So, here is a great news for JEE, NEET UGC-NET, management and pharma aspirants. On August 30th, 2018, NTA has announced that from next year onwards, the test practice centres will convert into teaching centre. Students who can’t afford to pay the hefty amount of fees at the private coaching institutes can get here coaching and guidance free of cost.
Aspirants can avail free coaching at government teaching centers for JEE entrance test for IITs and NEET entrance exam for medical studies. Apart from medical and engineering, the coaching will also be provided for UGC-NET, management and pharma entrance exams.
JEE Main 2019 Application form available from September 1, 2018 – Click here
According to reports, the government plans to convert nearly 2697 test practice centres across the country into teaching centers, which will conduct mock tests and provide free coaching to students for prestigious higher education entrance tests. The practice centres will start conducting mock tests from September 8, 2018 this year, but free coaching facility is expected to begin from May next year
A senior official of ToI quoted saying that “Government plans to convert these practice centres into teaching centres. They will not charge any fees and so will be especially helpful for talented students from sections where aspirations are high but private coaching is impossible due to financial constraints”.
This move is likely to hit the private coaching institutes, who charge hefty coaching fees from students. The government wants to break the nexus of expensive private coaching institutes that deprives the students from underprivileged sections and rural and semi-rural areas.
To know how it will work, read below
- Registration for practice centres through a mobile app or NTA website will start from Sep 1, 2018 and continue till Sep 30, 2018.
- At first, registered candidates will take mock test for the forthcoming JEE Main Exam 2019.
- After mock tests, aspirants can analyse their results with NTA mentors and rectify their mistakes at these centres. They will have to register for slots at the centres through the mobile app or NTA website.
- Free coaching component at the centres will be rolled out only after the first set of exams ending May 2019
- NTA will launch a mobile application to help an aspirant identify the centre closest to his or her location.
In a recent reform, the HRD ministry has formed NTA to conduct entrance and competitive examinations like UGC NET, NEET, JEE and management and pharma entrance exams. Recently, NTA has announced the dates of competitive exams to be conducted till May 2019.