Mumbai University (MU) Institute of Distance and Open Learning (IDOL) offers admission into various Post Graduate and Under Graduate Courses. On account of the Social and Economic consideration, a need for distance Learning was realized to impart education. The University of Mumbai established the Directorate of Correspondence courses in the year 1971-72. In the year 1993, the Directorate of Distance Education was upgraded as ‘Institute of Distance Education’. It thus acquired a status as a ‘University education’.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Mumbai University (MU) Institute of Distance and Open Learning (IDOL) invites application for B.A., B.Com., B.Sc., among the undergraduate courses and M.A., M.Com., M.Sc., M.C.A., PGDFM (PG Diploma in Financial Management) and PGDORM (PG Diploma in Operations Research for Management) programs at the postgraduate level. Admission to MCA Program is done through an entrance test while the candidates are shortlisted on the basis of merit for the admissions in other courses.
Interested and Eligible candidates have to fill the Application Form and should go through the eligibility criteria before applying for the Exam. The Application forms will be available on the official website of the University i.e. http://mu.ac.in/portal/distance-open-learning/. Admission to all the programs offered by the University will be done through online procedure. Candidates can check for the complete details once the official notification of this session will be released by the University. For more of the details regarding Mumbai University IDOL Admission 2019 go through the article from below.
Important Dates Regarding MU IDOL 2019
The official dates for the admission procedure will be available on the official website of the University. Candidates will have to keep themselves updated with the latest release of the Application Form. It is advised that they must keep visiting the website on a regular basis. The schedule will provide all the important dates and the events. It is important that once the dates are available, the applicant will have to save and download it so as not to miss any of the important events and the dates.
Find the tentative schedule of MU IDOL 2019 in the tabular format below. The official dates will be available once it is announced by the authorities.
|Start of the Online Application Form||July 2019|
|Last date to submit the Application form||August 2019|
MU IDOL Application Form 2019
Candidates can fill the details in their application for various courses through online procedure. Applicants should make sure of the eligibility and read the instructions before filling the form. The details provided, both personal and academic should be valid and correct as this information will be required for future references. Candidates are required to submit their Application Form before the scheduled date.
Points for Filling the Application Form:
- Candidates should go through the instructions carefully before Applying Online.
- Registration is required with valid personal and academic details.
- Log in for Online- Admission to a program.
- Phone number and Email ID provided should be correct for future correspondence.
- Registration should be done with a unique ID.
- Candidates will receive the username and password on their registered phone and email address.
- The link for the Application Form will be available only for the specified dates. Candidates should make sure that they complete their Application before the scheduled date.
- The Information provided in the Application Form should be relevant.
- Applicants will be required to upload their passport size photograph and Signature
- Filling online Application form doesn’t ensure the admission in the University.
- The final submission of Application Form will be after the payment of the Application fee.
- Please note that confirmation of admission is subject to the approval by the IDOL authority.
Payment of Application Fee:
The payment of fee can be made through any one of the following modes of payment:
- Online payment option through Debit/Credit Cards/Internet Banking
- Bank Challan of Bank of Maharashtra
Documents required for admission to all programs:
- The self-attestation of the documents will be required. In the case of false attestation, the candidate will be debarred from the University/Institute.
- Students are requested to scan their passport size photograph, signature, mark sheet of the qualifying exam and other documents as per requirements of the online admission process.
- The student from other college affiliated to the University of Mumbai who is transferring his/her admission to IDOL is required to scan & upload Original No Objection Certificate (NOC) of the current academic year from the concerned college and submit along with the Xerox copy.
- Work experience certificate of two years for admission into PGDORM and PGDFM only.
