NRA CET 2020: The new agency i.e National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will be formed that will conduct the Common Eligibility Test (CET) for all the competitive exams from 2021. Union Cabinet on 19th August 2020 approved the setting up of the NRA to conduct Common Eligibility Test. This is helpful for all the students who are preparing for government exams. CET will take place for the post of non-gazetted posts in the central government and public sector banks. Earlier the proposal was put forward by the Finance Ministre Mrs. Nirmala Sitaraman in the Union Budget 2020. NRA will work as a preliminary single-window agency to shortlist qualifying candidates and forward the list to SSC, IBPS, etc, to hold the mains. The system will be effective from the session 2021-22. The CET score will be valid for 3 years and there is no age limit in the number of attempts.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Important Points of Common Eligibility Test (CET)
- NRA will conduct the preliminary exam (Tier 1) in the form of Common Eligibility Test for:
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
- Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)
- Institute Of Personnel Banking Selection (IBPS)
- (Note: Earlier separate Pre+Main+Interview used to take place for these exams. But now under the CET, the preliminary exam of SSC, RRB, and IBPS will be combined. However, the Mains exam and interview will be held separately as it was done earlier. It means CET will work for only Pre Exam)
- Single Preliminary Exam For SSC, RRB, and IBPS from 2021.
- Separate NRA CET will be held for the Graduate, Higher Secondary, and 10th Plus Level exams.
- There is no age limit for appearing in Common Eligibility Test.
- The CET will take place in multiple languages. Thus facilitate people from different parts of the country to take the exam and have an equal opportunity of being selected.
- The final selection of the students will be done through separate specialized tiers (II, III, etc) of examination which shall be conducted by the respective recruitment agencies.
- CET score will be valid for the 3 years from the date of declaration. Scores will also be made available to the recruitment agency.
- Common Eligibility Test will take place twice a year and best performance of the candidates will be considered.
- Each district will have at least one examination centre.
- The syllabus will be common for the CET
Every year around 2.5 crore aspirants appear for 1.25 lakh government jobs. The government has taken such steps to ease the recruitment process. Thus NRA will streamline the selection process by conducting CET. For NRA the government has sanctioned ₹1,517.57 crores for NRA in which the expenditure will be undertaken over a period of three years. The expenditure includes the setting up examination infrastructure in the 117 aspirational districts.
NRA CET Syllabus
As per latest report, the cabinet has approved to form the NRA. Discussion regarding the exam pattern and syllabus is still needed to discuss. The syllabus is very important to prepare for the exam because SSC, RRB, and IBPS have a different pattern of syllabus. And since there will be common exam for all these exams, the syllabus plays an important role. For eg: SSC has advanced level of Mathematics whereas IBPS does not have. So steps will be taken after considering such facts and the syllabus will be displayed soon.
NRA CET Exam Pattern
Check out the exam pattern of NRA CET
- CET exam will be an MCQ based
- As per the qualification (Graduation, 10+2, 10th level), CET will take place
- The exam will be held in multiple languages.
- Scorecard of CET scores will be shared with the Central Govt, State govt, UTs, PSUs, and private sector
(Note: Exam Pattern will be out soon)
Benefits Of CET
CET is helpful for all those candidates who are preparing for the government exam. As we know the unemployment level in Indis is very high, thus to reduce the recruitment stress and to give chance to candidates, NRA is formed to conduct CET. There are lots of benefits of the exam such as:
- Candidates do not have to sit separately for these exams at the preliminary level.
- With CET, candidates do not have to spend money to fill up different applications for different jobs.
- Since the exam will take place in muti-language, it will encourage the youth across the nation to participate in this.
- Candidates do not have to fly to another city to give the exam. This is because CET will have the examination centre in each district. Hence, time and money will be saved.
Frequently Asked Question For NRA CET