GATE Exam Date 2021: The exam date of GATE has been announced by the IIT Bombay. It will take place in February 2021. GATE is a national-level entrance examination. The full form of the GATE Entrance Exam is the ‘Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.’ Candidates who are going to appear for GATE Entrance Exam must be well-aware of the dates. GATE Papers take place for 4 days. In order to score good marks in the entrance exam, the candidates must prepare from GATE Entrance Exam Syllabus. It is quite important to go through the entire syllabus to fetch good marks. For more information regarding GATE 2021, keep on reading the article.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
GATE Exam Date 2021
The concerned IIT will announce the exam date of GATE on the official website. Therefore, candidates must keep checking the website for regular updates. However, we have given the tentative exam dates on the table.
|GATE Admit Card 2021||8th January 2021|
|GATE Entrance Exam|
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon (Tentative)
|6th February 2021|
7th February 2021
13th February 2021
14th February 2021
|Announcement of GATE Result||22nd March 2021|
Check the paper wise, date, and time-wise examination schedule: Click Here
GATE Paper with Codes
Check the GATE Entrance Exam paper with its respective code.
Read GATE Cutoff
GATE Exam Pattern 2021
It is important to be aware of the exam details and GATE syllabus beforehand. The following table will acquaint you with the exam pattern of GATE.
|Mode of GATE Exam||Online|
|Total Number of Questions||65|
|Question Type||MCQs (Multiple- Choice Questions) and NAT|
|Time Duration||3 Hours|
|Sections in Question Paper|
3 Sections (General Aptitude, Engineering Mathematics*, and Subject Specification Section)
*In place of Engineering Mathematics, Chemistry will be compulsory for Life Science (XL) Paper
GATE Paper-Wise Exam Pattern
(AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF, and XE)
- The questions that are based on the exam subject carry a total of 70% weight in the question paper
- Engineering Maths questions are mandatory. They carry a total of 15% weight in the paper
- Now, the remaining part of the question paper consists of questions from General Aptitude and carry a total of 15% weight
(AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL)
- 85% of weightage will be given the exam subject
- Remaining 15% of the paper will have questions from the General Aptitude section
- This paper will not contain questions from Engineering Maths
- NAT consists of questions with a real number or a value as the answer
- Candidates have to enter the answer using the mouse
- There are no choices for NAT Questions
- Also, there is no negative marking for NAT questions
(GG, XL, XE)
- Multiple-choice questions will be asked in the examination
- For numerical questions, there will be no option. Candidates have to write the answer with the help of keyboard
- NAT questions will have a real number as an answer
GG (Geology and Geophysics)
- There will be 2 parts: Part A and Part B. Part A is for all the students. Part B consists of 2 sections (Section 1: Geology and Section 2: Geo-Physics)
- Students have to attempt all the questions from Part A. However, they need to pick one section from Part B only
- Candidates have to necessarily attempt Engineering Mathematics & General Aptitude section
- Section H-Chemistry & General Aptitude is compulsory
Read GATE Syllabus 2021
GATE Marking Scheme 2021
25 subjects cover 65 questions in total. Check the marking scheme in detail below.
- The GATE question paper will consist of 10 questions (15 marks) from the General Aptitude section.
- 70% of the total questions are from the subject of that paper.
- The Engineering Maths part will contain 5 questions of 2 marks per question and 5 questions of 1 mark per question
- For AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL Paper, 85% of questions will be from the subject of the paper. However, the remaining 15% will consist of questions from General Aptitude.
If you have any queries or doubts, then ask us in the comment section below. We will assist you.