REAP stands for Rajasthan Engineering Admission Process. It is an admission process conducted for admission to Bachelor’s degree course of engineering (B.Tech and B.E) on behalf of Government-aided and Private unaided technical institutions of Rajasthan (except BITS Pilani, MNIT Jaipur, and other Deemed & Private Universities). REAP is conducted by Rajasthan Technical University (RTU), Kota (Rajasthan). The admission process involves admission given on the basis of two channels: JEE Main 2018 Score and class 12th Board percentile. However, the priority will be given first to JEE Main candidates and then to class 12th board candidates. An important aspect of filling the REAP application form 2018 is that candidates need to have Aadhaar cards; if the candidate doesn’t have Aadhaar number, he/she may register by using Aadhaar acknowledgment receipt number.
The Revised Tentative Schedule for REAP 2018 Admissions has been released. Click here to check.
Last date for filling online application cum registration form and choice filling was 30th June 2018. Click here to fill the form and enter choices.
The Application Form for REAP 2018 was made available online on 1st June 2018. During registration, candidates had to fill in choices, do the registration and pay the counselling fee. The application fee was Rs.700 and the counselling fee of Rs.10,000 had to be paid to be able to fill in the choices. Only those candidates who meet the eligibility criteria set by RTU will be considered for seat allotment process. Counselling for REAP 2018 was conducted in four rounds with a special round which will be the last round of Counselling. All candidates will have to register only once for the first three rounds. For the fourth round, there will be another registration that will be thrown open for candidates to register.
Important Dates Regarding the REAP 2018 Admission Process
|1||Commencement of filling online application cum registration forms by candidates||01/06/18|
|2||Last date for deposition of application cum registration fee(online)||29/06/18|
|3||Last date for filling online application cum registration form and choice filling||30/06/18|
|Round 1st (Out of Rajasthan, Ex. Serviceman, PWD, KM candidates only)|
|4||Declaration of tentative merit list of 1st round (Out of Rajasthan candidates and Ex. Serviceman, PWD, KM)||05/07/18|
|5||Last date for calling objections in tentative merit list of 1st Round (online)||06/07/18|
|6||Declaration of final merit list of 1st round||07/07/18|
|7||Seat Allotment of 1st round (Out of Rajasthan Candidates)||08/07/18|
|8||Manual Counselling Ex. Servicemen & Manual Counselling PWD, KM||09 & |
|9||Last Date of reporting of 1st Round (Out of Rajasthan Candidates)||14/07/18|
|Round 2nd (Rajasthan State Candidates)|
|10||Declaration of tentative merit list of 2nd Round (For Rajasthan State Candidates)||07/07/18|
|11||Last date for calling objections in tentative merit list of 2nd Round (online)||09/07/18|
|12||Declaration of final merit of 2nd Round (For Rajasthan State Candidates)||11/07/18|
|13||Seat Allotment of 2nd round (Rajasthan state candidates)||16/07/18|
|14||Last Date of reporting of 2nd Round (For Rajasthan State Candidates)||20/07/18|
|15||Last Date of online reporting for Institutes for 1st and 2nd Round||21/07/18|
|Round 3rd (Upward Movement)|
|16||Last Date of online acceptance letter for upward movement (Round 3rd)||23/07/18|
|17||Display the List of candidates applied for upward movement||24/07/18|
|18||Declaration of Allotment list of 3rd round (upward movement)||25/07/18|
|19||Last Date of reporting by candidates at allotted institute for 3rd Round (For upward Movement)||28/07/18|
|20||Last Date for depositing original documents by candidate at last reported institute||30/07/18|
|21||Last Date of online reporting for Institutes for 3rd Round||31/07/18|
REAP 2018 Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates willing to seek admission to the engineering course through REAP 2018 must make sure that they meet all the eligibility criteria set by the admission conducting authority. If ineligible candidates fill the registration form and are later caught by the exam conducting authority because of invalid eligibility, the candidature of those candidates will be canceled at any given point of the admission process.
The REAP Eligibility Criteria is enlisted below:
For B.Tech and B.E Courses
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 from Board of Secondary Education Rajasthan (BSER) or any equivalent board with at least 45% marks (40% in case of SC/ST/OBC – NCL/ SBC -NCL candidates from the state of Rajasthan) with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and either of Chemistry/Computer Science/Biotechnology/Biology as optional subject.
