Assam TET 2020: Exam is on on 10th January 2021. Last date of registration has been extended till 3rd Dec 2020. Registration & Application begins @ssa.assam.gov.in for Higher Secondary (HS) level TET exam for Post Graduate Teachers (PGT). Fill the Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020 application form on direct link here. Download PDF Assam TET Notification 2020. The Assam Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) is the state level teacher eligibility test, which is conducted through the Department of School Education, which is also known as the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), of the State Government of Assam. Therefore, all the aspiring candidates who have completed their Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) can fill the Assam TET Application Form 2020 from the official website of Assam Government ssa.assam.gov.in.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
We will update about Assam TET Notification very soon in this article. In this article, we have given all the important updates Assam TET Exam date, Eligibility, Application Process, syllabus, exam pattern, admit card, cut off, answer key, and other details.
- Assam TET 2020 Registration & Application begins @ssa.assam.gov.in for Higher Secondary (HS) level TET exam for Post Graduate Teachers (PGT). Last date for registration has been extended till 3rd Dec 2020. Apply online now for Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020 exam on direct link here. Download PDF Assam TET Notification 2020.
Assam TET Notification 2020
The official notification of Assam TET 2020 New Notification has been released at the website of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), Assam. So, the candidates who want to pursue teaching of LP (lower primary) or UP (upper primary) must appear and qualify the Assam TET 2020 exam. The Department of Elementary Education, Assam conducts the paper. Those who qualify the exam are awarded the TET certificate after the result declaration. Therefore, all the candidates who fufill the Eligibility for Assam TET exam must fill the online application Form. Then they can download the Admit Card. The students must also check the Assam TET Syllabus and Exam Pattern in order to qualify the exam with good rank.
Assam Teachers’ Eligibility Test 2020 Exam Dates
ATET exam is a state level Teachers Eligibility Test conducted by the Department of Elementary Education (DEE), Assam. The Assam TET 2020 Application Form has been released (closed). The schedule of the exam is given below.
|Beginning of Online Application Process||20th November 2020 (Started)|
|Last Date of Application Process||3rd December 2020|
|Last date of fees Payment||3rd December 2020|
|Release of Assam TET Admit Card||—|
|Assam TET Exam||10th January 2021 (Tentative)|
|Assam TET Answer Key||—|
|Assam TET Result||—|
What is Assam TET 2020 Exam?
The Department of Elementary Education, Assam conducts Assam TET 2020. This exam certifies the eligible candidates for the post of lower primary and upper primary teachers in Assam. The exam takes place for Paper I and Paper II as per the NCTE guidelines. Candidates aspire for teaching jobs in Assam schools need to qualify the Assam 2020 TET exam for Lower Primary (LP) or Upper Primary (UP) in order to be eligible to apply for the teacher post.
Assam TET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The applicants must check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Ineligible candidates will not get the refund of the application fees. Essentially, the candidate must be an Indian citizen. Get more information about the minimum educational qualifications to apply for the Assam TET 2020 exam.
|Lower Primary||2 year Diploma in Elementary Education or Two year B.El.Ed (Bachelor of Elementary Education) or Diploma in any Special Education are eligible to apply for the Assam TET 2020 Exam.|
|Upper Primary||Senior Secondary with at least 50% marks and a 4 year B. El. Ed (Bachelor in Elementary Education). OR Senior Secondary with at least 50% marks and 4-year B.A./ B. Sc. Ed. Or B.A. Ed/ B. Sc. Ed OR Graduation with at least 50% marks. Or Graduation with at least 50% marks and 1 year B. Ed (Bachelor in Education). Any Graduate and a 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education is liable to apply.|
Educational Qualification for Lower Primary
The candidate must fulfill the educational qualification for the post of Lower Primary Teacher.
Condition-1: The candidates must have passed 12th class and have either of the following qualifications:
- 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name is known)
- 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)
- 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education)
- Graduation and a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
Condition-2: Pursuing any of the teacher education courses as per the NCTE Guideline.
Educational qualification for Upper Primary
The applicants must fulfill the eligibility criteria.
Condition 1: The candidate must have any one of the following qualifications:
- Graduation and 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known)
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and 1-year Bachelor in Education (B. Ed)
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B. El. Ed).
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4-year B.A./B. Sc. Ed. Or B.A. Ed/B. Sc. Ed
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and 1-year B. Ed.(Special Education)
Condition 2: Pursuing any of the teacher education courses (recognized by the NCTE or the RCI, as as per the NCTE Guideline.
The applicants should have 50% marks. However, the following are the cases where relaxation of 5% marks is applicable:
- Candidates of SC/ST/OBC/MOBC/PWD (PH) categories
- For Paper-1, candidates who were admitted in 2nd Year D.El.Ed. before August 31, 2009, and qualified it.
- For paper-2, candidates who were admitted in 1-Year B.Ed. before August 31, 2009, and qualified it.
