Joint Admission Committee will organize JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2020 in the second week of July 2020 in an online mode. The counselling will be conducted only for the eligible candidates who have successfully got registered in 3 rounds including the Spot Round. Counselling of JAC Chandigarh 2020 will be held for providing admission to the candidates in various branches of the B.Tech course on the basis of JEE Main Result. During the counselling process applicants have to fill and lock their choices. The seats will be allotted on the basis of availability of seats, merit of the candidate and filling of choice.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
JAC Chandigarh Counselling Important Dates 2020
The tentative dates related to Counselling of JAC Chandigarh 2020 are given out by the Joint Admission Committee. Below are the important dates for the counselling process:
|Registration for JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2020||First week of June 2020|
|Final date to generate filled bank challan||First week of June 2020|
|Final date to deposit fee in SBI using challan||Last week of June 2020|
|Last date to register for JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2020||Last week of June 2020|
|Opening of Correction window for JAC Chandigarh Application form||First week of July 2020|
|Generating of final list of eligible candidates to fill the choices (only for reserved categories including Sports Category)||First week of July 2020|
Schedule for Round 1 of JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2020
|Filling of choices||Second week of July 2020|
|Result of Mock Counselling||Second week of July 2020|
|Locking of choices||Second week of July 2020|
|Allotment of seats||Second week of July 2020|
|Online submission of fees and participation in next rounds||Second to third week of July 2020|
|Final date to withdraw from Counselling||Third week of July 2020|
Schedule for Round 2 of JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2020
|Filling and locking of choices||Third week of July 2020|
|Allotment of Seats||Third week of July 2020|
|Online submission of fees and participation in next rounds||Third to fourth week of July 2020|
|Final date to withdraw from Counselling||Fourth week of July 2020|
Schedule for Round 3 of JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2019
|Filling and locking of choices||Fourth week of July 2020|
|Allotment of Seats||Fourth week of July 2020|
|Online submission of fees||Fourth week of July 2020|
|Reporting at Law Auditorium in private, P.U. Chandigarh for verification of document and payment of balance fees||First week of August 2020|
|Fianl date to withdraw from Counselling||First week of August 2020|
Schedule for Spot Round of JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2020
|Displaying vacant seats||First week of August 2020|
|Filling and locking of choices||First to second week of August 2020|
|Allotment of seats||Second week of August 2020|
|Personal reporting, verification of document and payment of balance fee (wherever applicable) at the allotted Institutes (for newly admitted/shifted candidates after the SPOT Round||Second week of August 2020|
JAC Chandigarh Counselling Procedure 2020
There are some simple steps that need to be followed for the JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2020 procedure and they are explained below:
Step 1 – Online Registration and Fee Payment
- Only those candidates who have qualified JEE Main 2020 can go for filling the Registration Form.
- Candidates need to pay an Application Fee while filling the form.
- Authentication will be required by the applicant and for this, they have to provide the following details:
- Mother’s Name
- Date of Birth
- JEE Main Roll Number
- JEE Main Application Number
- Applicants have to create their password and contact information like email id and phone number by using JEE Main Roll Number 2020 after they get successfully authenticate.
- Using the created credentials, the candidate has to log in where they will find their basic information Including their All India Rank which will be displayed on the page in read-only mode.
- The candidate now has to fill the online registration form by providing details like category, sub-category, total marks scored in the qualifying examination (Class 12th) as per the maximum marks and eligibility criteria, the place from where the candidate has qualified class 12th (Chandigarh or outside Chandigarh)
- After filling the online registration form of JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2020 with all the required details the applicant has to submit it and pay the one-time non- refundable registration fees through Net Banking/ Credit card /Debit card/ e-Challan.
Note – Aspirants who will successfully fill the registration form and pay the registration fee will be eligible for filling the choice of their college and branch of B.Tech course according to their preference.
