Haryana has 175 institutions (33 Govt. + 4 Govt. Aided + 138 Self Financing) at present which have been approved by AICTE and affiliated to HSBTE. These polytechnic institutes are offering Diploma Courses in various disciplines of Engineering & Technology, Architecture, Business Management, Finance Account & Auditing, Hotel Management, Library & Information Science, Office Management & Computer Applications, Pharmacy, Para Medicals etc.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Haryana State Technical Education Society (HSTES) is inviting application from interested candidates for Diploma Entrance Test (Lateral Entry) 2018. Candidates who are willing to apply must visit the “application form” section of this article. Dates of the activity for Haryana Polytechnic Admission 2018 has been also released. visit the “important dates” section to have a look.
The Diploma courses are divided into three categories broadly viz. Diploma Engineering, Diploma Engineering lateral Entry and Diploma in Pharmacy. The different modes of selection for the three categories are given below:
|Course Name||Mode of Admission|
|Diploma Engineering||Merit of Secondary School Examination (Matriculation) or equivalent qualifying examination.|
|Diploma Engineering Lateral Entry||Inter-se merit of Lateral Entry Diploma Entrance Test, DET(L)-2018|
|Diploma Pharmacy||Rank based on the percentage of aggregate marks obtained in the qualifying examination in Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Mathematics and English.|
The entire admission procedure for the three courses shall include the following stages:
- Online Registration and Filling Application Form
- Verification of Documents at the designated centre. (for Diploma Engg. And diploma Pharmacy)
- Diploma Entrance Test DET (for Diploma Engg. Lateral entry only)
- Display of Inter-se- merit
- Counselling and allotment of seats
- Reporting at allotted institutes.
Important Dates For Admission Into Haryana Diploma Courses And DET(L) 2018
Important Dates and Updates
The official counselling authority has released the dates of the important events related to the Haryana Polytechnic Admission 2018. The dates regarding the same have been provided in the below-given table
|S. No||Events||Dates (announced)|
|1.||Availability of information brochure||12 April 2018|
|2.||Filling up of online application form of On-Line Entrance Test on website||25 April 2018|
|3.||Deposit of Entrance Test Fee either Online or through E-challan generated on website:||25.04.2018 to 17.05.2018 (Online)
26.04.2018 to 18.05.2018 (E-challan)
|4.||Availability of DET (L) 2018 Admit Card||23rd May 2018 (from 11 pm onwards)|
|5.||Conduct of Online Diploma Entrance Test (Lateral Entry)-2018||Online Entrance Test from 29.05.2018 to 01.06.2018|
|6.||Declaration of Result/ Unique Rank Declaration||6 June 2018 (after 5 pm)|
The Important dates for Haryana DET 2018 are given in the table below for Diploma Engg. and Pharmacy courses:
|Event||Diploma Engg.||Diploma Pharmacy|
|Availability of information brochure||12 April 2018||12 April 2018|
|Online Registration Starts||7 May 2018||7 May 2018|
|Online Registration Closes on||14 June 2018||14 June 2018|
|Deposit of Application Fee via online mode (debit card/ credit card/ net banking)||7 May 2018 to 14 June 2018||7 May 2018 to 14 June 2018|
|Offline mode of payment at any designated bank branch||8 May 2018 to 15 June 2018||8 May 2018 to 15 June 2018|
|Reporting of candidate at the selected Designated Center for Verification & Confirmation of marks of Qualifying Examination and other details filled in Online Application Form||8 May 2018 to 15 June 2018||8 May 2018 to 15 June 2018|
|Declaration of Inter-se-Merit/ Rank prepared on the basis of marks obtained in Qualifying Examination||20.06.2018 (After 5:00 PM)||19.06.2018 (After 5:00 PM)|
|Deposit of Counselling Fee either Online or through E-challan at any designated bank branch||21 July 2018 onwards||21 July 2018 onwards|
Haryana Diploma Entrance Test (Engg. and Pharmacy) 2018
The Counselling dates for Haryana Diploma Admission Test (DET) 2018 for Engg. and Pharmacy has been released. The information regarding the same has been provided below:
|S.No||Online Counselling Schedule||Diploma Engineering||Diploma Pharmacy|
|1st Counselling||2nd Counselling||1st Counselling||2nd Counselling|
|1.||Online registration, Filling of choices and locking of choices at||22.06.2018 to 26.06.2018||04.07.2018 to 07.07.2018||21.06.2018 to 25.06.2018||02.07.2018 to 05.07.2018|
