VITEEE stands for Vellore Institute Of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination. It is a university- level examination conducted by the VIT University. Through this examination, candidates will be given admission to four year B. Tech programme in the VIT campuses of Vellore and Chennai.
Important Dates and links have been released by VIT University regarding the VITEEE 2018. The online and offline application forms for the exam have been made available from 1st November and 9th 2017. The last to fill the application and submit it is February 28, 2018. The mock test for the exam has been made available online from 6th January 2018. Read more about VITEEE 2018 Mock Test below.
The mock test for VITEEE 2018 has been made available online on 6th January 2018. The mock test is released by the exam conducting authority to give the candidates a prior information of how to take the computer-based test. Taking the mock test also helps the candidate to have an experience of online exam environment. It makes him/her have a knowledge about the exam pattern and how to answer the questions.
The mock test will be held for 2 hours 30 minutes covering all questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, and English. Candidates can take the mock test irrespective of whether they have registered for the examination or not.
How to check and take the VITEEE 2018 Mock Test
- Go to the official website of VITEEE 2018.
- Or click on the Mock Test link http://184.108.40.206/VIT/tp/index.php
- Login using your ID and password.
- Click on sign in button and enter your name and application number.
- Read the instructions carefully and click on the confirmation button.
- Now click on the start button and it will take you to the mock test.
Content of the VITEEE Mock Test
Once the candidates open the mock test, they will see the following content on the Mock Test page:
- Different sections like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and English
- Total number of questions in a section and the question chosen by the candidate with four options.
- Legend and symbols to denote the status of the answers.
- Time left to complete the Mock Test.
- Options like Hide Question Papen”, “Previous”, “Next”, “Mark” and “Clear” will also appear on the Mock Test page.
Things to Know About VITEEE 2018 Mock Test
- It is upto the candidate to choose any particular section to start the mock test with.
- Candidates can click on any question and start answering it. There will be four options available and candidate has to choose only one by clicking on it.
- Click on next or previous to answer the next or previous question.
- In the Legends section of the mock test, the Green symbol will denote answered questions, light brown colored symbol will stand for “Marked for review”, light Grey colored symbol will indicate “Not Answered Questions” and blue colored symbol stands for “Answered and Marked”.
- Before the final submission, candidates can change answer options as many times as they want.
- If you want to change an answer to unanswered, click on “clear button”.
- To end the test click on “end test” button. This will, however, appear only on the last question.
Benefits of Taking VITEEE 2018 Mock Test
- With the help of the mock test, candidates will be able to have a prior knowledge of the VITEEE 2018 exam protocol and the procedure of the entire system.
- Taking the mock test will help the candidate by improving his/her speed, accuracy level, and time management.
- Candidates will not have any problem while taking the real-time VITEEE 2018.
The mock test of VITEEE 2018 is available now on the official website. It is advisable for the candidate to take the test if he/she has not taken any computer-based exam before. It is not necessary for the candidate to have registered on the official website to take the mock test. Those who are still planning to register and take the exam, can try their hand at the mock test and decide for themselves. Registered Candidates are advised to know the exam pattern of VITEEE 2018 to prepare thoroughly for the test.