Central Seat Allocation Board will conduct CSAB 2022, which constitutes of NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, and other reputed and deemed universities. The admission in these institutes is based on the rank secured by applicants in JEE Main 2022. CSAB UT and SFTI are conducted for Union Territories candidates and Self Financing Technical Institutes respectively. Applicants belonging to North-Eastern states and Union Territories can apply for admission through CSAB NEUT 2022.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Seats are allotted on the basis of merit obtained by the candidate and preference of selected seats. There are near about 19 participating institutes of CSAB 2022. Aspirants who will not qualify JEE Main 2022 examination will not be allowed to take part in CSAB 2022 registration. The concerned authority will organize a special round of counselling for NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs and also for the following channels:
- CSAB Special round for NITs, IIITs and CFTIS
- For North-Eastern States and Union Territories – CSAB NEUT
- CSAB SFTI (Self Financed Technical Institutes)
- CSAB UT (Supernumerary Seats for Union Territories)
Quick Facts About CSAB 2022
Here are a few quick facts that you need to know about CSAB.
|Uttaranchal University Admission Open||Apply Now!!|
|Name of Admission Process||Central Seat Allocation Board|
|Shortly Known As||CSAB|
|Conducting Authority||Central Seat Allocation Board|
|Number of Participating Institutes||19|
|Type of Admission||Under Graduation|
|Level of Admission||National Level|
|Channel of Admission||JEE Main 2022|
CSAB NEUT 2022
The registration for CSAB NEUT 2022 will commence in online mode. For registration, applicants need to fill in the required details. Allotment of seats will be conducted for candidates belonging to the 8 Northeastern states and 4 Union Territories (Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Assam, Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, Nagaland, Sikkim, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep). The seats are reserved for these applicants in Government and Private Engineering & Technological institutes. Admissions will depend on the rank obtained by the candidate in JEE Main 2022.
CSAB NEUT Eligibility Criteria 2022
The eligibility criteria for CSAB NEUT 2022 is given below.
- Candidates belonging to one of the 8 Northeastern states and 4 Union Territories are eligible for CSAB NUET 2022.
- D.O.B as prescribed in Information Bulletin and Application Form of JEE (Main) 2022 for JoSAA.
- Applicants must have secured a valid rank in JEE Main 2022.
- Candidates must also meet the eligibility criteria of JEE Main 2022.
- For participating in spot round, general category aspirants must have an aggregate of 45% whereas SC/ST category candidates must have an aggregate of 40% in class 12th or equivalent examination.
- The marks scored in the following five subjects will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks and the qualifying marks for fulfilling criterion:(i) Physics, (ii) Chemistry, (iii) Mathematics, (iv) a language (if the candidate has taken more than one language, then the language with the higher marks will be considered), and (v) any subject other than the above four (the subject with the higher marks will be considered).
CSAB NEUT Seat Allotment 2022
Applicants need to follow a stepwise procedure for the seat allotment process of CSAB NUET 2022. Check the procedure.
Step 1: Registration
As the first step, candidates need to register using their JEE Main 2022 roll number and password.
Step 2: Choice Filling
Applicants have to fill the choice of courses and colleges as per their interests and preference. The authority facilitates the candidate to rearrange, change, or modify the filled choices before the last date of locking. Candidates are advised to fill in a maximum number of choices in order to get a preferred seat.
Step 3: Locking of Filled choices and Taking a printout
Once the candidate finishes with the choice filling, he/she must lock them before the given deadline. In case aspirants do not lock the filled choices then the authority will automatically lock the previously saved choices after the given deadline. Applicants must take a printout of the locked choices.
Step 4: Allotment of Seats
The authority will allot seats to applicants on the basis of rank, choices filled, and availability of seats. Applicants who will be allotted seats need to download the seat allotment letter and also they must take a printout of it.
