CG PET is commonly known as Chhattisgarh Pre-Engineering Test. This is a State level common entrance examination conducted by Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board (CPEB), Raipur. CPEB is also known as VYAPAM. Candidates who qualify this test get admission to Undergraduate Bachelor of Engineering (B.E/B.Tech) and Biotechnology course. The duration of the course is 4 years. This exam is conducted every year in the month of April. Although, aspirants have to register for the exam in the month of March. This article will provide the overview idea of CG PET for the academic session 2018-19.
Check Eligibility For CG PET Exam
CG PET 2018 Results have been announced! Click here to check your Result
CG PET 2018 Admit Card has been released Just now! Click Here to Get the Admit Card link of Pre Engineering Test of 2018.
CG PET 2018 Exam date has been changed. The CG PET 2018 will now be conducted on 3rd May 2018. The exam was previously being conducted on 29th April 2018
CG PET 2018 Answer Key Released
CG PET Answer Keys have been released – Check Below
The official examination conducting body has not yet released any notification related to PET 2018. However, the tentative dates related to all the activities of CG PET 2018 is provided in the table given below:
|S. No||Activities||Dates (tentative)|
|1.||Date of online release of application form||15th March 2018|
|2.||Last date to apply and pay the fee online||5th April 2018|
|3.||Last date to download bank Challan for offline payment||5th April 2018|
|4.||Last date to submit the application fee offline||5th April 2018|
|5.||Availability of Admit Card 2018||25th April 2018|
|6.||Commencement of Exam||3rd May 2018|
|7.||Result Declaration||18th May 2018|
|8.||Counselling Starts from||2nd week of June 2018|
CG PET 2018 Result
The result of CG PET 2018 has been announced on 18th May 2018. CPEB will release the answer key of CG PET in the online mode for all the candidates who have appeared in the entrance test. To check and download the result, candidates have to enter their CG PET 2018 roll number on the login window. The CG PET 2018 Result will contain subject wise mark as well as overall score obtained in the entrance exam, CG PET rank and qualifying status of the candidates. Students must take a printout of CG PET scorecard 2018 and retain it for future reference.
Participating Institute in CG PET 2018
The student who qualifies the CG PET 2018 will get admission to any one of the below mentioned Institute located in the state Chhattisgarh. Shortlisted candidates will be allowed to choose the college of their choice at the time of counselling.
|S. No||Name of the Institute||Location|
|1.||Ashoka Institute of Technology and Management||Rajnandgaon|
|1.||Bharti College of Engineering and Technology||Durg|
|3.||Central College of Engineering and Management||Raipur|
|4.||Bhilai Institute of Technology||Durg|
|5.||Rungta College of Engineering & Technology||Bhilai|
|6.||Chouksey Engineering College||Bilaspur|
|7.||Chhatrapati Shivaji Institute of Technology||Durg|
|8.||Chhattisgarh Institute of Technology||Rajnandgaon|
|9.||Disha Institute of Management & Technology||Raipur|
|10.||Bharti College of Engineering & Technology||Durg|
CG PET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for admission to Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) and B.E Bio-Technology programme via CG PET 2018.
The aspirants need to possess the below-mentioned eligibility conditions in order to apply for CG PET 2018. They have to attend the exam and need to obtain the minimum cut-off marks to get enrolled for B.E or B.E (Bio-Technology) programme. Candidates must go through the eligibility criteria once before going to apply for the CG PET 2018 Exam.
|S. No||Particulars||Eligibility Criteria|
|1.||Age Criteria||The maximum age limit is 30 years (for general) and 33 years (for SC/ST/OBC/Female/PWD of|
|2.||Nationality||The candidate must be Citizen of India|
(for B.E/ B.Tech)
|4.||Qualifying Examination (for B.E Biotechnology)|
subject is essential.
CG PET 2018 Application Form
The CG PET 2018 Application Form was made available online from 15th March 2018. Interested students could fill up the same until 5th April 2018. The application fee payment can be paid via both in online and offline mode. Before going to fill up the application form, applicants must go through the above-mentioned eligibility criteria.
Here is a step by step guide to register and fill up the application form for CG PET 2018 is provided below:
- Go to the official website of CG PET ie https://cgdteraipur.cgstate.gov.in/
- Click on “CG PET 2018 Apply Now” option.
- Register by entering the required details and click on “submit” option.
- Fill in the application form by entering the details like academic qualification and communication address etc.
- Upload the scanned images of the documents as per the specification mentioned below
|Left Thumb Impression||5-40 KB||(3.5×1.5)cm||JPG/JPEG|
- Payment of application fee
Application fee can be be paid either via online or offline mode.
Online mode of Payment: Applicants can pay the application fee by using the Debit card, Credit card or Net banking.
Offline mode of Payment: Candidates must generate and download the bank challan after uploading the documents. They must deposit the fee in the designated bank. The amount to be paid is equal for both the mode. Transaction charges shall be applicable in the online mode of payment.
- Submission and printout of application form.
