.GATE 2019 – Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is a National Level Entrance Examination for students seeking their career in Engineering. It is conducted for the candidates who have an interest in the field of Engineering Technology and want to apply for M.Tech/ PhD/M.E in IITs, IISCs, IISERs in various reputed organizations. GATE 2019 Entrance test is basically computer-based. GATE 2019 is being organized by IIT Madras. GATE 2019 will be conducted in around 199 cities in India and 6 cities abroad. A candidate can appear only once in the Entrance Examination of GATE. The GATE 2019 scorecard can be used for PSU recruitment and Government Scholarships or Assistantships.
The Score Card of GATE 2019 is released by the authorities. The candidates who have successfully qualified the exam will be able to download their Score Card.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Click Here for GATE Score Card 2019.
The Result of GATE 2019 exam is announced on 15th March 2019. It was scheduled to be declared on 16th March 2019. Candidates will have to log in themselves in order to check the result. The Score Card of GATE 2019 will be available from 20th March 2019 to 31st May 2019.
Click Here for GATE Result 2019.
The authorities have released the official Answer Key of GATE 2019 on the official website. Click Here for the direct link of GATE Answer Key 2019.
Candidates who appeared for GATE 2019 can now view their responses by providing the correct details.
Click Here to view the Responses.
The Unofficial Answer Key of GATE 2019 is released by various coaching Institutes. Candidates who appeared for the exam will be able to check their estimated score.
Click Here for GATE Answer Key 2019.
As per the released notification, the exam centre under the code ‘4035’ is now changed. The candidates who are provided with the given code needs to check if they have the new centre on their downloaded Admit Card. Click Here for the changed and the new exam centre.
GATE 2019 Important Dates
All the dates related to the GATE 2019 Examination are mentioned in the table below. The candidates should carefully note down the dates of the Examination.
|Serial No.||Name of the Events||Date|
|1||Opening Date for Online Application Form||1st September 2018|
|2||Closing Date of the Online Application Form||21st September 2018|
|3||Last date to submit the application form with late fee||22nd to 1st October 2018|
|4||Application Form Correction||27th September to 1st October 2018|
|4||Last date for request of change in the examination center||16th November 2018|
|5||Releasing of the Admit Card||4th January 2019|
|6||Examination Date||2nd, 3rd 9th, 10th February 2019|
|7||Releasing Date for the Answer Keys||Few days after the Examination|
|8||Result Date||15th March 2019|
|9||Release of Score Card||20th March 2019 to 31st May 2019|
|10||Counselling Date||Second Week of April 2019|
GATE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for any Entrance test, it is mandatory that the candidates fulfill the eligibility criteria. Only when the candidate fulfills the criteria they can proceed further for the application process.
|Qualification||Status of Degree||Passing Year|
|Four Year Bachelor Degree Holder in Engineering or Technology after 10+2 or B.Sc Diploma in Engineering /Technology in B.E./B. Tech/B.Pharm.||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|The Candidate should hold the Degree of 5 years of Bachelor Degree in Architecture.||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|4 years Bachelor’s Degree in Science after Post Diploma i.e., B.Sc Research or B.S||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|Master Degree in any Fields of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications and equivalent or M.A/M.Sc/MCA||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|4-years Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology.||Presently in the 2nd /3rd/4th year or completed||2010|
|5-years Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology||Currently in the 4th or 5th year or completed||2019|
|Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B. S./M. S. program||Pursuing Final Year or completed||2018|
|B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India)||Completed section A or equivalent||NA|
GATE 2019 Application Form
GATE 2019 Application form with the late fee can be filled till 1st October 2018. The application form correction window will be available from 27th September to 1st October. If you are filling the application form from 22nd September to 1st October 2019 you will have to pay a late fee of ₹1250 (SC/ST/PwD/Female Candidates) and ₹ 2000 (All other Candidates). Candidates have to apply in the online portal of the GATE Official Website. There is no Offline process for it. The candidates will be given a period of one month for registering themselves for the Examination.
Following is the information related to the GATE 2019 Application Form.
- The candidates who want to apply for GATE 2019 have to apply through (GOAPS) GATE Online Application Processing System.
- The aspirants will have to register themselves as “New User.” After they register themselves as New User, they can get access to GOAPS.
