English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU) is established by an act of Parliament in Hyderabad. With time, to cater for the linguistic needs of North and North east India, two new campuses are established in Lucknow and Shillong respectively. EFLU invites applicants for admission into various courses offered by it at its three centres.
EFLU releases the admission lists which will consist the names of the candidates who will be selected for admission into various courses. The selection of candidates for admission will be based strictly on their performance in the entrance examination. All the candidates called for interview have to be present at the university campus, in which they will be selected, on the day of admission. Failure to be present will lead to forfeiture of the admission call and the seat will be allotted to the next eligible candidates.
Admission Procedure of EFLU 2019
The admission procedure of EFLU will include the following events:
- Reporting for Admission: All the shortlisted candidates who found their names in the admission lists will have to be present in person at the university campus on the specified day(s). They will have to get their documents verified and then pay the admission fees to confirm their admission.
If any candidate, who is called for admission, will not be present at the venue on the designated date and time, his/her seat will be cancelled and the seat will have to go on to the next eligible candidate in order of merit.
- Verification of Original documents: The candidates will be required to produce all their original documents during admission and only then they will be given a confirmation for provisional admission. The certificates have to be produced before the last date as specified by the authority. Failure of submission of original certificates before the last date will lead to automatic cancellation of admission.
- An issue of Admission Letter: The candidates who successfully will have their documents verified and will pay the admission fee will get the admission letter issued in their name. The admission letter has to be collected in person from the office of the controller of examinations. It will not be mailed or individually posted to the candidates.
- Refund of Fee: The registration fee, library fee, medical facility fee will all be refunded if for any reason the admission of a candidate is cancelled by the university after the commencement of the session. However, for availing the refund, the candidates must be had no “No Dues” pending.
In case there are pending ‘No dues’, only the registration fee will be refunded in case of cancellation of admission after the beginning of the program, whatever the reason may be.
- Cancellation of Admission on offence: If the candidate’s name has featured in any enquiry or disciplinary measures or any violation of rules at the university or elsewhere, the candidate’s admission will be cancelled.
- Tie Breaking Criteria: In the case where two or more candidates scored the same marks in the entrance test, the higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who has received higher marks in the qualifying examination.
If for some reason, the marks of the qualifying examination are not available, the marks scored in the examination prior to the qualifying examination will be taken into account for breaking the tie.
- No repetition of names in Admission lists: Name of the candidates will appear only once in the merit/Admission lists. If for whatsoever reason the candidates fails to take admission, his/her name will not to be accounted for in the subsequent lists.
- Reserved seats: If Candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST/PWD/WDP will be given admission through unreserved quota, then they will to take admission under the Unreserved seats. Such candidates will not be allowed to claim seats reserved for the different categories they belong to.
- No transfer of Campuses: Candidates are not be allowed the transfer of seats from one campus to another campus of the University under any circumstances.
Original Documents to be produced during Admission
The following documents has to be produced by the candidates in original for verification during the time of admission (along with two sets of photocopies):
- EFLU University entrance test 2019 admit pass or confirmation email sent by the university
- Date of Birth Certificate (SSC / CBSE/ICCSE/Class 10 certificate)
- Intermediate Certificate, OR +2 Certificate
- Graduation Certificate and Marks Memos (wherever and as applicable)
- Post-graduation Certificate and Marks Memos (wherever and as applicable)
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate if the candidate is coming from another university
- Community Certificate (in the case of SC/ST/OBC candidates) as per the GOI rules announced from time to time
- Latest (as on March 2017) Income Certificate from the Competent Authority, if they wish to apply for any Scholarship/fee concession. (in the case of SC/ST/OBC candidates)
- Medical Certificate (in the case of VHC/HHI/PHC candidates)
- Two recent passport size colour photos
- Originals of Pension Order, Discharge Certificate and Identity Card in case of WDP candidates
- Letter of Undertaking
- Affidavit by the Student about Anti Ragging (to be downloaded from the University website)
- Affidavit by the Parent/Guardian about Anti Ragging (to be downloaded from the University website).
- Bond for Provisional Admissions for candidates who have appeared in the qualifying examination and are awaiting their results (to be downloaded from the University website)
- Candidates are requested to proof of permanent address along with a valid ID proof from any one of the following
- Filled in Annexure V to be submitted in the Proctor’s office.