National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting the National Council for Hotel Management Joint Entrance Examination (NCHM JEE) for the academic admission of 2019 session. Candidates, who are interested in applying for the NTA’s NCHM Joint Entrance Exam 2019, can start applying from the official website of NTA. The Application Forms have been released by NTA already and candidates can submit the application forms till 15th of March 2019. The NCHMCT JEE-2019 will be Computer Based Examination that will be held on 27th April 2019. The NCHMCT JEE is an annual entrance examination held for admission to B Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
In this article, read about the NCHM JEE 2019, its important dates, applying procedure, exam pattern, and complete admission procedure details.
NTA has released the NCHM JEE Application Form on 15th January 2019.
Check the Official Notification Below.
About NCHM JEE 2019
- The National Council for Hotel Management Joint Entrance Examination, commonly known as NCHM JEE, will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
- Earlier, Entrance Exam for NCHM was conducted by National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT).
- NCHM JEE will be a threshold for The Bachelor of Science Programme in Hospitality and Hotel Administration (B.Sc. HHA), which is offered jointly by, the National Council for Hotel Management and the Indira Gandhi National Open University.
- The Three-Year regular course prepares students with all the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently carryout supervisory responsibilities in the Hospitality Sector.
- NCHMCT JEE 2019 will be a Computer Based Standardized Test.
NCHM JEE Important Dates 2019
|1||Notification Release||9th November 2018|
|2||NCHMCT JEE Application Form Release||15th January 2019|
|3||Deadline for Submitting the Application Form||25th March 2019|
|4||Last Date of Application Fee Payment||26th March 2019|
|5||Admit Card Release||3rd April 2019 onward|
|6||Date of NCHMCT JEE 2019 Exam||27th April 2019|
|7||Display of recorded responses and Answer Keys for inviting challenges on NTA’s website||TBA|
|8||Declaration of Result on NTA’s website||15th May, 2019|
|9||Further Admission Procedures||May 2019|
NCHM JEE Eligibility Criteria 2019
Candidates will be required to clear certain parameters in order to apply for the NCHM JEE 2019. The NCHM JEE Eligibility Criteria has been set for by the exam conducting authority to maintain a specific standard with the student resource that will be applying for the NCHM JEE 2019. The NCHMCT JEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria is formulated considering certain factors including Qualifying Examination, Qualifying Age, Physical Fitness level, and so on.
Given below is the NCHM JEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria.
- Qualifying Examination – A pass in 10+2 system of Senior Secondary examination or its equivalent with English as one of the subjects is a must.
- Qualifying Subjects – Candidate must have passed English as a subject of study (core/elective/functional) in the qualifying examination.
- Those appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear in NCHM JEE-2019 on provisional basis.
- The offer of admission is subject to verification of original certificates/documents at the time of admission. If any candidate is found ineligible at a later date even after admission to an Institute, his/her admission will stand cancelled.
- Qualifying Examinations for NRI/OCI/PIOs – Plus two level examinations in the 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education of any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) or State Boards of Secondary Education (SBSE).
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University. General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in a foreign country recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education.
- S.C. Vocational Examination approved by NCVT and SCVT of concerned State. Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School 2 with a minimum of five subjects including English as one of the subjects, result of which should be available up to 30.09.2019.
- Age Limit – For candidates from General and OBC categories, upper age limit is 25 years as on 01.07.2019. Candidates born on or after July 01, 1994 are eligible.
- In the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates, upper age limit is 28 years as on 01.07.2019. That is SC/ST candidates born on or after July 01, 1991 are eligible.
- Upper age limit for Physically Challenged candidates shall be reckoned as per the category he/she belongs to i.e. General/SC/ST/OBC.
- Physical Fitness – All qualified candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate of carrying out practical classes as required in the Course at the time of admission from a Registered Medical Practitioner.
NCHM JEE Application Form 2019
The Application Forms for National Council for Hotel Management (NCHM) has been released by the authorities in the official website of NTA. To successfully register, candidates can follow the steps given below.
Registration and Updating Application Form
- Candidates first has to Register for Online Application Form and note down system generated Application Number.
- The candidate should supply all the details while filling the Online Application Form and is also required to create PASSWORD and choose Security Question and enter his/her Answer.
- After successful submission of the personal details, Application number will be generated and it will be used to complete the remaining Steps of the Application Form and will also be required for all future correspondence.
- For subsequent logins, candidate will be able to login directly with the respective system generated Application Number and created Password.
- Complete the Application Form Candidate can login with the system generated Application Number and created Password for completing the Application Form.
Upload Scanned Images of Candidate Photograph and Candidate Signature.
- Scanned photograph and signature should be in JPG/JPEG format.
- Size of scanned photograph should be between 10 kb to 200 kb.
- Size of scanned signature should be between 4 kb to 30 kb.
- The photograph should be coloured or black/white (but clear contrast).
Payment by Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking/e-Challan: The candidate has to select Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking option to pay the application fee and follow the online instruction to complete the payment of fee. After successful payment, candidate will be able to print the Confirmation Page. In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled and amount will be refunded to the candidate’s account. However the candidate has to make another transaction, in case the Confirmation Page is not generated.