CG PET 2018 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern of CG PET 2018 provides the information related to the examination. The Applicants must check the exam pattern in order to get the idea of exam duration, mode and medium of exam etc. The exam pattern of CG PET 2018 is provided in the table below:
|1.||Mode of Examination||Offline (pen-paper test)|
|2.||Medium of Examination||Bilingual (Hindi and English)|
|3.||Type of Question||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|5.||Duration of Exam||180 Minutes (3 hours)|
|6.||Marking Scheme||1 marks for correct answer|
No negative marking for incorrect answer
|7.||Total Number of Questions||150|
|9.||Section||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
CG PET 2018 Subject Wise Syllabus
The CG Pre-Engineering Test contains questions basically from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics studied in class XI and XII. Applicants are advised to develop the strong base on the topics of the above-mentioned subjects. The topics under each of the subjects will be mentioned here once the official information brochure of CG PET 2018 releases.
CG PET 2018 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket
The admit card of CG PET has been issued to candidates on 25th April 2018. Candidates whose applications are accepted can download CG PET 2018 admit card by entering their registration number. CG PET 2018 Admit Card will bear the examination schedule, exam venue, exam day guidelines and personal details of the candidates. If any discrepancy is found in the admit card of CG PET 2018, candidates must immediately contact the authority concerned for rectification. CG PET admit card must be kept safely until the admission procedure gets over.
CG PET 2018 Exam Center
CG Pre-Engineering Test 2018 will be conducted across many centers in the state Chhattisgarh. Applicants need to select any one of the below-mentioned exam centres while filling up the application form according to their suitability. The exam city selected will be mentioned on the admit card based on the preference. Candidates must select the exam centre carefully while filling up the application form because once the form is submitted, the exam centre selected cannot be modified later on.
|S. No||Exam Center||Code|
CG PET 2018 Cut-off
The cut-off is the minimum qualifying marks required to obtain to be eligible for counselling and admission. The applicants who attended the exam must obtain equal to or more than the cut-off mark. The official authority will release the cut-off after the publication of result.
Merit List of CG PET 2018
The merit list of CG PET 2018 will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by candidates in the entrance examination. A separate CG PET merit list will also be prepared for students belonging to SC/ST and other backward classes. Based on the merit rank candidates will be allotted seats.
CG PET Counselling 2018
The counselling of CG PET 2018 will be done online in three rounds on the basis of the merit list which will be prepared by the CPEB. Counselling of CG PET 2018 is likely to start from the first week of June onwards. Shortlisted Candidates have to register online, fill in their choices, report to schedule centers in person along with the following documents for verification.
- Class 10th mark sheet or Birth Certificate.
- Mark sheet of qualifying examination such as 10th/12th/Graduation/Diploma/ITI as applicable.
- Mark sheets of Pre- Engineering Test 2018.
- Domicile certificate of Chhattisgarh in any of the four relevant prescribed formats
Sequence of Seat Allotment
- For Engineering courses in institutes, other state quota seats of the first year shall be firstly allotted to other state domicile candidate based on the merit of JEE (Main) Exam. If seats remain vacant then they shall be converted to Chhattisgarh state quota.
- Secondly, Chhattisgarh State quota seats along with the remaining seats as mentioned above, shall be allotted to State domicile candidates based on the merit of PET.
- Even, after this, if seats remain vacant, seats of engineering institutes shall be allotted to other state domicile candidates based on the merit of PET/ JEE (Main) Examinations.
CG PET Seat Allotment 2018
CG PET 2018 seat allotment will be done after the verification of documents. Seat allotment will be done separately for CG PET and JEE Main 2018 candidates. Candidates who are allotted seats have to download the seat allotment letter and take it with them along with following necessary documents to the allotted institute for admission.
- Income certificate for reserve category candidates.
- Transfer Certificate and Character Certificate from the previous institute attended.
- Gap Certificate (If there is a gap during Studies).
- Migration Certificate (if the candidate belongs to some other state board or university).
- Aadhaar card
CG PET Seat Reservation 2018
For admission in the first year in Bachelor of Engineering, the total seats are categorized in four types of quota percentage as listed below:
|S. No||Type of institution||CGQ1||OSQ1||MQ1||MINQ1|
|2.||Kirodimal Institute of Technology, Raigarh||80||10||10||Nil|
|3.||Institute of Technology, Korba||75||10||15||Nil|
|5.||Government University Institutions||100||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|6.||Private Minority Institutions||50||Nil||Nil||50|
- Chhattisgarh State Quota (CGQ1): – Only the Chhattisgarh State domicile candidates are eligible for admission under this quota. If applicants from Chhattisgarh domicile are not available, remaining seats can be converted to the other state quota. Seats in this quota shall be filled on the basis of merit in PET examination.
- Other State Quota (OSQ1): – Only other State domicile candidates are eligible for admission under this quota. If applicants from other state are not available, remaining seats can be converted to the Chhattisgarh state quota. Seats in this quota shall be filled on the basis of merit of JEE (Main) and PET score.
- Management Quota (MQ1): – Along with the Chhattisgarh State domicile candidates, the other state domicile candidates shall also be eligible for admission under this quota. Seats in this quota shall be filled on the basis of merit in PET/JEE (Main) examinations. All rules shall be applicable for the admission under this quota.
- Minority Quota (MINQ1): – Only Minority candidates are eligible for admission under this quota. Admission on this quota shall be on the basis of merit in PET/JEE (Main) examinations.
|S. No||Category||Percentage of seat reserved|
|3.||Other Backward Classes||14%|
|2.||Freedom Fighters (FF)||3%|
|3.||Persons with Disability (PWD)||3%|