Step 5: Document Verification
The selected applicants will have to report at the Reporting centres allocated to them by the Central Seat Allocation Board. Candidates have to carry original documents along with them for verification purposes. Also, payment of counselling fee needs to be done by these selected aspirants. Upon successful verification, applicants will be provided with the provisional admission letter.
Step 6: Reporting at the Institute
At last, aspirants need to report at the respective institute to complete the admission process and formalities.
CSAB Special Rounds for NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs 2022
The special rounds of NITs, IITs, and CFTIs 2022 will commence after the completion of the seat allotment process of JoSAA 2022. The registration and choice filling will start in online mode. The allotment will be available for applicants who have secured a valid rank in JEE Main 2022.
Schedule of CSAB special rounds for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs 2022
The given table below shows the schedule related to CSAB special rounds for NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs:
|Display of Vacancies after JoSAA rounds||June/ July 2022|
|Registration, Payment of Participation Fee and Choice Filling STARTS||—|
|Registration, Payment of Participation Fee and Choice Filling ENDS||—|
|Display of Seat Allotment Result – Special Round-I||—|
|Exercising options following the outcome of Special Round-I (ONLINE)||—|
|Last day to respond to query (Special Round-I)||—|
|Display of Seat Allotment Result – Special Round-II||—|
|Reporting at Allotted Institute (In-Person)||—|
Eligibility Criteria of CSAB special rounds for NITs, IIITs and CFTIs 2022
The below-listed eligibility criteria must be followed by aspirants in order to participate in Csab special rounds:
- Candidates must have qualified JEE Main 2022 with valid scores.
- An applicant must have a registration of JoSAA 2022 else he/she will not be allowed to take part.
- General category aspirants must have scored 45% marks while Reserved category aspirants must have 40% in 12th standard or equivalent examination.
CSAB Seat Allotment of Special Rounds For NITs, IIITs And CFTIs 2022
Step 1 – Payment of fees and Registration
The eligible applicants need to pay the counselling fee in order to register for CSAB 2022 special round for NITs, IIITs and CFTIs. Now candidates can register by entering JEE Main 2022 application number and password.
Step 2 – Choice Filling
Applicants need to fill choices of Courses and colleges as per their preference. These choices must be in the order of priority and candidates are advised to fill a maximum number of choices.
Step 3 – Locking of Filled Choices
After filling of choices, the candidate needs to lock them otherwise the admission authority will automatically lock the last saved choices.
Step 4 – Declaration of Seat Allotment Result for Round 1
Central Seat Allocation Board will declare the result of seat allotment for round 1 via online mode. The authority will offer admission based on the merit of an aspirant and the selection of preferred choices.
Step 5 – Reporting at the Allotted Institute
The selected candidates will have to report at the respective institute allotted to them for confirmation of admission.
CSAB SFTI 2022
Central Seat Allocation Board will conduct CSAB SFTI 2022 to provide admissions under B.Tech courses offered by Self Financing Technical Institutes (SFTI). Applicants will be admitted to the institute based on the rank obtained in JEE Main 2022.
Schedule of CSAB SFTI 2022
The table given below displays some of the tentative dates related to CSAB SFTI 2022.
|Announcement of result for Seat Allotment|
|Reporting to the Allotted Institute|
CSAB SFTI Eligibility Criteria 2022
Candidates must go through the eligibility criteria of CSAB SFTI 2022 in order to know whether they are eligible for it or not. The criteria are mentioned below in brief:
- Applicants with valid JEE Main 2022 scores are eligible for CSAB SFTI 2022.
- Candidates belonging to the general category must have secured 45% while candidates belonging to SC/ST category must have secured 40% in class 12th or equivalent examination.
- The minimum passing marks are as prescribed by the respective boards of the class 12th exam in each of the five subjects (Physics, Maths, Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational Subject, any one language and any one of the fifth subject) which are used for calculating aggregate marks.
