GATE Exam Date 2021: The exam date of GATE will be announced by the exam conducting authorities. It is most likely to take place in February 2021. GATE is a national-level entrance examination. The full form of the GATE Entrance Exam is the ‘Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.’ Candidates who are going to appear for GATE Entrance Exam must be well-aware of the dates. GATE Papers take place for 3-4 days. In order to score good marks in the entrance exam, the candidates must prepare from GATE Entrance Exam Syllabus. It is quite important to go through the entire syllabus to fetch good marks. For more information regarding GATE 2021, keep on reading the article.

Subscribe For Latest Updates

Subscribed Successfully.
Already Subscribed.

GATE Exam Date 2021

The concerned IIT will announce the exam date of GATE on the official website. Therefore, candidates must keep checking the website for regular updates. However, we have given the tentative exam dates on the table.

EventsDates (Tentative)
GATE Admit Card 20211st week of January 2021
GATE Entrance Exam1st to 2nd week of February 2021
Announcement of GATE Result3rd week of March 2021

Read GATE Application Form 2021

GATE Paper with Codes

Check the GATE Entrance Exam paper with its respective code.

Gate PaperCode
Aerospace EngineeringAE
Agricultural EngineeringAG
Architecture and PlanningAR
Bio-Medical EngineeringBM
Civil EngineeringCE
Computer Science and Information TechnologyCS
ChemistryCY
Electronics and Communication EngineeringEC
Electrical EngineeringEE
Ecology and EvolutionEY
Geology and GeophysicsGG
Instrumentation EngineeringIN
MathematicsMA
Mechanical EngineeringME
Mining EngineeringMN
Metallurgical EngineeringMT
Petroleum EngineeringPE
PhysicsPH
Production and Industrial EngineeringPI
StatisticsST
Textile Engineering and Fibre ScienceTF
Engineering SciencesXE
Life SciencesXL

Read GATE Cutoff

GATE Exam Pattern 2021

It is important to be aware of the exam details and GATE syllabus beforehand. The following table will acquaint you with the exam pattern of GATE.

Mode of GATE ExamOnline
Total Number of Questions65
Question TypeMCQs (Multiple- Choice Questions) and NAT
Total Marks100
Time Duration3 Hours
Sections in Question Paper

3 Sections (General Aptitude, Engineering Mathematics*, and Subject Specification Section)

*In place of Engineering Mathematics, Chemistry will be compulsory for Life Science (XL) Paper

GATE Paper-Wise Exam Pattern

(AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF, and XE)

  • The questions that are based on the exam subject carry a total of 70% weight in the question paper
  • Engineering Maths questions are mandatory. They carry a total of 15% weight in the paper
  • Now, the remaining part of the question paper consists of questions from General Aptitude and carry a total of 15% weight

(AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL)

  • 85% of weightage will be given the exam subject
  • Remaining 15% of the paper will have questions from the General Aptitude section
  • This paper will not contain questions from Engineering Maths
  • NAT consists of questions with a real number or a value as the answer
  • Candidates have to enter the answer using the mouse
  • There are no choices for NAT Questions
  • Also, there is no negative marking for NAT questions

(GG, XL, XE)

  • Multiple-choice questions will be asked in the examination
  • For numerical questions, there will be no option. Candidates have to write the answer with the help of keyboard
  • NAT questions will have a real number as an answer

GG (Geology and Geophysics)

  • There will be 2 parts: Part A and Part B. Part A is for all the students. Part B consists of 2 sections (Section 1: Geology and Section 2: Geo-Physics)
  • Students have to attempt all the questions from Part A. However, they need to pick one section from Part B only

XE 

  • Candidates have to necessarily attempt Engineering Mathematics & General Aptitude section

XL 

  • Section H-Chemistry & General Aptitude is compulsory

Read GATE Syllabus 2021

GATE Marking Scheme 2021

25 subjects cover 65 questions in total. Check the marking scheme in detail below.

  1. The GATE question paper will consist of 10 questions (15 marks) from the General Aptitude section.
  2. 70% of the total questions are from the subject of that paper.
  3. The Engineering Maths part will contain 5 questions of 2 marks per question and 5 questions of 1 mark per question
  4. For AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL Paper, 85% of questions will be from the subject of the paper. However, the remaining 15% will consist of questions from General Aptitude.

If you have any queries or doubts, then ask us in the comment section below. We will assist you.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here