|Manav Rachna University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Chandigarh University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Lovely Professional University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Bennett University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
JKCET 2018 will be conducted on 22nd April 2018. The exam will be held in pen and paper mode i.e. offline mode. All candidates who wish to pursue engineering at the undergraduate level must take this exam that will be conducted in Jammu and Srinagar.
Check Eligibility For JKCET Exam
All candidates who are taking the JKCET 2018 exam must know the pattern of the exam first. The exam pattern includes the duration of exam, type of questions, the marking scheme, number of questions and subjects that are a part of the exam.
The exam pattern for J&K CET 2018 is prescribed by the J&K BOPEE.
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode and candidates will be given a sealed booklet of questions.
- There will be total of 180 questions from 3 sections (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics)
- The questions will be of multiple choice.
- Total duration to take the exam will be 3 hours. Candidates can give each hour to each section depending on their speed.
- 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect response.
- It shall be the sole responsibility of the candidate to check the question paper booklet. In case the booklet has any missing page, a blank page or a damaged page, it will be the responsibility of the candidate to bring it into the notice of the invigilator and get it replaced by a new Booklet of the same series.
- Candidates must also make sure that the question booklet has a total of 60 questions per subject.
- Candidates are advised not to break the seal of the booklet until told to do so.
- Candidates should not write anything on the question paper except for their roll numbers. The paper for rough work will also be given in the booklet.
- The circle for the correct answer has to be darkened and filled completely in the OMR sheet. Incomplete or faintly marked circles will be rejected by the OMR scanner. Negative marks will be awarded in such a case.
- At the end of the exam, students will be allowed to take the question paper with them.
JKCET 2018 Syllabus
The J&K CET syllabus is also decided by JKBOPEE. The syllabus covers various topics from class 11th and 12th Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Candidates planning to take the exam can check the syllabus here:
JKCET Syllabus 2018 for Physics
|1||Physical World and Measurement|
|3||Laws of Motion|
|4||Work, Energy and Power|
|5||Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body|
|7||Properties of Bulk Matter|
|9||Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory|
|10||Oscillations and Waves|
|13||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|14||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|17||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|18||Atoms and Nuclei|
JKCET Syllabus 2018 for Chemistry
|1||Chemical Arithmetic & Atomic Structure|
|6||Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry|
|7||Solid State & States of Matter|
|10||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure|
|11||Chemistry of Representative Elements|
|12||Transition Elements including Lanthanoides|
|14||Nomenclature and Basic Concepts in Organic Chemistry|
|16||Organic Chemistry based on Functional Group – I|
|17||Organic Chemistry based on Functional Group – II|
|18||Organic Chemistry based on Functional Group – III|
|19||Molecules of Life|
JKCET Syllabus 2018 for Mathematics
|1||Sets, Relations and Functions|
|2||Complex Number, Linear Inequation, Linear Programming|
|3||Sequence and Series, Permutation and Combination & Binomial Theorem|
|4||Trigonometric and Inverse Trigonometry Functions|
|5||Matrices and Determinants|
|6||Limit, Continuity and Differentiation|
|7||Integration and Differential Equations|
|8||Straight Lines and Conic Sections|
|9||Statistics and Probability|
|10||Vectors and Three Dimensional Geometry|
Check here for the JKCET 2018 Preparation Tips and Sample Papers.
JKCET 2018 Exam Centers
The entrance test will be held in many cities in Jammu and Srinagar. Jammu and Kashmir BOPEE will be responsible for deciding the exam centers and the list of the same will be uploaded online on the official website. Candidates will be given a chance to select the exam center of their choice and the exam center allotted by the Board will be mentioned on the JKCET 2018 Admit Card. Requests made by the candidate to change the exam center will not be entertained in any situation.