AP PGECET 2019: AP PGECET is a state level examination organized by Andhra Pradesh, Vishakhapatnam on the behalf of APSCHE. Candidates who seek their career in Engineering can apply to the courses offered and step towards shaping a better future. The candidates who aspire for courses like M.E/M. Tech must appear for AP PGECET 2019. This Examination is conducted by the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological university. Candidates who have qualified the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering are exempted for the Examination. Students who have cleared the GATE Entrance Examination will be given first preferences on the basis of their scores. There are more than 270 participating institutes for AP PGECET and there are nearly 27000 registers for this Examination. The Number of candidates appeared for AP PGECET was 29012 out of 32323 last year. For more of the details regarding AP PGECET 2019 go through the article from below.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
New- As per the update, the Result of AP PGECET 2019 is released in an online mode on 14th May 2019. The candidate must provide their Registration number and Hall Ticket number to check their result.
Check AP PGECET Result 2019 here.
New- The examination authorities released the Exam papers, Response sheet and the Objection format for the candidates who appeared for the exam. The objections had to be submitted till 7th May 2019.
New- The Admit Card for AP PGECET 2019 was released on 25th April 2019. Candidate must download the Admit card before the entrance exam day. The exam was from 2nd May 2019 to 4th May 2019.
Important Dates AP PGECET 2019
Students are suggested to keep all the updates related to the Examination so that they do not miss out anything. The following are some of the important dates related to the examination which candidates should keep a note of it. Find the schedule of AP PGECET 2019 from the tabular format below.
|Serial No.||Important Events||Dates|
|1||Release of Notifications||25th February 2019|
|2||Opening Date of Online Application Forms||1st March 2019|
|3||Closing Date of Online Application of the Forms||5th April 2019|
|4||Last Date to Submit Application Form with Late Fee 2000( Registration Fee 1000 for OC/BC and 500 for ST/SC||12th April 2019|
|5||Application Correction||8th April 2019 to 10th April 2019|
|8||Releasing of the Admit Card||25th April 2019|
|9||Date of Examination||2nd May to 4th May 2019 (announced)|
|10||Preliminary Answer Key will release on||5th May 2019|
|11||Last date for receiving the objections on Preliminary Key||7th May 2019|
|12||Announcement of Results||14th May 2019|
The students want to apply for the examination should keep on following the dates and notifications.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for AP PGECET 2019
Before the application process, the candidates are always advised to check the eligibility criteria for the examination. If only the criteria match with the candidate’s profile and they have all the required documents with them, they should further proceed to apply for the AP PGECET 2019.
Nationality: The Candidate should be an Indian Citizen to apply for AP PGECET 2019.
Domicile Requirement: The candidate who is a permanent resident should be a resident of Andhra Pradesh State and should have lived there for a substantial amount of time.
Age Limit: A candidate can apply for AP PGECET only when he reaches 21 years of Age.
Qualifications: A candidate who wants to go for the Engineering Courses should at least score minimum of 50% and 45% for the Reserved Categories.
For the candidates who want to go to the Pharmacy, Courses should at least score 55% and 50% for the Reserved Categories like SC and ST.
AP PGECET 2019 Application Form Procedure
The AP PGECET 2019 Application Form was released online and interested students were advised to apply. Application forms were available in the online mode only and the candidates have to visit the official website to apply for it. There were no provisions to apply offline. Candidates are requested to apply for the application forms very carefully. If in case there will be any changes, the candidates have to file a request to the Examination Authorities. Candidates should fill up the form before the process ends. After the due date is over the candidates have to pay the extra charge as Late Fee.
The followings are the steps to be followed by Candidates who wish to fill up the AP PGECET form:
- The First step to fill up the AP PGECET 2019 Application form is Payment of the stipulated Fee. The candidate can only get access to form when he/she pays the fee. The Fee is 1000/- INR for the General category of the students. The SC/ST category students have to pay 500/- INR. After the successful payment of the fees the candidate will get a confirmation message with the transaction, ID is sent to registered Mobile Number or E-mail.
- The Second step is the candidate’s registration. The candidate has to register by entering the transaction ID, the Mobile Number, Date of Birth and the Qualifying Examination Hall Ticket Number.
- The Third step is Filling up the form. The candidate needs to fill up the AP PGECET Form by entering the personal Details like the last qualifying Examination Details, Aadhar Card.
- The Fourth step is to choose a suitable Exam center for the candidate. The candidate is given the authority to choose its own venue for the Examination. The candidates also have uploaded the required documents for the Examination after that.
- The candidate has to upload a photograph in the JPG format and the photograph should be less than 40 KB and a Signature in the JPG format which should be less than 15 KB in size.
- After the completion of all the steps, the candidates are advised to recheck and review the Application Form very carefully before submitting it.
- After the submission of the form, the candidate will get a confirmation page on the screen. The candidates have to save the form and Download it. The candidate should keep more than two hard copies for the Application because it might be needed later.
Registration Process of the GATE/GPAT qualified Candidates
There is a separate provision of Registration for candidates who qualifies GATE/GPAT. While filling up the seats the GATE/GPAT candidates are given first preference and then the AP PGECET 2019 qualified candidates are given preference. The steps that the GATE/GPAT candidates should follow are:
- Visit the Official website of AP PGECET 2019 – https://appgecet.nic.in/
- Click on the link provided for the GATE/GPAT qualified candidates.
- When the New page appears, Pay the amount of Stipulated fee.
- Fill the Application Form with the all the required details like the Personal details, Academic Details and Qualifying Examination Details.
- After entering all the details the candidates must review the whole application form and then submit it. Candidates should keep Printed copies of the Application forms as it might be needed later on to recheck it.
