PTU 2018: Inder Kumar Gujral Punjab Technical University (IKGPTU) is commonly known as Punjab Technical University (PTU) and it is a state university situated in Punjab. This IKGPT University does not conduct any entrance exam for admission into programmes like B.Tech, M.Tech. B.Pharm, M.Pharm, B.Arch courses in the university itself & its affiliated colleges. It only conducts online centralized counselling. PTU 2018 admission to engineering courses is done on the basis of JEE Main 2018 exam score and to Architectural courses on the basis of NATA Score. The centralized counselling is conducted by IK Gujral Punjab Technical University, Punjab for allotment of seats into the B Tech courses offered by the participating institutes. The Punjab Technical University also conducts entrance exams for some courses like MBA, M.Sc (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Food Science & Technology) & MA Journalism. Find here complete details about the PTU 2018 Admission Process, Exam Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria etc.
PTU Admission Dates and Updates 2018
The result of PTU Admissions Seat Allotment will be released on 20th June 2018 at 3 PM. Click here to know your result!
Subscribe For Latest Updates
|Lovely Professional University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
PTU Cut-offs 2018 Have been released – Click here to check.
The Registration for Round 2 has been closed on 18th June 2018.
The Last date for the Fee submission for 2 Round was 16th June 2018.
PTU Registration for 2nd Round has started from 15th June 2018.
The seat Allocation result for Round 1 will be released today at 3:00 PM.
The Fee Deposition for Centralized Online Counselling of PTU B. tech admissions 2018 2nd Round has started.
The PTU Counselling schedule 2018 Has been released – Check here!
The IKGPTU has released the application form for admission to B.Tech programme on the basis of 10+2 and JEE Main 2018 score. Candidates who are willing to apply for the same need to visit the “PTU Application Form 2018” section given below.
For Courses Under Centralized Counselling:
|S.No||Events||Round 1(On the basis of JEE Main 2018 score)||Round 2(On the basis of JEE Main 2018 score)||On the basis of 10+2 marks|
|1.||Deposition of Counselling Fee||10th May – 4th June 2018||7th – 16th June 2018|
|2.||Start of Registration||1st – 6th June 2018||15th – 18th June 2018|
|3.||Choice Filling||Choice filling will start simultaneously||Choice filling will start simultaneously|
|4.||Preparation of Ranks||JEE Main Rank will be followed||JEE Main Rank will be followed|
|5.||Result of Seat Allotment||8th June 2018||20th June 2018|
|6.||Reporting at Allotted Institutes||9th – 13th June 2018||21st – 25th June 2018|
PTU Admission/Application Form 2018
- The Punjab Technical University had published a notification about the PTU application on the 10th of May 2018.
- The PTU had opened the Registration window for centralized counselling in the month of May 2018.
- PTU organizes centralized counselling for Punjabi University, Maharaja Ranjit Singh State Technical University & Punjab Agricultural University.
- PTU Admission Form 2018 had been released online only by the Organizing Authority.
- Candidates are advised to fill the admission form online & pay the fee.
To apply for the B.Tech 2018 Programme– Click Here
The PTU entrance examination fee was Rs. 500 and for SC/ST Candidates Rs. 250. Also, candidates had to submit a non-refundable fee of Rs. 2000 for the counselling process. The Counselling fee could be paid through online (net banking, credit or debit card) or offline (cash at the Bank after generating the Challan) mode.
Note: Only Visa & Master Card will be accepted.
The eligibility criteria set by PTU is different for every particular course. Appearing candidates can also apply.
|B.Tech||Qualifying Exam: Pass 10+2 examination or Diploma from any engineering stream or Two-year certificate course from SLIET.
Subjects: Qualify 12th exam with Mathematics & Physics as main subjects along with one of the given subjects: Biotechnology, Chemistry, Biology & Computer Science.
JEE Main Score Card: Valid JEE Main Score Card 2018.
|B.Tech (Lateral Entry)||Qualifying Exam: Pass Diploma in any Engineering stream or 10+2 exam or B.Sc degree.
Subjects: Qualify 10+2 exam with Mathematics.
Minimum Marks: Secure at least 45% marks (40% for SC/ST category).
|B.Arch||Qualifying Exam: Pass 10+2 or equivalent examination or 10+3 years Diploma from any stream.
Minimum Marks: Secure at least 50% marks in aggregate in the qualifying exam.
NATA Score Card: Valid NATA 2018 Score Card.
|M.Tech||Qualifying Exam: Pass B.E/B.Tech degree.
Minimum Marks: Qualify B.E/B.Tech exam with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC/ST category).
GATE Score Card: Valid GATE Score Card.
|MBA||Qualifying Exam: Pass three years duration bachelor degree.
CMAT Score Card: Valid CMAT Score Card.
|B.Pharm||Qualifying Exam: Passed 10+2 examination.
Subjects: Qualify 10+2 exam with Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subject along with one of the Mathematics/Computer Science/ Biology/Biotechnology or equivalent.
|B.Pharm (Lateral Entry)||Qualifying Exam: Pass Diploma in Pharmacy.
Minimum Marks: Secure at least 45% marks (40% marks in case of SC/ST category).
|MCA||Qualifying Exam: Pass 3 years Bachelor Degree.
