UPSEE or UPTU is Uttar Pradesh state level engineering entrance exam. It is conducted by A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technical University every year. Students who have applied for JEE can also apply for UPSEE as the second option. Candidates who are aspiring to appear in UPSEE 2018 must check UPSEE 2018 eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria for UPSEE is decided by AKTU and its decision is final.
Check Eligibility For UPSEE Exam
UPSEE 2018 Results Declared – Check Here
UPSEE 2018 Cut Off Released – Check Here
Common Eligibility Criteria For UPSEE 2018
While applying for UPSEE 2018 a candidate must fulfill the following criteria:
There is no age limit to sit for UPSEE exam. This means candidates of different age group can apply for this exam.
- A candidate must complete class 12 from U.P and his or her parents must be from U.P.
- If parents are from U.P but the candidate has completed class 12 from outside the state then such candidates can also apply for UPSEE 2018.
- If a candidate’s family is not from U.P then they can also apply for UPSEE. However, only 15 % seats are reserved for candidates whose parents are not from U.P state.
The first and the foremost education criteria is that a candidate must pass his or her class 12th boards exam from any government recognized board. Besides this, every course has its own eligibility criteria which are given below:
B.Tech: Students interested in engineering must fulfill the following criteria:
- Compulsory subject: Students must have physics and chemistry as compulsory subjects in class 12.
- Elective subject: Students must have any one of the following subjects: Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ biology/ technical vocational subject.
- Minimum percentage: All candidates must pass there class 12 boards exam with a minimum of 45% (40% marks in case of SC and ST).
B.Tech in Biotechnology: Students who are aspiring to pursue B.tech in biotechnology after their class 12 must fulfill these educational criteria:
- Compulsory subject: Students must have physics, maths or biology as their compulsory subject in class 12.
- Elective subject: Students must have any one of the following elective subject: Chemistry/ biotechnology/ technical vocational subject.
- Minimum percentage: same as B.tech, I.e; All candidates must pass there class 12 boards exam with a minimum of 45% (40% marks in case of SC and ST).
B.Arch: For B.Arch the following eligibility criteria must be matched:
- Compulsory subject: Students must have physics and chemistry as their compulsory subjects in their class 12.
- Elective subject: Students must also have any of the following elective subjects: Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Biology/ Engineering / technical vocational subject.
- Minimum percentage: Candidates must hold 50 % marks in their class 12 boards exam without any grace marks.
Btech Agriculture Engineering: For B.tech in Agriculture Engineering, a candidate must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Subject criteria: Students must have subjects from the agricultural background.
- Minimum percentage: All candidates must pass there class 12 boards exam with a minimum of 45% (40% marks in case of SC and ST) without any grace marks.
B. Pharm: The eligibility criteria for B. Pharm are as follows:
- Compulsory subjects: Students must qualify physics, chemistry as compulsory subjects in their class 12 Boards examination.
- Elective subject: Students must qualify any one of the following subject: Maths/ biology/ biotechnology/ technical vocational subject.
MBA: For MBA course, a candidate must complete graduation from any discipline from a government recognized Indian University. Candidates must hold a minimum of 50 % in their graduation to pursue an MBA. (45 % marks in case of ST and SC category students).
MCA: For MCA course, a candidate must complete graduation from any discipline from a government recognized Indian University. However, a candidate must qualify in maths as a compulsory subject in class 12 or in graduation. Candidates must also score 50 % aggregate marks (45 % marks in case of ST and SC category students).
BHMCT/ BFAD/ BFA: To pursue any of these courses a candidate must pass their class 12 boards exam or equivalent exam from U.P Boards or any recognized board. Interested candidates must, however, score 45% aggregate marks ( 40% in case of ST and SC category students) in their exam. There no compulsory subjects so a student from any discipline can apply for these exams.
If you are eligible for the UPSEE 2018 Exam – Fill the Application Form Here.
UPSEE 2018 Eligibility For Lateral Entry In B.Pharm/B.Tech/MCA
Lateral entry in the second year is only open for B.Pharm/ B.tech/ MCA. Applications for lateral entry in these courses are available online. It must be noted that up to 20% of seats are opened for second-year lateral entry in various AKTU recognized colleges and institutes.
The eligibility criteria for direct admission in the second year (lateral entry) are as follows:
|B.Tech||B.Sc graduate or diploma holders.||45% for general and 40 % for reserved category students in the qualifying examination.|
|B.Pharm||Candidates must complete second year diploma in pharmacy.||45% for general and 40 % for reserved category students.|
|MCA||Bachelors degree in BCA or B. Sc in IT/Computer Science||50% or general and 45 % for reserved category students.|
UPSEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria For NRIs
All state-funded and private institutes of Uttar Pradesh reserves 5% seats in all courses (except MCA and MBA) for NRIs. However, students applying for B. Arch must sit for an aptitude test in the day on the day of counseling.
The Eligibility Criteria for NRIs in UPSEE exam are as follows:
- Candidates must pass 12 exams from an institute which is recognized by Association of Indian Universities. Further, candidates must qualify in Physics, chemistry, and maths as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates who possess high school certificate in Physics, chemistry and higher mathematics from London, Cambridge and Sri Lanka are also eligible for UPSEE 2018.
- Candidates must appear in SAT II with mathematics and level II C with physics and chemistry.
- Candidates belonging to general category must secure 50 % marks and candidates belonging to ST/ SC category must secure 45 % in their class 12 equivalent exam.
- Candidates must submit their NRI certificate from a diplomat mission/chancellery or High Commission.
- Candidates are also required to submit documents certifying his or her relations with the sponsoring NRI.
- Candidates must physically be present on the counseling day. The date of counseling will be informed separately to the candidates.
- Candidates are required to pay an amount of Rs 1000 as counseling fee and Rs 5000 as initial fee through bank draft in favor of A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technical University payable at Lucknow.
UPSEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria FN/ PIO/ CIWGC
Foreign Nationals (FN), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries (CIWGC) who aspires to sit for UPSEE 2018 must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must complete their class 12 or equivalent exam with Physics, chemistry or maths from an institute recognised by AIU (Association of Indian Universities).
- Candidates must acquire a valid score in SAT II with mathematics and level II C with physics and chemistry.
- Candidates must submit documents supporting their nationality like a passport.