GCET Counselling 2018: The Goa CET Counselling for admission into Government and Private colleges/institutions of Goa has started to be conducted from the 17th May 2018. A merit list of candidates will be drawn based on their performance in GCET 2018 Exam and the priority is given to higher ranked candidates. Separate merit lists for special categories candidates will be released. Candidates seeking admission under a particular category have to produce corresponding caste certificates on the day of counselling. Through this article, the candidates will be able to know the detailed information on GCET counselling and seat allotment.
The last date for the first round of Admission of GCET 2018 is 22nd June 2018. View the details of the Counselling in this article.
GCET Final Merit List has been released- Click Here
The GCET provisional merit list for 2018 has been released – Click here
The Admission List for Engineering has been released on the 6th June 2018. Click here to view the list.
GCET Counselling 2018
The GCET Counselling is being conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa, the examination conducting body. The GCET Counselling first round had been conducted from 18-06-18(Mon) to 22-06-18(Fri) To participate in GCET Counselling 2018, Candidates need to have a valid cut-off score in GCET 2018 exam released by DTE apart from meeting the eligibility criteria prescribed by the admissions committee.
GCET Counselling Dates 2018
|S. No||GCET Counselling Event||Dates 2018 (Tentative)|
|1)||Releasing of admission form B/B1/B2||17th May 2018|
|2)||Last date to receive admission form||25th May 2018|
|3)||Display of eligibility list at admission center||6th June 2018|
|4)||Last date to submit grievances in eligibility list||8th June 2018|
|5)||Display of provisional merit list||13th June 2018|
|6)||Display of final merit list||15th June 2018|
|7)||Starting of the first round of admission||18th – 22nd June 2018|
|8)||Starting of the second round of admission||12th – 18th July 2018|
|9)||Starting of the second round of admission||9th – 13th August 2018|
|10)||Admission of vacant seats||Last week of September|
GCET Counselling Procedure 2018
- To participate in the GCET counseling, candidates had to fill the application form B/B1/B2 in their own handwriting duly signed by the candidate.
- The filled application form had to be submitted before the last date of receiving application forms.
- Candidates had to mention the category in the relevant application form in which they want admission.
- For different course, candidates had to fill the different application form (see the table below).
- On receiving the application forms, the admission authority had to release the merit list for the candidates.
- Candidates whose names appear in the merit list had to reach the admission center on the prescribed date and time released by the authority.
- On verification of original documents, the seats will be allotted on the basis of candidate’s rank.
- Candidates can report to the allotted colleges for the admission with the admission allotment letter before the specified date.
- Candidates are advised to keep themselves updated by visiting the official website – www.dtegoa.gov.in on a regular basis.
GCET Counselling Application Form
There are two forms for Goa CET(GCET) Counselling: Form A and Form B
- Form A is the Application Form to be filled in by the Candidate in person
- Form B is the Counselling Form to be filled during the Counselling process
For More Information see the Table below:-
|1)||Form A||Common Application Form to all candidate|
|2)||Form B||For Admission to Professional Degree courses.|
|3)||Form B1||For Admission to B.Arch Degree courses based on NATA.|
|4)||Form B2||For Admission to MBBS/BDS/BHMS/BAMS Degree courses based on NEET.|
The GCET Counselling 2018 will be held only once in three rounds by the official authority and the students need to attend the same as per the official schedule. The whole process of GCET 2018 counselling will be conducted in offline mode. There are various important stages which are associated with the GCET Selection Procedure 2018.
Filling up of the GCET Counselling Application Form (B/B1/B2):
Candidates must fill the following details
- Reg No – Registration number of GCET 2018.
- GCET No – An unique id provided to candidates
- Category – The category of student
- Name of Candidate
- Contact number of the candidate provided at the time of registration
- S.S.C details
- GCET Marks
- Candidate’s must affix one recent passport size photograph on the application form and one on the acknowledgement form.
Documents Required for GCET Counselling
- Certificate of residence for address proof
- Documents for relaxing period of residency
- Certificate for reserved category
- Class 10th Certificate or equivalent (as a proof of Date of Birth).
- School/College leaving certificate
- Eligibility certificate from Goa University (for applicants other than Goa state board)
- Income Certificate for Tuition Fee waiver
- Copy of GCET 2018 Admit Card
- Acknowledgement Card with photo
- Class 12th Marks Sheet and Passing Certificate.
GCET Physical Counselling Rounds
- Candidates must attend the counselling in person at the admission centre at the Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim according to the admission schedule.
- They must attend the counselling with the acknowledgement card, original documents and fees.
- Candidates will be allowed to select a seat of their choice in the order of their merit number.
- After submission of the original documents and payment of the specified fees candidates must report within three days of the grant of admission.
- They must obtain the acknowledgement card after submitting Counselling application form and fees for their admission.
- The admission of the candidate is provisional till he/she reports to the allotted institute with the admission card and complete their admission Process.
Important Highlights of GCET Counselling 2018
- The candidate must attend the GCET counselling in person along with the original documents and application form.
- After each round of GCET counselling, the list of selected candidates will be uploaded on the official website.
- Vacant Seats will be filled in subsequent rounds by general category candidates: For seats that remain unoccupied in a round, such seats will be filled in subsequent rounds.
- Candidates are advised to keep themselves updated by visiting the official website.