The candidates who want to get admission to undergraduate B Tech and dual degree programme at Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology(IIST) for the year 2018 had to register and fill up the application form. Applicants could fill up the application form by visiting the official website. This article contains the information about the rank list of IIST Admission 2018.
IIST Admission Rank list has been published on 21st June. Get the Category wise ranks below!
Admission Rank List was released for all the candidates of IIST 2018 who satisfy all the eligibility criteria . Please note that IIST Admission Rank list has been prepared based on aggregate marks scored in JEE Advanced 2018 by the registered candidates. The rank list contains the names of candidates who are shortlisted for the counselling round.
The following tie-break rule shall be applied in case of same marks:
- Higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Mathematics in JEE Advanced 2018 exam.
- If this does not break the tie, higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who secured higher marks in Physics in JEE Advanced 2018 exam.
- If there is a tie even after this, higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who secured higher rank in JEE Main 2018 examination, in the respective category.
IIST has declaredd the rank list for admission to the undergraduate programme on 21st June 2018. Registered candidates will be able to view and download the rank list of 2018 by visiting the links below.
IIST 2018 Admission RANK LIST!
Procedure to Check and Download the IIST Rank List 2018
- Go to the official website www.iist.ac.in
- On the homepage, click on “Admission 2018”.
- Click on “Admission Rank List”
- Rank list category-wise will appear on the screen
- Choose the appropriate option and click on it.
- Check your name properly
- Download and take the print out of the same for future use.
To have an idea of the rank list, Candidates can have a look at the previous year(2017) rank list.
|S.No||Category-wise rank list||Link|
|1.||IIST B.Tech 2017 Common Rank-List including all categories||click here|
|2.||IIST B.Tech 2017 OBC Rank-List||click here|
|3.||IIST B.Tech 2017 SC Rank-List||click here|
|4.||IIST B.Tech 2017 ST Rank-List||click here|
|5.||IIST B.Tech 2017 PWD Rank-List|
IIST offers the following undergraduate programmes
No. of seats
|Duration of Course|
|1.||B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering|| |
|2.||B.Tech. in Avionics|| |
|3.||Dual Degree (B.Tech. and M.S./M.Tech.)*|| |
In the Dual Degree programme introduced in 2017, students receive on successful completion of the 5 year (10 semesters) programme, a B.Tech. degree in Engineering Physics and a M.S./M.Tech. degree in one of the following four streams.
- M.S. in Astronomy and Astrophysics
- M.S. in Solid State Physics
- M.Tech. in Earth System Science
- M.Tech. in Optical Engineering
Check here for the IIST 2018 Cut Off.
There is no option to exit the program with a B.Tech degree. The students will give their preference for the M.S./M.Tech. specializations at the end of the sixth semester. They will pursue one of the four specializations based on their academic performance (C.G.P.A) up to the sixth semester.