|2.||Result of seat allotment||27.06.2018 (After 5:00 PM)||09.07.2018 (After 5:00 PM)||26.06.2018 (After 5:00 PM)||06.07.2018 (After 5:00 PM)|
|3.||Physical reporting of the candidates at the allotted institutes after deposition of semester fee at allotted institute.||29.06.2018 to 02.07.2018 (upto 05:00 PM)||10.07.2018 to 13.07.2018 (upto 05:00 PM)||27.06.2018 to 30.06.2018 (upto 05:00 PM)||09.07.2018 to 12.07.2018 (upto 05:00 PM)|
|4.||Updation of vacancy position by the respective institutes||29.06.2018 to 02.07.2018||10.07.2018 to 13.07.2018||27.06.2018 to 30.06.2018||09.07.2018 to 12.07.2018|
|5.||6Start of Session||09.07.2018|
|6.||Final cut-off date of all admissions (including institute level)||15-08-2018|
|7.||Final cut-off date for institutes for online uploading of institute level admissions on HSTES portal||16-08-2018|
Eligibility For Admission Into Haryana Diploma Courses | DET 2018
The Eligibility details for each of the three types of Diploma admissions are explained here.
- Passed 10th Std/ SSC Examination.
- Obtained at least 35% marks (33% in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes category or Kashmiri Migrants Category) at the qualifying examination.
- Compulsory pass in Maths and Science subjects in the qualifying examination.
Diploma Engineering Lateral Entry
The candidates who have any of the following qualifications shall be considered for DET(L)-2018:
- Passed ITI of at least two years duration (after 10th)
- 10+2 (vocational)
- 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Math (PCM)
- 12th class passed with NSQF level 4
Note the following points regarding the branches that candidates can apply for:
- The candidates having passed ITI of at least two years duration (after 10th) or 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Math (PCM) will be eligible for consideration in all streams of Diploma Engg.
- The candidates who have passed 10+2 (Arts/ Commerce) will be eligible for consideration in Non-Engineering Diploma Courses only. They are:
- Business Management,
- Industrial & Personal Management,
- Hotel Management,
- Accounts & Auditing,
- Library & Information Science
- Office Management & Computer Application
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 (Medical) will be eligible for Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology only.
- The candidates who have passed 12th class with NSQF level 4 or 10+2 (Vocational) will be eligible as per the compatibility of the course.
- Candidates with a Three-year diploma in the particular branch would be eligible to take admission in 2nd year of a different branch through lateral entry.
Diploma In Pharmacy
Minimum qualification: 10+2 from Board of School Education, Haryana, or equivalent examination from a recognized board/ university with 35% marks.
Eligibility: The candidate must have passed any of the following examinations with 35% marks and having passing marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology:
- Intermediate examination in science.
- First year of the three years degree courses in science.
- Regular 10+2 examination only in science academic stream.
- 12 years Higher Secondary Education Board Exam (Science academic stream with Physics, Chemistry, Biology) of Higher Secondary Education Board, Nepal.
- Pre-degree exam.
- Any other qualification approved by Pharmacy Council of India as equivalent to any of the above examination.
Application Procedure For DET 2018
The entire application procedure shall be available online on the website www.onlinetesthry.gov.in. No application shall be available in printed form.
Please go through all the instructions in the Information brochure carefully before proceeding to fill the form.
The application procedure can be completed in the following steps:
Selection of Course
Haryana DET(L) 2018 Application Form has been released on 25 April 2018. Click on the link given below to apply. You shall have to choose from by clicking on the link “DET(L) Application Form 2018”
- Diploma Engineering
- Diploma Engineering Lateral Entry
- Diploma Pharmacy
After selecting your course, click on “Continue Registration”.
Fill the Haryana DET 2018 Application Form.
Fill in all the particulars regarding your Personal information, educational qualification, address and communication.
The particulars in the application form must exactly be the same as registered in the qualifying examination.
