WBJEE Exam Pattern 2021: West Bengali Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) prescribes the paper pattern of WBJEE every year. Candidates who are going to appear for WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination) must read the exam pattern. The WBJEE Exam pattern consists of the marking scheme, type of questions, etc. Hence, it makes the students familiar with WBJEE Question Paper. Therefore, understanding the exam pattern beforehand yields several benefits. Other than the paper pattern, candidates must check the WBJEE Syllabus as well. This will help them to score good marks in the entrance exam. For more details regarding the exam pattern of WBJEE, keep on reading the article.
Check Eligibility For WBJEE Exam
WBJEE Exam Highlights 2021
|Exam Name||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB)|
|Level of Exam||State-level|
|Purpose of Exam||Undergraduate Admission|
WBJEE Exam Pattern 2021
Every year WBJEEB provides the paper pattern. The question paper is made on the basis of the paper pattern. Hence, it is essential for the candidates to familiar with the exam pattern of WBJEE.
- WBJEE Exam takes place in offline mode
- There are 2 papers: Paper- I (Mathematics) & Paper-II (Physics & Chemistry)
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours for each paper
- WBJEE Question Paper consists of 155 questions
- The question paper will consist of multiple-choice questions
- The question paper will be of 200 marks
- In category 1, candidates will fetch 1 mark for every correct answer
- In category 2, candidates will fetch 2 marks for every correct answer
WBJEE Negative Marking
|I||Any wrong answer will lead to loss 1/4 mark|
|II||For every wrong response, 1/2 mark will be deducted|
|III||There is no provision of negative marking yet|
Marking Scheme of WBJEE 2021
In the WBJEE Exam, the marking scheme is quite different. Marks are awarded as per the category of questions. For a brief analysis, check the table below.
|I||30 Questions||30 Questions||50 Questions|
|II||5 Questions||5 Questions||15 Questions|
|III||5 Questions||5 Questions||10 Questions|
Exam Instructions for WBJEE
WBJEE prescribes the rules & regulations for exam day. Hence, candidates must adhere to the instructions carefully. Check the list below.
- Candidates must reach the WBJEE Exam Centres 30 minutes prior to the exam.
- It is important to know the exact exam centre. Make sure you are well aware of how to communicate to the exam centre.
- Candidates cannot appear for the exam in any other exam centre. They have to report the exam centre which is mentioned in the WBJEE Admit Card 2021.
- In case any candidate occupies the seat of other candidates, then their paper will be cancelled.
- Candidates must carry Admit Card, color photograph, any ID card (Aadhar card/ Pan Card/ Voter ID/ Passport/ School ID/ 10th Class Admit Card) to the WBJEE Exam Centre.
- There is a possibility that frisking might be carried out in order to check the prohibited tools/ items.
- All the appearing candidates must occupy their seats 15 minutes before the commencement of the test.
- No candidate can enter the exam hall after the given time. Hence, make sure you reach early.
- Carrying any printed or written material, log table, calculator, mobile phones, watch, etc. inside the exam hall is forbidden.
- Candidates will receive the question booklets before the test. Take the OMR sheet without breaking the seals of the question booklet. And, check if the OMR number & question booklet number are similar. In case it is not the same, then inform the invigilator immediately.
- Candidates must sign on the top of the question booklet.
- Go through the instructions written on the OMR sheet & question booklet carefully.
- Write the roll number & question booklet number at the necessary places on the OMR sheet. Make sure you enter the correct information at the given places. Otherwise, it will lead to errors further. Hence, the Board will not take any responsibility.
- Darken the appropriate bubbles of the question booklet number & roll number.
- Candidates must write the name in BLOCK LETTERS, centre name, and signature in the OMR sheet.
In case you have any queries or doubts, then comment down below.