Joint Entrance Examination or JEE Main is considered as one of the toughest and most challenging national level examination. The examination for the academic session 2018-19 is going to be conducted in the month of April 2018 and there is not enough time for the students to prepare thoroughly. However, if the candidates prepare for the examination efficiently by following the correct preparation strategies, they will be able to crack the JEE Main 2018 and qualify it with flying colours.
Check Eligibility For NTA JEE Main Exam
Scoring high marks in the JEE Main is not a difficult task at all if you prepare for the same with full dedication. No matter how much time is left, if you use your little time in an efficient manner, you will be able to take the exam easily and score the desired marks. If you are confused about how to prepare for the exam in the few days that are left, you can read the article given below and know the best way to prepare for the examination
JEE Main 2018 is around the corner and candidates should starting preparing for the entrance examination as soon as possible. At this time, it is safe to assume that only 20-30 days are left for the examination to take place. Candidates must therefore know the exam pattern first which is the most crucial step to begin with the preparation.
Exam Pattern of JEE Main 2018
- JEE Main 2018 will be conducted in two parts – Paper 1 (for Engineering)and Paper 2 (for architecture).
- Paper 1 will have questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The exam will be conducted in both online and offline and online mode.
- The question paper will be of maximum 360 marks with a total of 90 questions.
- 4 marks will be awarded for every correct answer and 1/4th will be deducted for every wrong answer. There will be no deduction of marks for not attempting the question.
- JEE Main 2018 question papers will be in bilingual language including English and Hindi except for the candidates choosing exam centres in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Havel cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Havel cities. Candidates in these cities will also get a choice of Gujarati language
Tips to keep in mind to prepare for JEE Main 2018
- Pay attention in school – Earliest preparation can start by staying focused in school during class 11th and 12th during which most concepts that are a part of the JEE question paper are covered.
- Correct Time Management – There will be 30 questions from each section and candidates must give equal attention to all the subjects while preparing a timetable. You must spend quality time in preparation of each subject. Take a short break of 5-10 minutes after every hour to let your mind rest. You must make sure to indulge in other activities related to recreation during the break. Never discuss anything about your exam or syllabus during the break.
- Right Study Material – You should first know the correct syllabus to gather the correct study material. When searching for JEE Main study material, you will get a huge number of suggestions of books and other reference material. But you should ensure that you utilize your time finding the correct study material and don’t waste time going through the wrong ones.
- Previous Years Question Papers – To prepare for any examination candidates must have a look at the previous years question papers. JEE Main question papers of previous years will help you prepare well for your exam. It will help you manage your time and check your level of preparation.
- Take Mock Tests – JEE Main is not hard but a bit tricky. To perform well in JEE Main 2018, candidates must make sure that they practice the computer based online test at least once before the real examination. Once you are sure that you have covered complete syllabus, take JEE Main mock tests. By taking mock tests regularly, you will get a better understanding of topics. Also, it will also help you improve your speed and problem-solving skills. You will be able to develop the skill to attempt maximum number of questions with the highest accuracy.
- Stay healthy – The most vital step that candidates usually forget during the entire preparation is to maintain their health. You should avoid eating and sleeping at ungodly hours so that when you are actually taking the JEE Main 2018, you are perfectly healthy and take the examination without any panic.