Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test will be conducted in the offline pen and paper mode on 22nd April 2018. The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination (BOPEE) conducts the JKCET for admission to Bachelor’s of Engineering (B.E). This course is offered by Government and Private Institutes participating in this examination in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. J&KCET is a state level exam and will be held in the cities of Srinagar and Jammu. Read about ways to prepare for JKCET 2018 in the article below:
Check Eligibility For JKCET Exam
Recently the official exam conducting authority has released the information brochure on the official website and announced the dates related to JKCET 2018. Click here.
Since there is little time left for the exam to take place, candidates must begin the preparation for the same as soon as possible.
Here are a few tips on how to prepare for the exam for the best outcome:
- Pay attention in school – Earliest preparation can start by staying focused in school during class 11th and 12th during which most concepts that are a part of the JKCET 2018 question paper are covered.
- Manage your day – Chart out a time-table on daily basis. This will give you ample amount of time to study, take breaks and revise what you’ve studied.
Coaching classes – Aspirants who can manage time and want to join batch wise tuition centres can join coaching classes.
- Keep yourself updated – Keeping yourself in sync with previous years’ question papers will help become familiar with the concepts and pattern and will allow you to practice different questions simultaneously.
Practice mock test – There are various tests available for students who want to prepare themselves thoroughly. After completing the preparations, students can take timed-mock test and check whether they are able to complete the test in given time. Candidates can also go for online test series after they are done with the syllabus.
Clarify your doubts – Students must not forget to clear their doubts however small they may be. It is advisable for the students to approach their school teachers and coaching teachers whenever in need.
Eat healthy – Students must make sure that while preparing for exams they eat healthy and have a healthy sleeping pattern. The entire preparation will prove futile if you do not feel fit on the day of exam.
Check here for the JKCET 2018 Admit Card.
Sample papers provide an insight into the structure and exam pattern of JKCET 2018 examinations held before. It is always a good idea to check out sample papers and old question papers for thorough preparation. Students who have completed the syllabus and preparation can examine their grasp of concepts by buying sample paper books or check all the sample papers available online.
All the candidates who do not want to study online can buy preparation books from online stores or nearby bookstores. Students can practice subject-wise questions from these books. Here is a list of books recommended for the preparation of JKCET 2018:
- NCERT class 11th and 12th Physics books
- ABC Physics pradeep publications
- NCERT class 11th and 12th Mathematics books
- RD Sharma
- class 11th and 12th chemistry books
- Pradeep Objective chemistry
Every year lakhs of candidates take the JKCET exam. Only those who score a high rank and get their names on the merit list secure a seat in the engineering institutes of Jammu and Kashmir. For an efficient result, all candidates appearing in the exam must follow the above-mentioned steps.