All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) is conducted by National Law University (NLU) which is one of the premier Law Universities established in New Delhi, the capital city of India. AILET 2019 is being conducted to select candidates to the BA LLB (Hons), LLM and PhD programmes offered at NLU, New Delhi for the academic year 2019-20 commencing in August 2019. The score of the candidates in the Entrance test will be the deciding factor of their admission.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The Application Form for AILET 2019 is now available and the last date for the submission is 8th April 2019. The Entrance Test will be held on 5th May 2019.
|Lovely Professional University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Click Here for the Application Form link.
AILET Important Dates 2019
The schedule of the important events and their dates of AILET 2019 are enlisted below:
|Issue of Notification||4thy January 2019|
|Application process||4th January 2019|
|Last date for the submission of AILET Application Form 2019||8th April 2019|
|Admit cards available for download||April 2019|
|AILET 2019 exam||5th May 2019|
|Date for issue of letters for admission (1st List)||May 2019|
|Declaration of AILET 2019 Result for BA LLB Hons||May 2019|
|Last date for deposing fee (1st List)||June 2019|
|Date for spot counselling for vacant seats||June 2019|
|Declaration of LLM AILET 2019 Result||June 2019|
|Last date for depositing fee for the candidates selected in spot counselling||June 2019|
|Declaration of PhD AILET 2019 Result (Tentative)||June 2019|
|Closing date for admission||July 2019|
|Start of session/classes||August 2019|
AILET Application Procedure 2019
The Application procedure for AILET 2019 is conducted online on the official website nludelhi.ac.in. Before proceeding to fill the application form, it will be advised that you go through the eligibility conditions for the course that you will be applying for.
The application procedure for AILET will involve the following steps:
- Create your Login account: You will be required to create your account for the AILET admission procedure by providing your Email ID, Mobile number, Password etc.
- Apply for the Law course of your choice: Select the course among B.A.LL.B., LL.M and PhD you wish to pursue at NLU ensuring that you are eligible to apply for it.
- Fill the Application form: Provide all the details regarding your Categories, Educational Qualifications, Address and Parents in this section.
- Upload documents: You shall have to upload the scanned copies of your recent passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed format and size.
- Pay the application fee: To complete the application procedure, you will have to pay the application fee online using Netbanking/Credit card/Debit card. You can also pay the fee at post office by printing the Deposit slip.
AILET Application Fee 2019
|SC/ST falling below poverty line||Exempted from paying application fee|
|Kashmiri Migrant||Rs 3,050|
|Foreign National||Rs 3,050|
After successful payment of the application fee, you shall receive a confirmation on your registered Email ID and Mobile Number. Take a printout of the online application form and retain it for future reference.
AILET 2019 Eligibility for Admission into BA LLB, LLM and Ph.D. courses at NLU
NLU lays down the minimum eligibility conditions required to be fulfilled by the candidates seeking admission into the BA LLB, LLM and PhD courses offered at NLU. The eligibility criteria for each of the courses are discussed below:
- In order to appear for the AILET, candidates should have passed the 10+2 examination and scored a minimum of 50%. However, candidates appearing for 10+2 examinations in the year of the AILET can also apply, provided they meet the above eligibility at the time of admission.
- All candidates, other than those applying under the Foreign Nationals category, should appear for the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) and selection shall be solely on that basis.
- Candidates should score at least 40% of the marks in the AILET (30% for SC/ ST candidates)
- Foreign Nationals to be eligible should have obtained 65% marks in the qualifying examination.
The candidates must hold a degree of LL.B. or an Equivalent Law Degree with 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/ Persons with Disabilities). The candidates who are appearing in the final year of LL.B. Examination in April/May, 2018 can also apply. However, they must maintain the minimum eligible percentage in the qualifying exam to be considered for admission.
A Master’s degree or a professional degree equivalent to the Master’s degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale or an equivalent degree from a recognized foreign educational Institution.
Obtained a degree in law and Master’s Degree with M. Phil. in social sciences or humanities of any recognised university with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale. There is a relaxation of 5% marks for ST/SC candidates.
Candidates possessing a Degree in law and Master’s Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree from an Indian Institution or from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited as per UGC Regulations.
Degree in law and PhD in any discipline.
Judge of any State High Court in India with three years’ experience or Judge of Supreme Court of India.
