32.2||29||21.5|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF)||40.1||36.1||26.7|
|Engineering Sciences (XE- A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H)||26.7||24||17.8|
|Life Sciences (XL- P, Q, R, S, T, U)||36.7||33||24.5|
GATE Counselling 2021
All those who wish to seek admission into M.Tech or Doctoral programs have to participate in the GATE counselling procedure. CCMT (Centralized Counselling for M.Tech/ M.Arch./ M.Plan./ M.Des.) & COAP is a platform for the candidates to register for counselling. Only qualifying candidates can sit for the counselling rounds. The exam conducting authorities will release the counselling schedule on the official website. Therefore, the candidates must keep checking the GATE website for regular updates. GATE counselling for IIT will also be published on the official website.
GATE COAP & CCMT Counselling take place separately. However, the process for both is the same.
- GATE Counselling Registration (Online)
- Choice Filling and Locking, Online Allotment of Seats, Seat Acceptance
- Fee Deposit, Physical Reporting at the Reporting Centre and getting admission into the given Institute
If you have any queries or doubts regarding GATE 2021, feel free to ask us in the comment section below. We will help you shortly.