Assam TET 2020 Application Form
Department of Elementary Education releases the online application form for Assam TET 2020 on the official website i.e. ssa.assam.gov.in. You can apply for both the paper separately. The authorities will not provide any chance for correction, therefore one should be careful while filling the application form of Assam Teachers Eligibility Test. The exam centre can be chosen by the candidates while filling the application form.
How To Submit Assam TET 2020 Application Form?
- Initially, candidates have to visit the official site of the Department of Elementary Education (DEE), Assam @ ssa.assam.gov.in.
- As you land on the home page, visit the TET section.
- Candidates need to first visit the official website of Elementary Education, Government of Assam – ssa.assam.gov.in
- On the homepage of the website, check for the Teachers Eligiblity Test 2020 link and click on it.
- Applicants will redirected to a new registration page, where candidates need to read all the instructions and guidelines to fill the application form. Once the candidate has finished reading all the instructions for filling the Assam TET application form, proceed with “Next”.
- A application page will be opened where candidates need to first select the post they are applying for – Lower Primary(LP), Upper primary (UP) or Both(LP and UP). Once selected proceed to complete filling the basic personal details.
Enter Personal and Education Details
- Provide personal details such as Candidate’s full name, Parent’s name, date of birth, gender, Address for correspondence, mobile number, email ID, Aadhar card number.
- In the next section, candidates must choose the exam city, zone and also specify the subject for paper II. They can even select the medium of paper. In case of reserved category candidates, they need to select their category in the next step.
- Enter the education details such as 10+2 marks, stream, graduation marks, year of passing, Board/University name etc.
- Upload the latest passport size photograph and scanned copy of signature as per the prescribed format.
- After uploading the photograph and signature, candidates are required to create a password. Once done, verify the entire details and click on the declaration check box.
- The last and final step is the payment of Assam TET application fees. Candidates can make the payment through Debit card/ Credit Card/ Netbanking/ Wallet/ Cash cards or UPI.
- Once the payment is done, download and take a prinotut of the completed application form for future reference.
- Submit the duly filed Assam TET 2020 Application Form.
- Download it, keep a copy of it for other purpose.
Assam TET 2020 Application Fee
For Both Paper I, II candidates should check and pay the fee based on the category given.
- General Category: Rs. 325/-
- SC/ ST(P)/ ST(H)/ OBC/ MOBC/ PWD(PH): Rs. 300/-
Assam TET 2020 Admit Card
The admit card for the Assam Teacher Eligibility Test (Assam TET) will be out soon after the application process gets over. You need registration details and a password to access the admit card. You have to carry photo ID proof along with the admit card to the exam center. You cannot enter the exam hall without the admit card verification. The hall ticket of exam has a passport photo and signature of the applicant. So, candidates who have applied for the Assam TET 2020 Exam can check and download the Assam TET 2020 Hall Ticket from this page or the direct link provided below. Moreover, you can make a note that the Assam TET 2020 Exam will be conducted in online mode.
Important instruction related to Assam TET Admit Card 2020
- The admit card is mandatory to be produced at the exam hall. Do not forget to carry it on the day of the exam. ‘
- Department of Elementary Education, Assam does not send the admit card to the individual candidates by post.
- While printing the admit card, prefer an A4 size paper and do not reduce the original size of the admit card.
- Do not forget to carry another valid photo identity proof to the exam center along with the admit card.
Assam TET 2020 Syllabus
Those who are preparing for the exam must have thorough knowledge of Assam TET 2020 syllabus to crack the exam. Paper 1 and paper 2 detailed syllabus is mentioned below designed by Department of elementary education. The Department of Elementary Education decides the Syllabus of Assam TET for the entrance exam. Candidates can refer to the syllabus for both the papers from below:
|Language 2||Development of four skills: Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing|
Elements of language, the preliminary concept of language functions.
Learning and acquisition
Vocabulary development/structure of the sentence
Teaching-learning materials in English
Continuous and comprehensive assessment, assessing the four skills: Listening,
Speaking, Reading, and Writing
Methods: Approaches, Methods, Techniques, and strategies
Parts of speech
|Child Development and Pedagogy||Factors influencing child development|
Dimensions of child development
Process of learning
Theories of learning
Process of Children form a diverse context
concept of child-centred teaching and competency-based teaching
Common Behavioural Problems of Children
Geometry and Mensuration
Integration of ICT in teaching Mathematics
Socially applicable Mathematics
Geometry and Mensuration
Introduction to graph and Data handling
Integration of ICT in teaching Mathematics
|Environmental Science||Children Environment|
Environment and Child’s Need
Care and Protection of Environment
Integration of ICT in teaching Environmental Science
Use of ICT in teaching environment science
|Science||Kinematics: Motion in a straight line, Laws of Motion, Heat, and Temperature, Light, Sound, and Electricity|
Metals and non-metals
Physical and Chemical Change
Acids bases and Salts
Fibre and Fabric
Chemical Effects of Electric Current
Transportation in animals and plants
Respiration in Organisms
Reproduction in Plants
Nutrition in Plants
Crop Production and Management
Reproduction in Animals
Integration of ICT in teaching Science’
Importance of ICT in teaching Science
Use of ICT in teaching Science
TET Assam Exam Pattern
Assam TET comprises two papers for the lower primary and upper primary levels. Moreover, the Assam TET 2020 Exam will be conducted tentatively in the month of November 2020. Assam Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) Paper-I & Paper-II exam is held on the same day across 33 districts of Assam as per the norms of National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE). The exam Paper-I is for Class I-V teachers and Paper-II is for Class VI-VIII teachers. On must know that the Assam TET certificate is valid for 7 years from the date of the announcement of result.