A foreign student, who is interested to enroll from outside India may be allowed to be registered for Ph.D. on the condition that one supervisor will be from the NLU Delhi and one from the parent University/Institutions of the student. He /She will be exempted from appearing in the Entrance Test subject if he/she fulfills the other minimum eligibility conditions. The student will be required to visit National Law University Delhi for Viva-Voce to defend his/her Thesis.
AILET Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2019
The structure of the question paper for the B.A.LL.B(Hons), LL.M and PhD courses are discussed below:
The pattern of the question paper is highlighted in the following points:
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- No. of Questions: 150
- Total Marks: 150
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
The subject areas and distribution of Questions and marks are shown in the table below:
|Subject Area||No. of Questions||Marks|
|General Knowledge (Current Affairs, General Science, History, Geography, Economics, Civics)||35||35|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||10||10|
There are 100 multiple choice Objective Type Questions of one mark each which has to be answered in the OMR Sheet. There will be a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
There is One Essay Question of 50 Marks which has to be answered in Separate Sheet.
There will be 100 multiple choice Objective Type Questions of one mark each which have to be answered in the OMR Sheet. There will be a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
Admit Card for AILET 2019
The AILET Admit Card 2019 will be available for download from the official website. The Admit card is a very important document that the candidates must carry to the examination hall. It shall be available for download from the website only and no aspirant shall receive it through a separate post.
The admit card for AILET 2019 can be downloaded in the following steps:
- Visit the admission portal of AILET 2019,
- Click on the link ‘AILET Admit card’
- Select the course you have applied for and enter your credentials such as Applicant’s name/Application number and Date of Birth.
- Click on the submit button.
- View your AILET 2019 admit card.
- Take a printout and keep it safe.
Candidates must ensure that the details on the admit card are correct. In case of any discrepancy, they must contact AILET authorities immediately.
Availability of Seats and Reservations
The following number of seats are available for admission to the B.A.LL.B (Hons), LL.M. and PhD courses offered at NLU. In case of any changes in seat availability, the details will be mentioned here.
80 [70 Seats on merit through All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) and 10 Seats for direct admission to Foreign Nationals on merit].
Reservation: 15% for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST candidates and 5% for Persons with Disabilities.[/su_note]Note: One additional seat for kashmiri migrants. Two supernumerary seats for Residents of Jammu & Kashmir.[/su_note]
35+5 Seats for Foreign Nationals (No. of seats may vary).
Reservation: 15% for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST candidates, 5% for Persons with Disabilities.
5 seats are available for the PhD programme.
Exam Centres for AILET 2019
The examination centres where the All India Law Entrance Test will be conducted will be made available by the examination conducting body of AILET. Candidates will have to appear at the allotted centre as will be mentioned on the Admit card issued to them few days before the entrance exam.
AILET 2019 Result
The National Law University declares the result of BA LLB and PhD program. The results will be declared online on the official website of NLU Delhi. It will be published in a PDF format where scores will be displayed Category wise and Roll number wise of the candidates.
To view the results of AILET 2019, you can follow the steps given below:
- Visit the admission portal of AILET 2019,
- Click on the link to view results.
- Click on the result link for the course you have appeared in (B.A.LL.B, LL.M and PhD)
- Download the PDF results sheet.
- Search for your name and Roll number in the list.
- View your AILET rank, score and qualifying status.
AILET Counselling Procedure 2019
After the declaration of results, NLU shall also release merit lists of the candidates based on the scores in AILET 2019. Candidates whose names appear in the merit lists will be able to download their Call Letters for appearing in the Counselling. Counselling will happen offline at the campus of NLU Delhi.
The counselling procedure for B.A.LL.B, LL.M and PhD shall take place separately. Candidates will have to pay the Admission cum counselling fee to lock their seat that shall be allotted on the basis of their merit in the entrance test.
Candidates will have to bring the following documents for counselling:
- AILET 2019 admission letter issued by NLU Delhi.
- AILET 2019 scorecard.
- AILET 2019 admit card.
- Self-Attested copy of Class 10 marks statement.
- Self-Attested copy of Class 12 marks statement.
- Self-Attested copy of Character Certificate from the school/college last attended.
- Self-Attested copy of Transfer Certificate
- Demand Draft of Rs.50,000/- drawn in favour of “The Registrar, National Law University Delhi” that is payable at New Delhi.
Thanks for visiting our website. If you have any doubts or queries, Please write to us in the comments section. We look forward to your feedback as well.