|Application Open for B Tech at UPES University||Apply Now|
The KVPY interview for eligible candidates is over and the final results are going to be announced soon. Keep visiting the official website for more information.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is a scholarship program that aims at encouraging young students to take up research in basic science. It is administered by Indian Institute of Science (IISc). The exam for the KVPY fellowship programme is conducted every year in the month of November and the interview for the same is held in between January to February. The Answer keys of the same will be released on the official website i.e. www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in within 15-20 days of aptitude test. The Results of KVPY 2018 are expected to be published in December.
Important Dates For KVPY 2018
Release of Admit card – 2nd week of October 2018
Exam date – 1st week of November 2018
Announcement of Result – 1st week of December 2018
Interview Round – 3rd week of January 2019
The results of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana 2018 will be released by IISc (Indian Institute of Science), Bangalore in the 1st week of December 2018. The result will be available for download online only.
- The result for the exam will be available online only. There is no other means to access the result.
- Candidates will have to visit the official website to view and download the result.
- A print out of the result is necessary for interview round.
KVPY Interview and Selection Procedure – Check Here
How To Access KVPY 2018 Result
- Go to the official website of KVPY i.e. www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in.
- Click on the link referred as KVPY 2018 results or Download KVPY 2018 score card.
- Login to your account with registered email id and date of birth/password.
- Click on the submit button. The result will be displayed on your screen.
- Check the result and click on Download button.
- Take a print out of the result.
Details On KVPY 2018 Score Card
The result/score card of every candidate will be valid for 1 year from the date of examination. The content of the score card will be as follows:
- KVPY application number
- Registration number of the candidate
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s photograph with his digital signature
- Candidate’s postal address and contact details
- Qualifying status
Normalization of KVPY 2018 Scores
Normalization of scores is a process to make sure that the candidates are neither advantaged or disadvantaged by the variations in the difficulty levels of the exam. This variation usually occurs when the exam is conducted in different slots.
In order to avoid any discretion in calculating the result of the candidates, the normalization process is used. One factor that is used in normalization is the percentile of the candidate. The percentile score of a candidate in a board or KVPY will tell us what percentage of candidates have scored below that candidate in KVPY. A Percentile score is a value of below which a certain percent of observations falls. For example, the 30th percentile is the value below which 30 percent of the observations will be found.
The percentile is calculated as:
100 x Number of candidates in the ‘group’ with aggregate marks less than the candidate/ Total Number of candidates in the group.
KVPY 2018 Merit list
Based on the marks obtained by the candidate, IISc will also publish a merit list in the descending order of marks. Candidates whose names appear on the list will be called for the interview round that will be held in the month of January 2019. The merit list will be published category – wise, with the names and application number of the candidate. Only those candidates who qualify the KVPY 2018 test will find their names on the merit list.