NCHM JEE Test Centers 2019
|18||Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
NCHM Exam Pattern 2019
|S. No.||Subject||No. of Questions||Duration|
|1||Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude||30||3 Hours|
|2||Reasoning and Logical Deduction||30|
|3||General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30|
|5||Aptitude for Service Sector||60|
|Marking Scheme for MCQs ||Correct Answer – Four mark (+4)Incorrect Answer – Minus one mark (-1) Unanswered/Marked for Review – No mark (0)|
NCHM JEE Syllabus 2019
The Syllabus for NCHM JEE 2019 includes topics from Numerical Ability and Analytic Aptitude, Reasoning and Logical Deduction, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, English Language, and Aptitude for Service Sector.
From Numerical Ability and Analytic Aptitude, candidates can expect questions from Elementary Mathematics, Arithmetic, Number Systems, Square Roots, Cube Roots, Fractions and Decimals, HCF and LCM, Simplification, Variation, Chain Rule, Ratio and Proportion, Average, Logarithms, Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Percentage calculation, Profit and Loss, Calculate areas and volumes, Unitary Method Questions, Age Questions, Clocks & Calendar related questions, Speed (of cars, trains etc.) related questions, Time and Distance related questions, and Work and Wage related questions.
From Reasoning and Logical Deduction, candidates can expect questions from Analytical Reasoning, Direction and Distance related questions, Linear Arrangement, Complex Arrangement, Coding and Decoding, Series, Blood relations related questions, Symbols and notations, Alphabet Test, Data interpretation, Syllogism, Statements assumptions, Statements arguments, Statements conclusions, Statements action, Problems based on Symmetry, and Problems based on Visual Ability.
From General Knowledge and Current Affairs, candidates can expect questions from Books and authors, Famous personalities, Currencies, Animals, Inventions and discoveries, Languages, Music, Dances, World Organizations, Disasters, Statistical data of the World, Prizes and awards, Fashion Events, Solar System, Earth, Natural calamities, Sports.
From English Language, candidates can expect questions from Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Analogies, Spelling mistakes, English proficiency, Idioms and phrases, One word substitution, Sentence formation, Sentence completion, Sentence improvement, Sentence Reconstruction, Rearrangement of words in sentence, Rearrangement of sentence in paragraph, Paragraph formation, Paragraph completion, and Fill in the blanks.
NCHM JEE Admit Card 2019
Candidates will be asked to download a piece of document known as Admit Card to facilitate their entries inside the examination hall. The NCHM JEE 2019 Admit Card will consist of date, time, and venue along with the candidate’s personal information. The NCHM JEE Admit Card is an important document as without the document, the entry inside the NCHM JEE exam center will be prohibited. Candidates will be able to download the NCHM JEE Admit Card 2019 from the 3rd week of April 2019. The NCHM JEE 2019 Examination is scheduled to be held on 27th April 2019. The Admit Card for NCHM JEE 2019 will also include important instructions and guidelines for the candidates to follow on the day of the examination. The document is to be accompanied by another document which would act as an Identity proof of the candidate. The other document can be Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Driving License, or any other government issued ID.
NCHM JEE Answer Key 2019
NTA will release a Response Sheet of the candidates after a few days of the examination. The Response Sheet will include all the questions that a particular candidate attempted along with his/her response and the correct answer. Candidates can check the correct answer and calculate their probable NCHM JEE Test Score by using the NCHM JEE Marking Scheme. The NCHM JEE Answer Key will be displayed in the official website of NTA and candidates can access their Response Sheets by entering in application number and password or application number and date of birth.
NCHMCT JEE Answer Key Challenge 2019
NTA will provide a facility for the candidates to challenge the NCHM JEE Answer Key after the release of the provisional NCHMCT JEE Answer Key 2019. Candidates can send their challenges via the official website portal for NCHM JEE Answer Key Challenge. Candidates might have to pay a certain amount of money per question he/she challenges. NTA will consider all the grievances once and re-release the NCHMCT JEE Answer Key which will be basis of the NCHM JEE Result.
NCHM JEE Score 2019
The result will be compiled on the basis of final answer keys. No grievance with regard to NCHM JEE 2019 Answer Key after declaration of Result of NCHM JEE 2019 will be entertained. The raw (actual) marks obtained by a candidate will be considered further for computation of the Result of NCHMCT JEE 2019. No score card will be dispatched to the candidates and the candidates are advised to download their score cards from the website. There shall be no provision for re-valuation/re-checking of the Score. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
About the Conducting Body
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India (GOI) has established the National Testing Agency (NTA) as an independent autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organization under the Society Registration Act 1860 for conducting efficient, transparent and international standard tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admissions to premier higher education institutions. NTA will conduct the National Council for Hotel Management Joint Entrance Examination 2019 (NCHM JEE-2019) in CBT mode for admission to the B.Sc. Course in Hospitality and Hotel Administration (B.Sc. HHA) across the Country.