- Candidates must have also scored passing marks in each of these subjects separately.
For B. Arch Courses (applicant must meet any of the 2 conditions)
- Candidate must have scored 50% in 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board with Mathematics as the compulsory subject.
- Candidate must have passed 10+3 Diploma (any stream) from a recognized board with an aggregate of 50% marks with Mathematics as the compulsory subject.
- The candidate should have been born on or after October 1st, 1993. Reserved category candidates of SC, ST, and PwD are given age relaxation up to 5 years.
- Candidates will also have to meet a number of medical fitness conditions including that of height, weight, and hearing. The candidate has to have a medical fitness certificate.
REAP 2018 Reservation Of Seats
The Government of Rajasthan sets certain guidelines for Reservation of Seats for special categories like SC, ST, OBC-NCL, PwD, women category, Dependents of defence killed/ Ex-servicemen and Gallantry award winners.
Have a look at the REAP 2018 Reservation of Seats here:
|S.No||Category||% of Seats Reserved|
|1||Scheduled Caste (CS)||16|
|2||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||12|
|3||Other Backward Classes- Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)||21|
|4||Persons with Disability (PwD)||3|
|6||Dependants of Defence Killed/Ex – servicemen / Gallantry award winners||3|
REAP 2018 Application/Registration Form
The Application Process for REAP 2018 had commenced from 1st June 2018. The REAP 2018 application form was available and had to be filled online only. As soon as the application process had begun, candidates had to make payment for application fees, fill up the form with essential details and upload the required documents. Documents like the photograph, signature have to be uploaded to the correct specification and class 10+2 mark sheet, Valid mobile number and email ID and NATA score (either 2018 or 2017) and Roll Number (for registration in B. Arch) had to be kept ready to fill the application form.
An application fee of Rs. 700 had to be paid by the candidate in online mode through credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
Candidates will have to fill the REAP 2018 Application form by following these steps:
- Payment of Application/Registration and Advance Fees
- Filling the application form of REAP 2018
- Taking a print out of the form
Merit List for REAP 2018 Admission Process
The rank list will be released separately for both the JEE Main Candidates and for candidates seeking admission through class 12th percentile. Merit list will be available for the reserved category candidates also, which will include horizontal reservation also. Candidates who will be given admission under a certain category will not be considered under another category.
The REAP 2018 Merit List will decide whether the candidate will be allotted a seat or not. Merit list for engineering course will be based on the JEE Main 2018 score first and then on the class 12th percentile. For B. Arch course, merit list will be based on the score obtained in JEE Main 2018 paper 2 and after that on 10+2 percentile + the NATA score (equal weightage will be given to both). To check the REAP 2018 Merit List, candidates will have to click on the link (which will be provided here as soon as it released) and enter the login details.
Counselling & Seat Allotment For REAP 2018
Only those candidates whose names are listed under the merit list will be called for counselling and Seat allotment procedure. There will be separate counselling that will be held for candidates belonging to the state of Rajasthan and those belonging to the outside of the state. The candidates of Rajasthan will have the chance for up-gradation/ upward movement. The up-gradation will, however, be based on the availability of seats and the options entered by the candidate. The counselling will be done in a centralized mode for direct admission.
REAP 2018 counselling will involve the following stages
- Choice filling and Locking – A few weeks after the forms have been submitted, candidates will have to fill in the choices of their course and institute. This window will be open tentatively from the 1st to 30th of June 2018. Till 2016, candidates had to pay a choice-filling fee but now no separate choice filling fee has to be paid. After candidates have filled in the choices, they will have to lock the final choices.
- Seat Allotment – The seats will be alloted based on the merit of the candidate and the choices filled by him/her. Candidates will have to check their alloted seats and will be sent an allotment letter in online mode. Seat allotment letter will not be sent in offline mode. Candidates have to take a print out of the seat allotment letter to be taken during document verification.
- Reporting to the alloted institute – After seat allotment, candidates will have to report to the alloted center and produce the following documents for verification:
- Class 12th Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- 10+2 Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Caste certificate
- PwD Certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Provisional Seat allotment letter
- JEE Main 2018 score card
- Fee receipt