The GATE 2019 Examination will be held in the month of February of 2019. The candidates can start preparing for the upcoming Important Post Graduate examination of the Year. Gate is a National based examination and it is conducted by the most reputed institutes in India. The IISc Bangalore and the 7 IITs based in the different parts of India like Madras, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Delhi, Roorkee, Bombay. This Examination is held in 199 cities in India and in 6 cities Abroad. GATE has crossed its boundaries and now the Gate score is also accepted Internationally. The International students can too appear in this Examination. The countries which can participate in the GATE Entrance Examination are as Ethiopia, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Singapore and The United Arab Emirates.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The Candidates can start filling up the form from the month of September 2018 before the application process closes. The application process will end by the month of October 2019. The GATE Authorities gives a period of one month to fill up the form. The Hall Tickets will be available in the Month of January. The candidates whose application forms are accepted by the Examination Authorities shall get their Hall Tickets. The Hall tickets are only available on the online portal. The candidates will not be able to sit for the Examination if they fail to show their Admit Card.
Also, check GATE 2019 Answer Key
Foreign Universities Accepting GATE Score
GATE has candidates from 199 cities of India and from 6 International cities. The International students will be needed a valid Passport and Government issued Identity proof to apply for GATE. Being the most popular and important Examination of India, GATE has spread its roots Internationally Allstate is the gateway to all the Post graduate courses like Masters in Engineering and Masters in Technology. Countries like Singapore, Germany have started accepting GATE scores for admission to Post Graduate courses in the Engineering Programmes.
Two of-known Universities of Singapore accepts GATE score. These two universities are very High Ranked and known to be on the list of top 20 Universities according to the QS World Ranking. The name of the Universities is Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and National University of Singapore (NUS). The Nanyang Technological University accepts the GATE scores in PhD and M.Eng Programmes.
|Manav Rachna University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Chandigarh University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|UPES University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Lovely Professional University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Bennet University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
The National Technological University (NTU) accepts the GATE score in the following Engineering Schools:
- School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering.
- School of Civil and Environmental engineering.
- School of Computer Engineering.
- School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- School of Material Science and Engineering
- School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
The Schools of NTU have no cutoff set for the students. However, preferences are given to the candidates with at least 90 percentile as their score in GATE. Like Singapore, GATE score is also accepted by two prominent Universities of Germany, Technical University of Germany (TUG) and RWTH ACHEN for the Post Graduate programmes in their Universities.
The programmes available under the faculties of Technical University of Germany are:
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Civil Engineering and Surveying
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology.
The programmes under the mentioned faculties for the RWTH ACHEN are as:
- Applied Geophysics
- Automotive Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering
- Media Informatics
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Software Systems Engineering
Foreign Universities Cut off
|Serial No.||University||Country||Ranking||Gate Score Required|
|1||National University of Singapore||Singapore||12||90 percentile|
|2||Nanyang Technical university||Singapore||13||90 percentile|
|3||Technical University of Germany||Germany||60||90 percentile|
GATE Counselling 2019
Candidates who get selected in the Entrance Examination have to go for a counselling specific to the institutes based on their preferences of Institutes and Branches. The qualified candidates for the post graduation programmes shall be called for called for a Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The candidates have to keep their results into account and then they should apply for counselling. There is no common counselling for Gate 2019. Candidates have to apply for admission in M.Tech through separate counselling conducted for GATE by IITs,NITs, GFTIs, IISc Bangalore. The Examination authorities allot seats directly based on the GATE scores or sometimes conduct a further written test/ Interview before allotting seats.
Important Features of GATE Counseling
- To get Admissions in the IITs and IISCs, candidates should show valid scores in GATE Examination.
- The counselling of the qualified candidates who have applied in all the IITs and IISc will do a document verification before and payment of the fees.
- The candidates who score equivalent to the cut off or more than that have to appear for an interview or written test conducted by both the department.
- Some IIT prefer Direct Admissions of the students who have pursued B-Tech from IIT with a minimum score of CGPA 8.0 or above.
GATE COAP 2019
Candidates who opt to apply for the M.Tech course after qualifying the GATE at various IITS have to register themselves with GATE COAP (Common Offer Acceptance Portal). This feature was started by the IITs from the year 2017. This initiative was taken to facilitate the students who have applied the M.Tech in the IITs. While the candidates will apply in the respective IITs according to their preferences, the offers for the Admissions in IIT will be only available through COAP. After the receipt of offers from the participating IITs the candidate have to confirm the Admission offer through GATE COAP. GATE COAP is an Admission Portal. The candidates should keep in mind that it is not an Application Portal. The participating Institutes of GATE COAP 2019 are the 7 IITs of India
Eligibility Criteria of GATE COAP 2019
- Candidates must be a Citizen of India ire he/she must be an Indian National
- Candidates must have qualified GATE in 2017,2018, 2019. The GATE scorecard has the validity of 3 years only. Candidates have to upload their score card of the year in 2017, 2018,2019
- Candidates should meet all the specified eligibility criteria set by the IITs for the M.Tech Examination.
- Candidates who have pursued their B.Tech from any of the 7 IITs of India with CGPA of 8.0 or above are eligible to get direct Admissions in the IITs. They do not have to register in at GATE COAP
- Candidates who have more than one Valid Score are advised to apply using the highest GATE score. However, during Registration, the candidates must provide all three years scores. Failing to do so might disqualify the students.
- Candidates who have appeared in different papers in different years should provide all the scores in details with the paper to GATE COAP 2019. If a candidate has multiple GATE score in one paper, they can register in one of the GATE paper score (2016,2017,2018) with the highest GATE score.
To get access to the GATE COAP 2019, candidates have to apply for M.Tech Admissions in IITs with their choice. There after the candidates have to register with GATE COAP. With this, the candidates will be able to access to all the information related to M.Tech and Courses offered by IIT.
GATE COAP 2019 Procedure
All students who want to apply for the M.Tech course after qualifying the GATE score and seeks admission in the IITs have to register themselves in the GATE COAP 2019.
- To register with GATE COAP, candidates have to register themselves entering their Name,Gate Registration Number, Gate Score, date of Birth, E-Mail ID, Mobile Number.
- Candidates will be sent an E-Mail/SMS l after successful registration with COAP to validate the given Login Id to access the GATE COAP 2019.The following SMS will contain the Password. If the candidate has any extra additional GATE scores then they have to enter the and submit all the required details.
- After the successful registration, the candidates will be able to access to all the offers and information from the IITs where the candidates have applied.
- All offers will be uploaded and tagged with the COAP registration Number which is same as the GATE Registration Number.
Options After an Admission Offer is made through GATE COAP 2019
The candidates get three options before the final or last round of offers. They are as follows:
Accept and Freeze: When the candidate is contended with the offer and they will to accept the offer made to him and do not want them to upgrade to higher preferences, they should go for this option and visit the admission portal of IITR to confirm.
Retain and Wait: In this option, the candidate wills to accept the present offers but also would like to consider to upgrade to a higher preference if any in the subsequent round of offers. Candidates choosing this option will not be considered for any rejected offers in the current round. They will be considered for higher preferences, if any, in the subsequent rounds of GATE COAP 2019.
Reject and Wait: Candidates who are not willing to take any of the offers given by the GATE COAP must go for this option.