AP PGECET 2019 Hall Ticket
The AP PGECET 2019 Admit Card is the gateway to the examination center. No student will be allowed to enter the Examination hall without the Admit Card. AP PGECET 2019 Hall Tickets are issued to candidates on 25th April 2019 and candidates should download the Admit Card before the due date gets over. The Hall Tickets are available only on the Official Website of AP PGECET. The Examination Authorities do not send the hall ticket through post or via E-mail. Candidates should know that none of such process will be entertained.
The procedure to download the AP PGECET 2019 Admit Card are as follows:
- Visit the official website of AP PGECET. The admit cards will be available only in the online mode.
- Click on the link provided by the Examination authorities.
- Candidates need to enter the Registration Number that was generated during the form fill up the process. The candidate then needs to select the paper they have applied for.
- After entering all the required details, click on the Submit Button.
- When the Admit card gets displayed, down load the Admit card and take a print out of it.
Candidates are advised to keep the hall ticket very carefully. Any damaged caused to the Admit card will not be accepted by the Examination Authorities. The Admit card should be preserved by the students even after the examination because it might be needed in the different stages of Admission.
The Admit Card of AP PGECET will consist of the following details such as Name of the candidate, Roll Number of the candidate, Course applied by the candidate, Examination Date, Examination Time, Candidates preferred Examination Center, Candidates address, Candidates Phone number.
Candidates should check the above details carefully in their Admit Cards before Downloading it. If in case, there is any corrigendum, the candidates should immediately inform the Examination Authorities about the Discrepancy for the immediate rectification of the corrigendum.
AP PGECET 2019 Examination Centers
The Examination is mostly set with the preferences to the candidates. Here is a list of Examination centers which are not yet officially declared but tentatively given for the candidates so that they get a rough idea of the Examination Centers.
Examination Pattern of AP PGECET 2019
The AP PGECET Examination Pattern is set by the Andhra University hence it is important for the candidates that they keep all the updated notifications about AP PGECET 2019. There will be 14 papers altogether for this Examination. The Examination will be computer-based and no other form of the examination will be entertained. The type of questions set will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). For each Multiple Choice Questions, there will be four choices given to candidates out of which the candidates need to choose the right answer. The Candidates will be asked 120 questions in all the disciplines. The duration of the Examination will be 2 hours or 120 minutes. Their questions will be asked in English medium only. Each question will carry 1 mark each and there is no provision of Negative Marking. The questions that will be asked in the Examination will be based on the Official syllabus and the syllabus is different for different disciplines. The AP PGECET 2019 also offers 13 courses in M.Tech for the eligible candidates.
AP PGECET Mock Test 2019
The AP PGECET 2019 Mock test is organized by the Andhra University and the students who are eager to learn about the examination pattern should appear for the Mock test. With this, the candidates will know more about how the questions are set and will get familiarized with the exam. The mock test will be conducted just like the final test and the candidates will be given 2 hours. This is very important for the students to practice because it gives them experience on the online test and the candidates will be familiar with the buttons, steps, and features and this will help the students to save time on the day of the examination and they can channelize the time for better reasons.
Apart from the Mock test, the students should also practice the Sample papers or last years question papers as soon as they are released by the AP PGECET. The Mock test for 2019 is not released yet but the students can keep practicing last years Mock test because the pattern is almost same and more the candidate’s practice, the more they learn.
AP PGECET Answer Key 2019
AP PGECET 2019 Answer keys are released soon after the examination. It is released on 5th May 2019. Through the Answer Keys, the candidates can check their questions with answers. This helps the candidate to know the correct and the wrong answers they have given and can value the estimate of their performance in the examination. If the candidates know the accurate answers they have given in the examination, they might be able to know their result before the scorecard is released. The answer keys are provided by the experts and they are absolutely correct. The candidates can raise an objection if they are not satisfied with the Answer Keys.
AP PGECET Results 2019
The AP PGECET 2019 Results will be released on the official website. Andhra University will announce the results. The results will only be released online and there will be no offline provisions to download the results for AP PGECET. The result of AP PGECET 2019 will be based on the response sheet Evaluation. On the basis of the answer keys released by the APSCHE, the candidates can file the complaint against the result if they have any objection.
Procedure to Check the AP PGECET 2019 Result.
- Visit the official website of AP PGECET 2019 to check the entrance result.
- When the page opens, enter the required details like ID, Hall ticket number and registration number.
- After entering the details, click on the submit button.
- When the result is displayed save the page and download it and take a print out of it.
Colleges will first put their preferences to the candidates who have already cleared GATE/GPAT entrance as per scores obtained in those examinations. The remaining seats are then filled up on the AP PGECET merit basis. Maximum marks that can be obtained by a student is 120. 25% (30 out of 100) is applicable to the candidates except for SC/ST. The SC/ST has no qualifying marks for ranking.
Counselling of AP PGECET 2019
The counseling for the AP PGECET candidates will start after the result is out. Candidates who get selected in the Entrance Examination have to go for counseling specific to the institutes based on their preferences of Institutes and Branches. The GATE/GPAT candidates will be done separately. The candidates have to first verify their documents before they go for counseling. There will be an amount which needs to be paid by the candidates before they for the counseling. The amount of fee that the General and OBC category students will pay is 600 INR and the amount paid by the SC and ST category of students is 300 INR. This is the processing fee and if the student does not pay the fees they will not be able to do the document verification process. The payment can be only done by online transaction or by Credit and Debit card. There is no offline mode of payment.
The Number of Participating institutes are 272 and it comes under 7 Universities. The names are as:
- Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur.
- Andhra University, Hyderabad.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Anantpur.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University,Kakinada.
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University,Anantpur.
- Sri Padmavati Mahila University,Tirupathi
- Sri Venkateswara University,Tirupathi
- Adikavi Nannaya University