The AP PGECET is a common entrance test for the Candidates who want to do Post Graduation course in Engineering. This Examination is organized by the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) on the behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education. The courses offered are Postgraduate in Engineering,Technology, Pharmacy ( M.E/M.Tech/M.Pharm/Graduate level Pharm-D courses for the academic year 2018-19.The objective of the examination of AP PGECET is to identify the meritorious students at the state level. The Examination is held once in a year and this year it is will be held in the Month of May.The dates are announced by the AP PGECET 2018 and it is scheduled on May 10-12,2018
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Important Dates: AP PGECET Application Form
The interested candidates who want to apply in this course should keep all the updates related to the examination. Candidates should not miss any information related to the Entrance Test.
Following are some dates important for the candidates on the AP PGECET Application Form.
|Serial No.||Events||Important Dates(Tentative)|
|1||Releasing of the notifications||March 16, 2018|
|2||Opening Date of the Application Forms||March 21,2018|
|3||Closing Date of the Application form||April 29, 2018
|4||Last Date to submit the Application form with Late Fee 2000+(Registration for OC/BC 1000/- and For SR/SC 500/-)||May 04,2018|
Eligibility Criteria to Fill AP PGECET Application Form
Before the candidate goes through the Application Process of AP PGECET 2018, the candidate should always go through the Eligibility criteria. They should check if the criteria do match with the candidate for the Entrance Examination and if it goes as per the eligibility criteria, they should apply.
- The candidate should hold the citizenship of India. He should not be a foreign Immigrant.
- The Candidate should be a domicile of Andhra Pradesh and should fulfill all the required Local/Non-Local status. The documents should prove the candidate to be a domicile of Andhra Pradesh
- The candidate should be at least 21 to take this examination. There is no upper age limit for the candidates to apply for the Examination.
- The candidates should have completed BE/B. Tech is eligible to apply for the postgraduate course in Engineering. And candidates who want to go for the Pharmacy courses should Complete their B. Pharm from a known Institution.
- A candidate who wants to go for the Engineering Courses should at least score minimum of 50% and 45% for the Reserved Categories.
- For the candidates who want to go for the Pharmacy, Courses should at least score 55% and 50% for the Reserved Categories like SC and ST
- GATE qualified students get directly selected without sitting for any Entrance.
AP PGECET Application Form Procedure
The process of filling up the form for AP PGECET Application Form is only available in the online mode. Candidates wanting to go for the courses can only apply through the computer-based method only. No online application will be accepted. Candidates are advised to submit the form before the due date. If in any case, the candidate fails to submit the form on the due date, they have to pay an extra amount of Fee for late submission as a penalty fee. The Fees keep on extending with the time that extent. For AP PGECET examination, the first step of the Application Form is the Fee Payment.
Following are the steps required by the candidate to follow for the form fill up of this Examination are :
- The candidate needs to visit the official Page of AP PGECET: http://sche.ap.gov.in and click on the required link in the website to proceed to the steps of filling up the form. The first step of the application procedure is Payment of the stipulated fee. The candidate can get the access to the forms for AP PGECET when they pay the required amount of fee.
|Category||Amount of Fees to be Paid|
- The Second step is the candidate’s registration. The candidate have to register by entering the transaction ID, the Mobile Number, Date of Birth and the Qualifying Examination Hall Ticket Number.
- The candidate then has to fill up all the required fields in the form such as the Personal details, the Academic Details, Marks obtained in the last Examinations and Aadhar Card Number.
- The candidate has to choose the preferred examination Center for the after that and then have to upload all the required documents.
- The Last step is to upload the candidate,s photograph, and a scanned signature. The candidate should make sure that the uploaded photograph should not be more than 40KB and the signature should be less than 15KB. They both should be in the JPG form.
Application Procedure for GATE/GPAT candidate.
The GATE/GPAT candidates have a separate procedure to apply for the AP PGECET. Even they have to register themselves online but in a different portal. The GATE/GPAT candidate do not have to take the Examination like the other candidates. The following are the steps to fill up the form for the GATE/GPAT students:
- As the application of the forms is up filled only in the online mode, candidates need to visit the official website of AP PGECET.
- Then click on the Link provided by the AP PGECET for the GATE/GPAT candidates
- Enter the details carefully in the form like the Personal Details, Last Qualification Marks, Academic Details.
- Before the submission of all the details, the candidate is requested to check the above mentioned details and go through it carefully and then submit it.
- The candidate should keep a print out of the application form as it might be needed in the future.
Details a Candidate needs to keep prepared before registering process
Before the registering process candidates are advised to keep prepared all the documents. The documents should be valid as it is cross checked by the Authorities and if the Authorities find something unusual during the process of Validation, the application form is canceled from their part.
The following are the Details of the Candidates need to provide at the time of Registration:
- Name of the Candidate
- Name of Father
- Name of Mother
- Date of Birth
- Aadhar Card Details
- Enrollment Number
- Birth District
- Birth State
- Ration Card Number
- Caste category
- Special Reservation Category
- Local Area
- Annual Income of the Parents
- Bank Details of the Candidates
- Language for Qualifying Exam
- SSC or Equivalent Class 10 Details
- Intermediate or Class Class 12 Details
- Name of the institutions studied.
If the candidate register themselves with all the above details all correct the candidate will be generated with a Hall Ticket which works as a Gate Pass for the candidate to take the Examination.
Correction of AP PGECET Application Form
The correction or rectification of the AP PGECET Application Form will start from the month of April. If in case, a candidate has filled up the details in the application form incorrect, he can change it from the due date announced. The Examination Authorities of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada facilitates the candidates to rectify the mistakes. The process of correction is only done in the online mode. No Printed form of Application or offline procedures will be entertained while filling up the form. Some corrections cannot be done online. In such case, the candidate has to write to the convener. The written request should be sent via E-mail to the convener. The written request should be sent to the convener with all the documents scanned. The mail ID of the AP PGECET is [email protected]
The procedure to do the correction of the application form areas:
- The candidate has to visit the official Website of AP PGECET to do the corrections.
- The second step is entering required details of the candidates in the given fields. The candidate has to enter the Date of Birth, Mobile Number, and Number.
- After entering the candidate’s details, click on the proceed Button.
- Now the candidate can make the changes whenever needed.
- Candidates should keep a printed copy of the Application Form with them as it might be needed later for future use.