Kannur University was established in 1996 and located in Kannur, Kerala, India. The university is accredited by NAAC with ‘B’ grade. The objective of the Kannur University was to establish in the state of Kerala a teaching, residential and affiliating University, promoting the development of higher education in Kasargod and Kannur revenue districts and the Mananthavady Taluk of Wayanad District. Kannur University is a multi-campus university, at Kannur, Kasargod, Mananthavady, Payyannur, Thalassery, and Kanhangad.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Kannur University, School of Distance Education (SDE) offers different courses for admission. SDE offers admission to the following courses/Programmes:
|Name of the Programme||Name of the Course|
|B. A English|
|B. A History|
|B. A Economics|
|B. A Malayalam|
|B. A Political Science|
|B. Sc Mathematics|
|B. A (Afzal-Ul-Ulama)|
|B. Com (Co-operation)/Additional Optional (Cooperation)|
|Post Graduate Programmes||M. A Economics|
|M. A History|
|M. A English|
|M. Sc Mathematics|
|Certificate Programmes||Afzal-Ul-Ulama (Preliminary)|
Important Dates Regarding Kannur University Admissions 2018
The tentative date of the application form filling, last date of the application form submission without late fee and last date of the application form submission with late fee is given below in the table.
|Online Application Begins||Last week of August 2018|
|Last date of the Application form Submission without fine||Last week of September 2018|
|Last date of the Application form Submission with fine of Rs.200/-||Last week of October 2018|
|Last date of the Application form Submission with fine of Rs.1000/-||Last week of November 2018|
Kannur University Admission Eligibility Criteria
The candidates seeking admission to the courses offered by the university may check eligibility criteria and fill the Application form accordingly.
|Name of the Course / Programme||Eligibility for Admission|
|B. A English||Pass in Pre-Degree / Plus Two or Examination Equivalent thereto.|
|B. A History||Pass in Pre-Degree / Plus Two or Examination Equivalent thereto.|
|B. A Economics||Pass in Pre-Degree / Plus Two or Examination Equivalent thereto.|
|B. A Malayalam||Pass in Pre-Degree / Plus Two or Examination Equivalent thereto.|
|B. A Political Science||Pass in Pre-Degree / Plus Two or Examination Equivalent thereto.|
|B.B.A||Pass in Pre-Degree /Plus Two or Examination Equivalent thereto with a minimum of 45% marks for NonCommerce students and pass for Commerce students.|
|B.C.A||A pass in Higher Secondary Examination of the state or an Examination accepted by the University as equivalent thereto with Mathematics or Computer Science or Computer Application or Informatics Practices as one of the optional subjects.|
|B. Sc Mathematics||Pass in Pre-Degree /Plus Two or Examination Equivalent thereto with Mathematics as one of the subjects.|
|B. A (Afzal-Ul-Ulama)||Pass in Afzal-Ul-Ulama Preliminary / +2 / Pre Degree Examination|
|B. Com (Co-operation)/ Additional Optional (Cooperation)||Pass in Pre-Degree /Plus Two or Examination Equivalent thereto with a minimum of 45% marks for NonCommerce students and pass for Commerce students.
*Pass in B. Com Degree Examination (Additional Optional Co-operation- Certificate Programme)
* Eligibility / Equivalency Certificate issued by Kannur University shall be submitted along with the application in the case of courses other than HSE of Kerala / SSE of CBSE and ICSE.
|M. A Economics||Grading: Pass in B. A Economics with CGPA 1.5 or CGPA 2.00 (2008 Admission) in Part III. OR
Pass in B. Sc (Mathematics / Statistics) with CGPA 2.8 or CGPA 3.00 (2008 Admission) in Part III.
Non Grading: Pass in B. A. Economics with a minimum of 45% marks in Part III main (excluding subsidiaries). OR
Pass in B. Sc (Mathematics / Statistics) with a minimum of 70% marks in Part III (excluding subsidiaries)
|M. A History||Grading: Pass in B. A History with CGPA 1.5 or CGPA 2.00 (2008 Admission) in Part III.
Non Grading: Pass in B. A. History with a minimum of 45% marks in Part III main (excluding subsidiaries).
|M. A English||Grading: Pass in B. A English or Functional English with CGPA 1.5 or CGPA 2.00 (2008 Admission) in Part III. Pass in BA / B Sc with SGPA 1.5 in Part I English with three papers.
Non Grading: Pass in B.A. in English or Functional English with a minimum of 45% marks in Part III main (Excluding Subsidiaries) or pass in B. A / B. Sc Degree with a minimum of 45% marks in Part I English with three papers
|M. Com||Grading: Pass in B.Com / B.B.A / B.B.M / BBS with CGPA 1.5 or CGPA 2.00(2008 Admission) in Part III.