The Assam TET Exam pattern for 2020 paper 1 and paper 2 is mentioned in the below table separately.
Paper 1 – Lower Primary Teacher
|Subject||Total no. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|Child Development & Pedagogy (mandatory)||30||30||2.5 hours|
|Language 1 – Assamese, Bengali, Hindi, Bodo,|
Manipuri, Garo, Nepali, Karbi, Hmar
|Language 2 – English (mandatory)||30||30|
Paper 2- Upper Primary Teacher
|Subject||Total No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|Child Development & Pedagogy (mandatory)||30||30||2.5 hours (150 Minutes)|
|Language 1 – Assamese, Bengali, Hindi, Bodo,|
Manipuri, Garo, Nepali, Karbi, Hmar
|Language 2 –English (mandatory)||30||30|
|Either Mathematics and Science Or Social Studies||60||60|
Preparation Tips For Assam TET 2020
Assam TET 2020 exam preparations need time and dedication. With a little strategy and preparation of the exam students can score higher marks. Follow the tips given below to are the Assam TET 2020 exam. Applicants can read a few preparation tips for Assam TET Exam 2020:
- Candidates must refer to mock tests and solved papers. It is not necessary that you have to prepare from Assam TET papers only. Candidates can also refer to TET papers from other states as well.
- Make a study plan. Divide subjects across the study plan and allocate study hours to each subject. Make sure that the study plan also includes time for last minute revisions.
- Students must short notes for last minute revisions. Often, there is a lack of time during the last few days before the exam. Short notes taken before can help in quick revisions before the exam.
- Aspirants must Practice solving mathematics and reasoning questions. These take time and the syllabus is huge. Therefore, devote time to this area from the beginning of the study plan.
- It is very important to solve mock tests to understand the question pattern properly. Thereafter, prioritize the sections that you are strong in to answer first. Work on your weak areas. You can also enhance your time management skills by solving mock tests.
Assam TET 2020 Exam Centres
The Assam TET Exam will be conducted among 33 cities. The table shown below mentions the exam centres.
|Darrang||Kamrup||South Salmara Mankachar|
|Dibrugarh||Kokrajhar||West Karbi Anglong|
Answer Key of Assam TET 2020
The officials will release answer key shortly after conducting the exam. The answer key is available in PDF format for all the sets. Key for Paper-1& 2 is released separately. Candidates can find the answer key of Assam TET 2020 on the official website under the tab of Teaching Eligibility Test.
The answer key is the list of all the correct answers of the question paper. 1 marks is given for each and there is no negative marking for wrong answers or unattended questions. You can also object the answer key uploaded by the officials by paying the prescribed fees for the same.
Result of Assam TET 2020
The officials of the Department of Elementary Education (DEE), Assam will release the results of the TET 2020 Exam on their official site. So, all the candidates who have appeared for the exam can check this page to know the details. Mostly, the Assam TET 2020 Result will be released in the month of December 2020 (Tentatively). Keep checking this page or the direct link below to know the latest updates on results. Assam TET 2020 Result is the merit of all the candidates who qualify in the exam. On the score card one can see their name, roll number, registration number, category and the overall score of the candidate.
Assam TET 2020 Cut Off Marks
NCTE has fixed cut off for overall paper. The applicants who obtain marks equal to or more than cut off are qualified for the post. They have to meet the cut off marks to qualify Assam TET 2020 Exam. The cut-off marks is different for SC/ST (Hills)/ST (Plain)/OBC/MOBC/PWD(PH). The table below shows the cut-off marks category-wise.
|Category||Cut off (Qualifying Marks)||Total Marks|
|General||90 (60% of total marks)||150|
|SC/ST(Hills)/ST (Plain)/OBC/MOBC/PWD(PH)||83 (55% of total marks)||150|
Download Assam TET 2020 Certificate
The applicants who pass the Teaching test are eligible to apply for the post of teachers recruitment. This result and certificate of Assam TET Exam 2020 is valid for 7 years from the date of release of the result.
Assam TET 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Assam Teachers Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||Department of Elementary Education, Assam|
|Last conducted in||2019|
|Post details||Lower Primary (LP) and Upper Primary (UP) level teachers|
|Centres||In Assam, including 6 scheduled districts|
|Medium||Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Hindi, English|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Application fees||Rs 325/- per paper|
Assam TET 2020 – Frequently Asked Questions
Other Important Links