Step 2 – Verification of Documents
The following candidates belonging to various categories must be present at the time of Counselling for JAC Chandigarh 2020 with their respective documents for verification purpose:
- Persons with Disability (PwD)
- Backward Class (BC)
- Terrorist/Riot Victim
- Freedom Fighter
- Kashmiri Migrant/Displaced Persons
- One Girl Child out of the only two girl children
- AIDS patient
- Thalassemia patient
- Cancer patient
- Kargil Martyrs
- Economically Weaker Section
- Border area
- Rural area
Schedule for reporting category-wise
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||First week of July 2020||9-10 am|
|BC*||First week of July 2020||10 am – 1 pm|
|EWS**||First week of July 2020||2-5 pm|
|Cancer/ AIDS/ Thalassemia Patients*||First week of July 2020||9-10 am|
|Defence||First week of July 2020||10 am -1 pm|
|Rural Area Students/ Border Area Students*||First week of July 2020||2-5 pm|
|Freedom Fighter||First week of July 2020||3:30 am – 5 pm|
|One Girl Child out of the only two girl children*||First week of July 2020||9 am – 1 pm|
|Kashmiri Migrants/ Displaced Persons||First week of July 2020||2-3 pm|
|Kargil Martyrs***||First week of July 2020||3-4 pm|
|Terrorist/ Riot Victims**||First week of July 2020||3-5 pm|
*Category available only in UIET/Dr. SSBUICET/UIET PUSSGRC
** Available only in UIET/Dr. SSBUICET/UIET PUSSGRC/CC
*** Available only in Dr. SSBUICET/CCET/CCA
Venue – University Law Auditorium, Panjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh
The candidate must carry the following documents along with them during the counselling process:
- Marks Sheet of class 12th and 10th
- Migration/Transfer Certificate
- Class X Certificate for Date of birth.
- Result card of JEE Main 2019
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Electronic Payment Gateway (EPG) receipt
- Character Certificate from the last attended institute
Schedule For Verification Of Documents For Reserved Candidates (excluding SC/ST candidates)
|Reporting for Sports Gradation for UIET, Dr. SSBUICET Chandigarh and UIET, PUSSGRC Hoshiarpur||First week of July 2020|
The venue for Document Verification: Gymnassium Hall, Punjab University, Sector-14. Chandigarh
Step 3 – Choice Filling
- The registered applicants have to submit the choices of Institute and B.Tech programme as per their preferences.
- Applicants can fill as many choices as they desire according to their preferences form the list of available choices.
- Also, candidates can change/re-order their choice, delete the previous choice made and add new choice as many times as they wish till the time when they finally lock their choices.
Step 4 – Mock Counselling
- At the time of Mock Counselling the candidate will be allotted seats which will be based on their filling of choices and registration received.
- It will be conducted to help the applicant in finalizing the seat which will be most appropriate for him/her.
- For this, Joint Admission Committee advises the candidate to check the website on regular basis.
Note: Candidates must keep in mind that the final seat allotment can be different from the allotment made during the Mock Counselling.
Step 5 – Locking of Choice and taking printout of the Locked choices
- After the final choice has been made by the applicant it is necessary for him/her to lock those choices
- The locking of choice must be done on or before the last date.
- After the candidate clicks the LOCK button it requires re-entering the password and confirmation of locking.
- Once the candidate locks the choice it cannot be changed or altered and at time of locking, a version of choices will be displayed along with the terms and conditions which were agreed by the candidate during the registration process.
- In case if any candidate unable to lock their choices on or before the last date then their previous saved choices will be locked after the last date automatically.
- The concerned authority requests the candidates to lock their choices before the given deadline and also to take a printout of it for the future references.
Step 6 – Spot Round
- The aspirant who fails to exercise the choices in any of the above-mentioned rounds will not be allotted seats. However, in order to allot a seat for himself/herself, the candidate will be eligible for Spot round after depositing an amount of Rs. 40,000 as Participation Fees.
- The candidate can log in again to check the locked choices but he/she cannot change or alter the choices made.