PTU 2018 Application Form notification has been released on 10th May 2018. The Punjab Technical University will organize a centralized counselling process to offer admission in different Under Graduate & Post Graduate courses. The counselling process will be organized by the I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar. PTU does not conduct any entrance test for admission in this university and its affiliated colleges. The JEE Main 2018 Score and NATA 2018 Score will be used for admission into B.Tech & B.Arch courses respectively. you can find here complete details about the PTU Application form 2018, Date of release, how to apply and eligibility criteria for PTU 2018 Admission.
PTU Application Form Updates 2018
Candidates can now pay fee for Online Centralized Counselling (2nd round) till 16th June. Get the link below.
The IKGPTU will release the application cum admission form for the candidates in online mode on 15th June 2018 For Round 2.
PTU Application Form 2018
Applicants are advised to read all the instructions and conditions set by the Punjab Technical University before filling the PTU Application Form 2018.
- Applicants can apply online for the PTU Admission 2018 by clicking on the link given below.
- The application form for PTU 2018 will be released online on the official website of PTU, there will be no offline mode available to fill the application.
- Applicants are required to fill their personal information, educational details, communication, etc.
- To make any changes or to correct mistakes made in PTU Application Form the applicant has to contact the admission cell physically at Punjab Techincal University before the last date.
- Applicants are advised to take a printout of the registration form as it will be used during counselling process.
- The official website of PTU is: https://ptuadmissions.nic.in
Application Fee of Rupees 2000/- has to be paid by the candidate for filling the PTU Application Form. Candidates can also pay the fee through online mode (Net Banking, Credit Card or Debit Card) or offline mode (HDFC Bank Challan). The application fee is non-refundable. Click here to Pay the Counselling Fee.
Punjab Technical University has set up different eligibility conditions for various courses. Candidates should check the eligibility criteria before filling the PTU Application Form. The PTU eligibility criteria for Engineering & Architecture courses are mentioned below:
|B. Tech||Pass/Appearing 10 + 2 Exam |
Diploma in any stream of engineering
Two year certificate course from SLIET
|Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry, Biotechnology, computer science & Biology.|
|B. Tech (LE)||Passed Diploma in any Engineering stream |
12th Examination with mathematics
Having B.Sc Degree
|Must obtain at least 45% marks (40% in case of reserved categories)|
|Architecture||Pass 10 + 2 or equivalent |
Diploma in 10+3 pattern with 50% marks in aggregate.
|Secure not less than 50% marks.|
PTU 2018 Dates
Candidates can find the tentative examination schedule of PTU Application 2018 in the table below:
|Issue of Notification||10th May 2018|
|Starting with registration for Counselling/Admission||10th May 2018|
How to Apply for PTU
To apply for PTU 2018 Admission Process, candidates can follow the below steps given for PTU How to Apply:
- Open the PTU official website: – Click Here
- Click on the link ‘New Registration’ and select the course for which you want to apply.
- Complete Registration Form by entering details such as qualifying exam roll number, password, etc.
- After registration, Click “Fee Payment for Centralized Online Counselling for session 2018-2019”.
- Carefully Read all the instruction and select the checkbox and click on “Registration for Fee Payment”.
- You will receive a confirmation email and SMS of registration.
- Choose the payment mode and make payment of registration fee.
- Fill your personal, qualifying exam, address and other required details.
- Fill the choices of colleges and courses for admission.
- Take the print out of the filled-in application form for future references.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
Question: Can one candidate apply for more than one course?
Answer: Yes, you can apply.
Question: Can I get the PTU Admission/Application Form 2018 via offline mode?
Answer: No, PTU application form will be released via online mode only.
Question: Do I need to pay twice for participating in other counselling rounds?
Question: How can I pay the application fee?
Answer: Candidates can pay the application fee via online and offline mode. You can check detailed process from above section.
Question: In case I did not appear in any counselling round. The counselling fee will be refunded or not?
Answer: No, the counselling fee is non-refundable.
Question: When will be the admission process starts?
Answer: The PTU Admission 2018 process has started from 10th May 2018.
If you have any query about PTU 2018 Application Form, then you can leave your queries in the comment box.