CSAB SFTI Counselling & Seat Allotment 2022
The Counselling & seat allotment process of CSAB SFTI 2022 comprises various steps which are explained below:
Step 1 – Fee Payment
Candidates need to pay counselling fee of Rs. 21,000 by logging into the CSAB 2022 portal using JEE Main 2022 application number and password. Applicants have to make the payment through SB Collect on the portal of State Bank of India.
Step 2 – Registration
After payment of fees, applicants can again log in using their JEE Main 2022 application number and password and make changes or edit the following:
- The aggregate percentage of marks
- PwD status
- Status of eligibility.
Step 3 – Choice Filling
Now, candidates have to fill the choice of colleges and courses according to their preference and convenience. Applicants have a facility to edit, rearrange or make changes to the filled choices before locking these choices.
Step 4 – Locking of Filled choices
Applicants must lock their respective choices once they are filled before the closing date. If choices are not locked by the candidate then the concerned authority will lock the last saved choices automatically after the last date given for locking the choices.
Step 5 – Allotment of Seats
Central Seat Allocation Board will allot seats to applicants depending upon various factors which include rank obtained by an applicant, seat available and choices filled by an individual. The result for seat allotment will be announced via online mode and applicants are advised to download the provisional seat allotment letter. They must also take a printout of this letter for the future admission process.
Step 6 – Reporting at the Allotted Institute
The selected applicants have to report at the allotted institutes where they need to pay the balance fee. Applicants have to carry their original documents for verification process which will be done by the admission authorities. In this step, candidates must complete all of the admission formalities.
CSAB UT 2022
A supernumerary round of counselling CSAB UT 2022 takes place for aspirants who possess the state eligibility of Union Territories (Daman & Diu, Lakshadweep & Kandvi, Andaman & Nicobar, Dadar and Nagar Haveli). This counselling round will begin from the 1st week of August 2022
Schedule of CSAB UT 2022
The admission authority is responsible for deciding and releasing the schedule of CSAB UT 2022. Some of the tentative dates are:
|Beginning of Registration and Choice Filling process|| |
|Declaration of Seat Allotment Result|
|Reporting at the Allotted Institute|
CSAB UT Eligibility Criteria 2022
The eligibility criteria set up for CSAB UT 2022 are available below. Have a look at the CSAB UT Eligibility conditions.
- Candidates must strictly follow the state code of eligibility. This eligibility must be as per the JoSAA 2022 rules or as prescribed by the class 12th examination mark-sheet or as notified by the Union Territory.
- Applicants will not be allotted a seat while a special round organized for filling vacant seats.
- The candidate must not have reported in the previously organized JoSAA rounds against the seat allotment.
- Applicants whose seats were cancelled due to modifications made in the category and are still not allotted the seats are eligible for CSAB UT 2022
- Candidates who are allotted the seat and report at the institute against it but withdraw before the sixth round of JoSAA 2022 counselling are also eligible.
- An aspirant who paid the initial fee (Rs. 45,000 for general category and Rs. 20,000 for reserved categories) and will be absent from reporting against the allotment is also eligible.
CSAB UT Allotment of Seat 2022
Applicants must follow the procedure of CSAB UT 2022 Seat Allotment which consists of several steps as prescribed below:
Step 1 – Registration
The eligible applicants need to register by logging in using JEE main 2022 roll number and password.
Step 2 – Filling and Locking of Choices
After registration candidates have to fill the choices of courses and colleges. After filling these choices, applicants have to lock them before the given timeline else the admission authority will lock previously saved choices automatically after the last date of locking.
Step 3 – Allotment of Seats
The seats will be allotted to applicants based on merit, preferred choices, and availability of seats. After the declaration of the seat allotment, applicants must download the seat allotment letter and take a printout of it for future use.
Step 4 – Reporting at the Allotted Institute
Aspirants have to report at the allotted institutes for payment of fees and verification of documents.
In case of any additional query or doubt, comment down below.