- The candidates are provided with verified confirmation via E-Mail and Mobile Number.
- The candidates then have to login in with their GOAPS Enrolment ID and GOAPS Password.
- Following which they need to fill up the required fields with their credentials very carefully.
- The Students need to upload their scanned Passport Size Photograph, Signature and submit Degree Certificate and their Category Certificate.
- The candidates are suggested to pay their application fee within the given frame of time.
Granted Modifications/Corrections in the Application Forms
If in case, the candidates commit any mistakes while filling up the forms, they are suggested to send an E-mail subjected to “Correction of Data” along with a Document Proof. The following are the fields where the candidates are allowed to modify:
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Name of the Parent/Guardian
- Status of the Category( General to OBC, OBC to General)
- The mentioned qualifying Degree by the Candidate
- Year of Qualifying Degree
GATE Admit Card/Hall Ticket 2019
The GATE Admit Card can be downloaded from the official Website of GOAPS and is released on 4th January 2019. The Admit Card is the gateway for the candidate to appear in the Examination. The Examination Authorities can terminate a candidate if he/she fails to show the hall ticket on the day of the examination. The Hall Ticket will have the following details on it:
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number
- Signature of the Candidate
- Date and Time of the Examination
- Examination Centre/Venue
The candidates are advised to check their Hall Ticket thoroughly before they download it. In case there are any mistakes they should inform the Examination Authority of GATE 2019 for rectification of the discrepancy.
Note: The candidate should take the hard copy of the Hall Ticket when they go for the Examination along with their Identity Proof. The Identity proof can be any of these:-
- Driving Licence
- College Identity Proof
- Pan Card
- Aadhar Card
For International students, the Documents are as follows
- Valid Passport
- Government Issued Identity Proof
- College ID
- Employee ID
GATE 2019 Examination Pattern
The entrance examination of GATE is computer-based and the candidates should have computer skills to sit for the examination. Knowing the GATE examination pattern helps a candidate make strategies to crack the entrance examination.
- This Entrance Test is conducted in the online mode only
- The questions will be of multiple choice with Numerical questions.
- The online test will be conducted in 23 disciplines.
- The paper will consist of 65 questions with a total of 100 marks, divided into three sections which are General Aptitude, Engineering Mathematics From Respective Subjects.
- For Every Multiple Choice Questions, there will be four options out of which the candidates have to choose the correct one.
- For answering the Numerical Questions, there will be no option or choices given to the candidates. The candidates have to enter their answer by the virtual Keyboard.
- 25 questions for a total of 25 marks (1 mark for each question)
- 30 question for a total of 60 marks (2 marks for each question)
- There will be Negative Marking for the Multiple Choice questions and not for the Numerical Questions. 1/3 marks for those questions carrying 1 mark. However, the questions carrying 2 marks, 2/3 marks will be deducted.
Syllabus for GATE 2019
The GATE Examination is held for 23 papers. The syllabus for each discipline is different. The students can download the PDF for GATE syllabus 2019 for AE,AG,AR,BT,CE,CH,CS,CY,EC,EY,EE,XE,GG,IN,MA,ME,MN,MTPE,PH,PI,TF AND XL.
GATE 2019 Answer Key
Gate 2019 Answer key shall be released soon after the examination. Through the Answer Keys the candidates can check their answers to the questions This helps the candidate to know the correct and the wrong answers they have answered and can evaluate their performance in the examination.This helps the candidates to get an overview of their performance and they gets a rough idea on how much they are going to score in the examination The Score Card is released online.
GATE Result 2019
GATE 2019 Result is declared on 15th March and the candidates can check their Results by using GATE 2019 login details (Registration Number or E-mail Id). The GATE scorecard can be downloaded from the GATE official website. The Scorecard will be valid for up to three Years. The scorecard of GATE 2091 will be available for download for all the candidates from 20th March 2019 to 31st May 2019.
GATE 2019 Counselling
GATE Counselling is done by the IITS, NITs and other Institutes to the qualifying students of GATE. Candidates having qualified for GATE have to appear for Group Discussion and Personal Interview for the Admissions.
- For Admission in IITs and NITs and other Government funded colleges, Centralised Counselling for M-Tech is conducted.
- IITs and IIScs also conduct separate counselling.