Documents enclosed along with the Application Form:
- Copy of Residence Proof
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- Three recent passport size photograph
- Two self-attested copies of proof of Date of Birth
- Identity card of the previous course (For old IDOL students only)
- Three self-attested copies of 12th mark-sheet
- Three copies of Bachelor Degree certificate (For M.A., M.Com., M.Sc. (Math) only)
Instructions for Eligibility Case Students:
- Candidates from CBSE, ICSE, DIPLOMA from MSBTE/ other states, NIOS, HSC Boards other than Maharashtra State, IB, CIE, D.ED and Degree from other than the University of Mumbai will have to obtain the Eligibility Certificate which will be issued online after approval from Institute of Distance and Open learning.
- Migration Certificate in original shall be submitted within 2 months from the date of admission in the respective department of IDOL.
- Equivalence certificate shall be submitted by the students wherever applicable.
Fees for Eligibility Case:
- Document Verification fees of Rs. 400/- will be charged if the candidate has passed his/her Board/University examination from other than Maharashtra State Higher Secondary Board/other than the University of Mumbai.
- Candidates will be liable for the Eligibility Fees of Rs. 220/- if they have passed their examination from Maharashtra State University and Diploma from MSBTE and Rs. 320/- for out of Maharashtra State Universities/Boards other than Maharashtra/Technical Boards of other State.
MU IDOL Eligibility Criteria 2019
|B.A. (Bachelor of Arts)||The candidate should have passed H.S.C. (Class 12th) or equivalent exam|
Should have passed for admission to F.Y.B.A. (First year BA) Course
|B.Com. (Bachelor of Commerce)||The candidate should have passed H.S.C. (Class 12th) or equivalent exam with commerce|
Should have passed for admission to F.Y.B.Com
|B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science)||The candidate should have passed H.S.C. (Class 12th) or equivalent exam|
Should have passed the three-year technical diploma examination
|M.A. (Master of Arts)|
M.Com (Master of Commerce)
|Candidate should have any Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University.|
The candidate should have a B.Com or BMS degree from any recognized university.
|MCA (Master of Computer Application)||The candidate should be a graduate in any faculty of a recognized University by UGC with minimum 45% marks (Minimum 40% for the reserved category) and Mathematics as a subject at class 12th or higher level.|
Should have cleared the entrance exam of MU IDOL.
|B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science)||The candidate must have passed the Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with the following subjects; English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
If the candidate has passed 11th standard before 1978 with English, Science and Mathematics, they are also eligible for admission.
The candidate should have sponsored by a shipping company through the respective association as an officer trainee in the nautical department for a minimum of twenty-four months of practical shipboard as approved seagoing service.
|Master of Arts (MA Education)||The candidate should have a B.Ed. or B.A. (Education) degree from any recognized university.|
|MA or M.Sc. (Mathematics)||The candidate should have a B.A. or B.Sc. Degree with minimum 2 papers in Math of University of Mumbai or at least 3 papers in Math from other universities.|
|M.Sc. (Information Technology and Computer Science)||The candidate should have Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from the recognized university.|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management||The candidate must hold a university degree in any faculty with 2 years working experience in any organization|
Must have recognized professional qualifications and at least five years professional experience
MU IDOL MCA Entrance Test 2019
Mumbai University Institute of Distance and Open Learning will conduct the entrance test of MCA 2019 through Distance and Open learning mode. The course duration is 3 years and admission will be on the basis of the entrance test. The official notification of session 2019 for MCA Entrance test will be released and the applicants can check the tentative dates from the table below:
|Starting of form Submission with e-payment||July 2019|
|Last date of submission of Application form with e-payment||July 2019|
|Date of Entrance test||Last week of July 2019|
MU IDOL MCA 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate should be a graduate in any faculty of a recognized University by UGC with minimum 45% marks (Minimum 40% for the reserved category) and Mathematics as a subject at class 12th or higher level.
- Those students who have appeared for final year and whose results are awaited are eligible to appear for an entrance exam.
MU IDOL MCA Admit Card / Hall Ticket
- Hall ticket for MU IDOL MCA Entrance test will be available in July 2019.
- The Applicant has to click “Print Hall Ticket” option in their Log in by entering their username and password.
- Admit cards will not be available by any other means.
- The address and location of the examination center will be mentioned on the Hall Ticket.