Non Grading: Pass in B.Com / B.B.A / B.B.M / B.B.S equivalent Degree with not less than 45% marks in Part III.
|M. Sc Mathematics||Grading: Pass in B. Sc (Mathematics) with CGPA 1. 5 or CGPA 2.00 (2008 Admission) in Part III.
Non Grading: Pass in B. Sc Mathematics with a minimum of 50% marks in Part III main (excluding subsidiaries).
|Afzal-Ul-Ulama (Preliminary)||Pass in S.S.L.C or Examination Equivalent thereto.|
Kannur University Application form
The Application form shall be available on the university website: www.sde.kannuruniversity.ac.in from last week of August 2018. The candidate can submit the application after remitting the admission fee.
A candidate can pay the admission fee by:
- By Chalan in Treasury [Head of Account 8658-00-102-96(27) KUS] or in SBI [Head of Account 109-010].
- Online payment through ‘SBI Collect’ (link available in the University Website).
- DD in favour of Finance Officer, payable at SBI, Kannur University Campus Branch(Thavakkara) (only for applicants outside Kerala).
Steps for filling the Application form:
The candidates have to follow below mentioned steps to fill up the application form for admission:
- Visit the above mentioned website of the university.
- Select the course for which seeking admission.
- Enter your full name in BLOCK letters.
- Enter your full address.
- Enter your Category (General/OBC/SC/ST)
- Enter your religion.
- Give your Educational Details.
- Upload a recent passport size photograph in the application form and the same photo to be attached with the print out of the application.
- Click ‘Register’ button only after verifying all details provided in the application.
- Take a print out of your application form.
After the application form submission:
The candidates have to do following things after the application form submission:
- Take print out of the application form and it is to be submitted to the University with all necessary documents on or before the last date.
- The candidate’s photograph printed in the application form is to be attested by a Gazetted Officer.
Documents to be submitted to the Kannur University
The candidates seeking admission have to submit below mentioned documents to the university at the time of admission:
- Printout of the Application form.
- Transfer Certificate (original).
- Chalan (original).
- Equivalency / Eligibility certificate issued by Kannur University is to produce in the case of courses other than HSC /SSE/CBSE and ICSE.
- Community Certificate in the case of candidates who claim relaxation in minimum marks prescribed for admission.
- Certificate of cancellation of registration in the case of candidates who registered for another degree programme under this University / Other Universities/ Institutions and thereafter discontinued the programme.
- One passport size photograph (same Photo which is uploaded in the application) and following documents.
|Course / Programme||Documents in Original (Qualifying Examination) *||Documents in Duplicate (attested)|
|BA Afzal-Ul-Ulama||+2 / Pre Degree /Afzal-UlUlama (Preliminary)||S.S.L.C, +2 / Pre Degree / AfzalUl-Ulama (Preliminary)|
|BA / B Sc / B Com / BBA / BCA||+2 or Pre Degree||S.S.L.C, +2|
|MA/M Sc/M Com||Degree Certificate and Mark Lists||S.S.L.C, +2, Degree Certificate and Mark Lists|
|Additional Optional Co-operation||B Com Degree Certificate||S.S.L.C, +2, B Com Degree Certificate|
|* those who have passed the qualifying Examination other than the Courses mentioned above are required to produce Eligibility / Equivalency Certificate of Kannur University.|
- The application with all documents shall reach the office of the Director, School of Distance Education, Kannur University, Thavakkara, Civil Station – 670002 on or before the date prescribed for closing of the online registration.
Additional Degree: Candidates who have qualified the graduate course / programme of Kannur University or other University shall be permitted to appear for another graduate programme provided he / she has undergone the prescribed programme for a period of not less than two academic years through the School of Distance Education by doing all the courses/papers of the programme.
Additional PG Degree: Candidates who have been awarded M Sc / MA Degree of Kannur University or other University which recognized is as equivalent to the Degree of Kannur University shall be permitted to appear another MA previous and final year Examinations subject to undergoing a further Course of study for a period of not less than two academic years through the School of Distance Education.
|Name of the Course / Programme||Yearly Fee|
|B. A English||Rs.1925/-|
|B. A History||Rs.1925/-|
|B. A Economics||Rs.1925/-|
|B. A Malayalam||Rs.1925/-|
|B. A Political Science||Rs.1925/-|
|B. Sc Mathematics||Rs.1925/-|
|B. A (Afzal-Ul-Ulama)||Rs.1925/-|
|B. Com (Co-operation)/ Additional Optional (Cooperation)||Rs.1925/- / Rs.1375/-|
|M. A Economics||Rs.4350/-|
|M. A History||Rs.4350/-|
|M. A English||Rs.4350/-|
|M. Sc Mathematics||Rs.4350/-|