All India Bar Examination (AIBE 12) is an India wide examination conducted by Bar Council of India (BCI). It is conducted to test an advocate’s capability to practice law as a profession in India. It tests a candidate’s basic knowledge and analytical abilities of law.
The AIBE is conducted twice a year. On passing the examination, the candidate shall be awarded a “certificate of Practice” by the BCI. The examination is an open book exam and is conducted in 40 cities across India and in 11 languages to choose from.
One must score 40% in the exam to be awarded the certificate of practice. It is a minimum necessity to practice law in India.
- 1 Important Dates Regarding AIBE 12 2019:
- 2 Application Form for AIBE 12
- 3 Eligibility for AIBE 12
- 4 Admit Card of AIBE 12
- 5 Exam Pattern and Syllabus of AIBE 12
- 6 Answer Key of AIBE 12 2018:
- 7 Results of AIBE 12
Important Dates Regarding AIBE 12 2019:
Go through the schedule of AIBE 12 2019. The below-mentioned dates are tentative and official schedule will be updated once the notification is released.
|Online Registration begins from||March 2019|
|Offline Registration form sales begin from||Not available|
|Bank Payments through challan starts from||March 2019|
|Online Registration closes||May 2019|
|Last Date for Payment of challan for Online Registration is||May 2019|
|Last date for completion of online form||May 2019|
|Last date for receiving Offline Application forms at BCI-Delhi||Not available|
|Online release of Admit Cards for Online and Offline application||May 2019|
|Date of Examination||June 2019|
Note: The council reserves the right to make changes in the dates in case of unavoidable circumstances.
The candidates can attempt AIBE end number of times.
Application Form for AIBE 12
Candidates will have to fill up the form and provide all the required details.
You must have the following documents ready before filling the application form:
- Scanned Photograph and signature
- Scanned enrolment certificate
- Scanned Photo ID
The AIBE application form will be filled online in the steps described below.
- Click on the link “Register Here” that shall be highlighted on the official website of AIBE www.allindiabarexamination .com .
- You had to submit the following information to Register yourself:
- Candidate’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Permanent Address
- E-mail Id
- Mobile Number
You had to upload the following documents in the formats and sizes as enunciated by the table below:
|Document||Format||Minimum Size||Maximum Size|
|Self-Attested Enrollment Certificate||jpg/jpeg||50KB||500KB|
|Self-Attested Photo Id||jpg/jpeg||50KB||500KB|
Enter personal details and Exam centre choices
You have to enter the following information:
- Candidate type (Fresh/repeat)
- Category (ST/SC/OBC/General)
- Are you disabled? (yes/no)
- In case of disability, do you need scribe? (Yes/No)
- In case of more than 80% disability, Do you need extra time? (Yes/No)
- Choice of Exam centres ( Three preferences)
- Choice of Question Paper (Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil and Telugu)
- Login with the Registration Id and the password sent to you and download and print the SBI Challan.
- Visit any Branch of SBI and pay the application fees.
- The application fees shall be as follows:
|Fee to be paid by participating Advocate||Rs 3,500 + Rs 60 SBI Bank surcharge= Rs 3,560|
|SC/ST category||Rs 2,500 + Rs 60= Rs 2,560|
- Login again using your registration Id and password after 24 hours of the payment of the fees at the bank.
- Upload the Challan and enter details such as Journal no., Bank Code and date of payment.
Print Application form
After your payment had been successful, take a print out of the online application form and retain it for future reference.
Eligibility for AIBE 12
It will be important that you meet the minimum eligibility conditions outlined by the council in order to appear in the exam.
The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The candidate must have an L.L.B Degree from any institute recognized by the BCI.
- They had to get enrolled as an advocate with a state bar council in order to appear for AIBE.
- Candidates with an LLB degree that was awarded before 2009-2010 need not appear for AIBE in order to practice law.
Admit Card of AIBE 12
Candidates who successfully submitted the Application form will be eligible to download the Admit Card by providing the required credentials such as Registration Number and Date of Birth.
AIBE Admit Card Verification process
Before your Admit card will be generated, you will have to verify the details related to you. The verification will be done in the following steps:
- On the official website, click on the link to AIBE Admit card verification process.
- Login with your 6 digit Application number and Date of Birth.
- The following details related to you shall be displayed:
|Candidate’s name||Father’s name||Enrollment number|
|Language choice||Exam reporting time||Test centre address|
- Go through your details thoroughly.
- In case there is no error, click on “Complete”.
- In case of Errors, click on “Mismatch”.
After verification is done, the Admit card can be downloaded in the following steps:
- Visit official website of AIBE www.allindiabarexamination.com.
- Click on “Admit Card (AIBE-12)” tab.
- Enter AIBE registration number and password.
- Click on “Submit” button.
- View and download AIBE 12 admit card.
- Take prinout of the AIBE hall ticket.
Check if all the details mentioned in the admit card are correct. In case of any discrepancy, you will be required to contact AIBE officials at the earliest.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus of AIBE 12
The AIBE is an open book exam which means you were allowed to carry your study materials to the examination hall. This would also mean that the exam was going to be difficult and requiring real understanding of your study material.
The highlights of the AIBE is outlined in the points below:
- Type: MCQs
- Mode: Pen-Paper
- Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Total Questions: 100
- Total Marks : 100
- Negative Marks: None
The questions will be asked from 19 topics and shall aim at testing basic understanding and analytical ability of the candidate about Law as a practice.
The topics to be covered and number of questions from each of them is tabled below:
No. of questions
|Intellectual Property Laws|| |
|Land Acquisition Act|| |
|Cyber Law|| |
|Environmental Law|| |
|Company Law|| |
|Administrative Law|| |
|Public Interest Litigation|| |
|Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI rules|| |
|Labour & Industrial Laws|| |
|Law related to Taxation|| |
|Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act|| |
|Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Act and Consumer Protection Law|| |
|Family Law|| |
|Evidence Act|| |
|I.P.C (Indian Penal Code)|| |
|Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Property Laws, Negotiable Instrument Act|| |
|Constitutional Law|| |
|Cr.P.C (Criminal Procedure Code)|| |
|C.P.C (Code of Civil Procedure)|| |
Answer Key of AIBE 12 2018:
The Answer key of AIBE 12 has been released by the examination conducting body of Bar Council of India. The Answer Key will help the candidate in the evaluation of their performance in the entrance exam. Candidates will be required to cross-check the answers that they mentioned and the answers that are in the Answer key.
Results of AIBE 12
The Results of AIBE shall be declared on the official website. One has to score a minimum of 40% to be qualified in the examination. The qualified candidates shall be awarded a “Certificate of Practice” by Bar Council of India (BCI) which is mandatory for anybody who aspires to practice Law in India.
The Results of AIBE can be viewed in the following steps:
- Visit official website of AIBE www.allindiabarexamination .com.
- Click on the link “Result (AIBE-XI)” that shall be highlighted on the website.
- Enter your AIBE roll number and date of birth (Date-Month-Year format).
- Click on “Submit” button.
- View and download AIBE XI result.
Good luck to all the aspiring candidates. In case of doubts and questions, please do not hesitate to write to us in the comments section below.