Subjects: Qualify above exam with Mathematics/ Business Mathematics /Statistics/ Business Statistics / Quantitative Techniques as Compulsory / Optional / Additional paper as one of the subjects either at 10+2 or at Graduation Level.
|MCA (Lateral Entry)||Qualifying Exam: Pass 3 years Bachelor Degree in B.Sc (Computer Science/IT), BCA.
Subjects: Qualify above exam with Mathematics as a course at 10+2 level or at Graduate Level.
Minimum Marks: Score at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of reserved category).
|M.Pharmacy||Qualifying Exam: Pass B.Pharma or equivalent.
Minimum Marks: Secure minimum 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST category).
- All the rules and regulation about seat reservation are subject to the government of Punjab.
- 85% seats are being reserved for the candidates, who are the permanent residence of Punjab state.
- 15% seats are being reserved for the candidates who belong to the outside state of Punjab.
- If there exist, candidates who belong to any reserved category, then those candidates are eligible to make a claim for seat reservation.
PTU Counselling 2018
- The PTU university organizes a joint counselling with representatives from all the other participating universities.
- PTU 2018 Counselling registration had begun from the 1st June 2018.
- Applicants first have to pay the counselling fee i.e 2000 Rupees & then may continue to fill the online enrollment form.
- PTU had announced the complete counselling schedule and procedure in the 1st week of May 2018.
- A candidate can withdraw from the counselling process within 7 days before the counselling process ends, then the counselling fees will be refunded but a deduction of not more than Rs. 1000 processing fee will be done.
- In case, if any candidate does not make to the first round of counselling, then they can participate in the second round of counselling.
- If some seats are available after first & second round of counselling or any drop out vacancy, then the vacant seats will be filled by the institutions under management quota.
- The Punjab Technical University will also organize the 3rd round of online centralized counselling.
During the PTU counselling registration, candidates have to fill their choices of courses & colleges under University. Candidates will fill their choices of colleges & streams according to their preferences. After selecting the courses & colleges, candidates must take the print copy of the list of choices for further reference. The allotment of seat will take place on the basis of the candidate category & merit list prepared by the PTU on the basis of entrance exam result.
PTU 2018 Result
After the successful completion of counselling procedure, the PTU 2018 result will be announced by the university. Qualified candidates will be informed through SMS about seat allotment. Qualified Candidates can then log in to their PTU account & get complete details regarding the allotment of seats. Candidates, those who are allotted a seat must keep the print copy of the provisional allotment letter of the allotted college/course.
PTU Admission 2018
After the release of the result, the PTU 2018 admission procedure will commence. Qualified Candidates have to report to the allotted college at the time allotted by the University in Allotment Letter. Admission to B.Tech courses will be done on the basis of JEE Main 2018 Score and Rank. If any seats still remain unfilled, then the seat allotment will be done on the basis of the inter-se-merit of the qualifying examination. B.Arch admission will be based on NATA score. The admission into B.Tech (LE) course will be based on the merit list of the qualifying examination. Candidates who wish to get admission into other courses will get admission on the basis of the inter-se merit of qualifying examination.
Documents Required at the time of Admission
Candidates have to produce the given documents in original at the time of admission:
- 10th & 12th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Diploma certificate (if applicable)
- Category certificate
- Character Certificate
- Allotment Letter
- Residence Certificate
- Counselling Fee Deposit Slip
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Two recent passport size photographs
- JEE Main 2018 Score Card (If Applicable)
- NATA 2018 Score Card (If Applicable)
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
Question: Which Universities will be participating in the PTU centralized counselling?
Answer: The participating universities in PTU Counseling are:
- I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh State Technical University, Bathinda
- Punjabi University, Patiala
- Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
Question: For which programs centralized counselling will be carried?
Answer: It is conducted for B.Tech, B.Tech (LE), B.Arch, MBA, M.Tech, B.Pharm, B.Pharm (LE), MCA, MCA (LE), M.Pharmacy offered by the PTU & its affiliated colleges.
Question: How can I participate in the PTU 2018 Centralized Online Counselling?
Answer: Candidates have to register for the PTU counselling & pay the counselling fee.
Question: What is the amount that I have to pay for PTU counselling registration?
Answer: Candidates have to pay Rs. 2000 as a counselling fee.
Question: What are the various methods to pay the PTU counselling fees?
Answer: Candidates can pay the counselling fee through online or offline mode. Check the application fee section above for more details.
Question: Is there any need to pay twice to participate in both counselling rounds?
Answer: No. There is only one-time payment. If you have paid the counselling fee in the 1st round of counselling, then there is no need to pay the fee again in the 2nd round of counselling.
Question: Can a candidate appear for both rounds of Counselling?
Answer: Yes. If you are not satisfied with the allotted seat, then you can participate in the 2nd round of counselling.
Question: How can I register for counselling?
Answer: You can register for the counselling through online mode. Check the admission form section above for more details.
Question: How do I know about the result & which college is allotted to me?
Answer: Candidates will be informed via SMS about seat allotment. Log in with the Username and Password & check details about seat allotment & college.
Question: How to lock filled choices? Will it be locked by the system automatically?
Answer: Yes. When you have filled the choices, you have to save them and then after the completion of time system will automatically lock them.
If you have any query about PTU Exam 2018, then you can leave query in the comment box.