2019 is the year of change and one of the most recent changes in education has been made in the entrance examinations. The major national level examinations that were earlier conducted by the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) will now be conducted by NTA or the National Testing Agency.
National Testing Agency is a set up as an Autonomous and self-sustained organization that is going to conduct national level tests on a voluntary basis for the conduct of independent tests. The National Testing Agency has been established to develop and promote standard in educational and professional testing and assessment. CBSE has prepared a model for NTA which suggests the objectives, structures and functions of the agency.
Students graduating from the higher secondary system and seeking admission to professional programmes of study at the undergraduate level in higher education appear in a multitude of entrance examinations. These examinations like JEE Main, NEET, CMAT, GPAT and UGC NET that are conducted at the national level hold a lot of importance in deciding the career of the candidate.
NTA JEE Main 2019 Practice Tests
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will now be conducting the JEE Main and NEET twice in a year. All the exams will be conducted in fully computer-based mode. There will be no offline pen-paper based exam. For candidates who have never taken the computer-based mode of the exam, NTA will be conducting practice tests before the examination. These tests will help JEE and NEET aspirants who have never taken a computer-based exam before to know the full working of an online exam.
NTA JEE Main 2019 Test Practice Centres
There will be a number of practice centres where the candidates will be able to take the practice tests. These centres will be set up in different colleges and will be operating an e-examination halls consisting of hardware and system software and necessary support.
NTA will also establish a network of test practice centres for students of rural areas so that everyone will have an opportunity to practice before the exam. Schools/engineering colleges with computer centres would be identified and kept open on Saturday/Sunday starting from 3rd week of August. Any student will be able to use the facility free of charge.
Procedure for Online NTA JEE Main Practice Test 2019
The online NTA JEE main 2019 practice tests will be held in test centres located at various places. Know the full procedure below:
- Candidates will be first required to register and fill out the NTA JEE Main 2019 application Form.
- Then, the candidate will be required to take a print out of the application form and take it to the practice center for verification.
- After verification, students will be taking the online computer based practice tests.
Why take the NTA JEE Main 2019 is being conducted Online?
- The online mode of exam will ensure that high volume can be processed in a short period of time.
- It will eliminate the leakage of questions/question papers, post test malpractice of filling in the OMR sheets, late entry of students to cheat in the test, subjectivity errors on descriptive testing, etc.
- The online testing will also indicate the number of concepts being tested in a question item.
- In a short period of 3 Years, all the tests administered by NTA will be computer adaptive. This will completely eliminate the problem of cheating.
Online Practice Test for Special category
The National testing Agency has been set up for fair opportunity among all candidates including those with special needs. Therefore in NTA JEE Main online exam, NTA will arrange for various facilities with candidates with special needs. These facilities include additional time for taking the test, availability of scribe and technical advantages like bigger fonts texts and customized presentation colours.
The official brochure of NTA JEE Main 2019 will be released soon and more details about test practice centres will be issued. The list of test centres will also be released by NTA. Relevant information regarding same will be updated here soon.