Joint Admission Committee will organize JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2021 in an online mode. The counselling is conducted only for the eligible candidates who successfully register in 3 rounds including the Spot Round. Counselling of JAC Chandigarh 2021 will take place to provide admission to the candidates in various branches of the B.Tech course on the basis of JEE Main Result. During the counselling process applicants have to fill and lock their choices. The allotment of seats is on the basis of availability of seats, the merit of the candidate, and filling of choice. For more details, keep on reading the article.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
JAC Chandigarh Counselling Dates 2021
The dates related to Counselling of JAC Chandigarh 2021 will be released by the Joint Admission Committee. Below are the important dates for the counselling process:
|Commencement of registration process||to be notified|
|Last date to generate bank challan||—|
|End date to deposit fee in SBI Bank using challan||—|
|Last date to register for JAC Chandigarh B.Tech admission 2021||—|
|Availability of correction window||—|
|Online Verification of Documents will be carried out (All reserved category last date)||—|
|Display of final list of Eligible candidates for filling of choices (only for reserved categories including Sports Category)||—|
JAC Chandigarh Counselling Procedure 2021
There are some simple steps that need to be followed for the JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2021 procedure and they are explained below:
Step 1 – Online Registration & Fee Payment
- Only those candidates who have qualified for JEE Main 2021 can go for filling the Registration Form.
- Candidates need to pay an Application Fee while filling the form.
- Authentication will be required by the applicant and for this, they have to provide the following details:
- Mother’s Name
- Date of Birth
- JEE Main Roll Number
- JEE Main Application Number
- Applicants have to create their password and contact information like email id and phone number by using JEE Main Roll Number 2021 after they get successfully authenticate.
- Using the created credentials, the candidate has to log in where they will find their basic information Including their All India Rank which will be displayed on the page in read-only mode.
- The candidate now has to fill the online registration form by providing details like category, sub-category, total marks scored in the qualifying examination (Class 12th) as per the maximum marks and eligibility criteria, the place from where the candidate has qualified class 12th (Chandigarh or outside Chandigarh)
- After filling the online registration form of JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2021 with all the required details the applicant has to submit it and pay the one-time non-refundable registration fees through Net Banking/ Credit card /Debit card/ e-Challan.
NOTE – Aspirants who will successfully fill the registration form and pay the registration fee will be eligible for filling the choice of their college and branch of B.Tech course according to their preference.
Step 2 – Verification of Documents
The following candidates belonging to various categories must be present at the time of Counselling for JAC Chandigarh 2021 with their respective documents for verification purpose:
- Persons with Disability (PwD)
- Backward Class (BC)
- Terrorist/Riot Victim
- Freedom Fighter
- Kashmiri Migrant/Displaced Persons
- One Girl Child out of the only two girl children
- AIDS patient
- Thalassemia patient
- Cancer patient
- Kargil Martyrs
- Economically Weaker Section
- Border area
- Rural area
Schedule for reporting category-wise
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||Notified Later||9-10 am|
|BC*||10 am – 1 pm|
|Cancer/ AIDS/ Thalassemia Patients*||9-10 am|
|Defence||10 am -1 pm|
|Rural Area Students/ Border Area Students*||2-5 pm|
|Freedom Fighter||3:30 am – 5 pm|
|One Girl Child out of the only two girl children*||9 am – 1 pm|
|Kashmiri Migrants/ Displaced Persons||2-3 pm|
|Kargil Martyrs***||3-4 pm|
|Terrorist/ Riot Victims**||3-5 pm|
*Category available only in UIET/Dr. SSBUICET/UIET PUSSGRC
** Available only in UIET/Dr. SSBUICET/UIET PUSSGRC/CC
*** Available only in Dr. SSBUICET/CCET/CCA
Venue – University Law Auditorium, Panjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh
The candidate must carry the following documents along with them during the counselling process:
- Marks Sheet of class 12th and 10th
- Migration/Transfer Certificate
- Class X Certificate for Date of birth.
- Result card of JEE Main 2019
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Electronic Payment Gateway (EPG) receipt
- Character Certificate from the last attended institute
The venue for Document Verification: Gymnasium Hall, Punjab University, Sector-14. Chandigarh
Step 3 – Choice Filling
- The registered applicants have to submit the choices of the Institute and B.Tech programme as per their preferences.
- Applicants can fill as many choices as they desire according to their preferences from the list of available choices.
- Also, candidates can change/re-order their choice, delete the previous choice made, and add a new choice as many times as they wish till the time when they finally lock their choices.
Step 4 – Mock Counselling
- At the time of JAC Chandigarh Mock Counselling the candidate will be allotted seats which will be based on their filling of choices and registration received.
- It will be conducted to help the applicant in finalizing the seat which will be most appropriate for him/her.
- For this, the Joint Admission Committee advises the candidate to check the website on a regular basis.
Note: Candidates must keep in mind that the final seat allotment can be different from the allotment made during the Mock Counselling.
Step 5 – Locking of Choice and taking printout of the Locked choices
- After the final choice has been made by the applicant it is necessary for him/her to lock those choices
- The locking of choice must be done on or before the last date.
- After the candidate clicks the LOCK button, it requires re-entering the password and confirmation of locking.
- Once the candidate locks the choice, it cannot be changed or altered. At the time of locking, a version of choices will be displayed along with the terms and conditions which were agreed by the candidate during the registration process.
- In case if any candidate is unable to lock their choices on or before the last date then their previous saved choices will be locked after the last date automatically.
- The concerned authority requests the candidates to lock their choices before the given deadline and also to take a printout of it for future references.
Step 6 – Spot Round
- The aspirant who fails to exercise the choices in any of the above-mentioned rounds will not be allotted seats. However, in order to allot a seat for himself/herself, the candidate will be eligible for Spot round after depositing an amount of Rs. 40,000 as Participation Fees.
- The candidate can log in again to check the locked choices but he/she cannot change or alter the choices made.
In case you have any queries or doubts, then ask us in the comment section.