ITEP Full Form & Details: Norms and Standards for Four Years Integrated Teacher Education Programme (Integrated Teacher Education Programme (ITEP) Sharing of Physical Resources with the other Departments of the University or College).
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Click here to Read NCTE ITEP Complete Details
ITEP – Integrated Teacher Education Programme
- The four years Integrated Teacher Education Programme (ITEP) Arts Stream and Science Stream is offered after Senior Secondary (+2) and aims at preparing committed, responsible and professional teachers. This programme is intended to result in a paradigm shift in teacher preparation. The curriculum of this four years integrated programme is designed inculcating the world’s best practices in the field of teacher education sector. This is a specialised course with intrinsic integration of pedagogy and content, along with sustained engagement with liberal disciplines of knowledge and field of education. Opportunity for vertical mobility of teachers is also visualised through this programme.
- This programme integrates general studies comprising Mathematics and Science, Social Sciences and Humanities and also professional studies comprising perspectives in education, other core education courses, curriculum and pedagogy of school subjects and practicum related to the tasks and functions of a school teacher. It maintains a balance between theory and practice and ensures coherence and integration among the various components of the programme. It is expected to equip the aspirant school teacher with the requisite attitude, skill and knowledge to address the challenges of becoming an effective school teacher.
- The programme shall be offered in the institutions which are composite institutions as defined in Clause (b) of regulations 2 of the National Council for Teacher Education (Recognition, Norms and Procedures) Regulation, 2014 (hereafter referred to as the principal regulation in this Appendix), on the date of making an application for this programme.
- The programme shall permit the sharing of existing physical resources in other Departments of the University or College or Composite teacher education institution.
- The time limits prescribed for inviting and processing of applications as provided in sub-regulations (5) and (6) of regulation 5 of the principal regulations shall be adhered to: if it is considered necessary that the time limits provided that sub-regulations (5) and (6) of regulation 5 may be relaxed after due consideration and after obtaining approval of the Central Government.
ITEP Full Form & Details
The Integrated Teacher Education Programme ITEP (Arts and Science streams) shall be of four academic years comprising eight semesters, inclusive of field-based experiences, teaching practice and internship. Any Student-teacher who is unable to complete any semester or appear in any semester–end examination, shall be permitted to complete the programme within a maximum period of six years from the date of admission to the programme with the approval of the Managing Committee.
Know More About ITEP Exam