Upload scanned copies of your Photograph & Signature
The applicant must upload scanned copies of their photograph and signature in the following format and sizes:
|Photograph||JPG||Max. 30 kb|
|Signature||JPG||Max. 20 kb|
Submit the Application Form
After completion of the above steps, you are required to submit the online application form. On submission, a unique application number will be generated. Please note it down for future reference.
It is also advised that you keep a printed copy of your online application form.
Pay The Application Fee
After filling up the online application form you are required to pay the application fees. It can be deposited within the allotted time through the following methods:
- Net banking/ credit card/ debit card at the payment gateway.
- E-challan: Take a print out of the e-challan generated during the filling of application and deposit cash at any branch of Axis or Punjab National Bank.
The application fee to be paid are as follows (category wise):
|General Category||Rs. 500/-|
|Reserved Category (SC/ BC/ PH/ FF/ ESM/ KM /HGST/ Girls)||Rs. 200/-|
Verification and Confirmation of Online Application Form
The verification and confirmation of online application form shall take place at a designated centre as selected by the candidate while filling the application form.
Candidates applying for the following courses only have to go for verification:
- Diploma Engg. (including HGST, KM, MAR, SDB & TFW Categories)
- Diploma Pharmacy (including MAR Category)
- For TFW Category of Diploma Engg. Lateral Entry Course
For Diploma Engg. And Diploma Pharmacy category:
Report at the designated centre before within the stipulated time for Verification & Confirmation of Online Filled Application Form along with original/ attested/ self-attested copy of following documents:
- Mark Sheet of Qualifying Examination
- Proof of Date of Birth if the same is not mentioned Mark Sheet of Qualifying Examination
- Proof of Reserved Category (if any)
- Relevant Certificate in case of HGST, KM, MAR, SDB & TFW Category
- Proof of deposit of Application Fee or Entrance Test Fee in the Designated Bank
- Application No. and Password (the candidate shall enter his/ her Application No. and Password for Verification process at the Designated Center)
- After successful Verification & Confirmation of Online Filled Application Form, you shall be issued a system generated Verification Report duly signed by the committee and you.
For TFW Category of Diploma Engg. Lateral Entry Course:
- Report at the designated centre with the following documents:
- Online application form
- Income certificate of your parents and
- Haryana Resident Certificate (in case candidate has not passed/appeared in the qualifying examination from Haryana) for verification.
- On successful verification of the application form, the designated centre shall issue a receipt.
Exam Pattern And Syllabus For DET 2018 For Diploma Engineering Lateral Entry
The exam shall be held online at various centres across Haryana. The centres and date of the exam shall be mentioned on the admit card.
The highlights of the entrance exam are:
Duration: 100 minutes
No. Of questions: 100 objective type MCQs
Total marks: 100
Negative Marks: None
Syllabus: The exam shall be of the 10+2 standard of Board of School Education Haryana. It shall consist of questions from the following aspects:
- General Aptitude
Admit Card | Hall Ticket For DET Haryana 2018
The admit card is an important document to appear for the online Entrance test at the designated centre. No candidate shall be allowed to attend the test without the admit card.
The admit card for appearing in DET (L)-2018 shall be available online only at www.onlinetesthry.gov.in or www.hstes.org.in. HSTES shall not ISSUE or POST any admit card to any registered candidate for DET (L)-2018.
The candidate must carry the following documents to the examination centre:
- Admit Card with photograph attested by gazetted officer.
- A copy of valid Identity (ID) proof having his photograph on it
- Proof in respect of Date of Birth (Copy of Matriculation Certificate etc.) for verification before appearing in the entrance test.
Results of Haryana DET 2018
The results of the entrance test shall be Declared on the websites www.onlinetesthry.gov.in or www.hstes.org.in on the announced date. No candidate shall receive any personal intimation regarding results.
It is advised to the candidates that they keep checking those websites frequently to not miss out on an update.
Declaration of Inter-Se- Merit For Admissions Criteria For Ranking
The Inter-se-Merit/ Rank of Qualifying Examination/ Entrance Exam of only the verified and confirmed Application Forms shall be declared by HSTES at www.onlinetesthry.gov.in & www.hstes.org.in as per announced Dates.
Each eligible candidate who has submitted and got his/ her Online Application Form Verified & Confirmed by the selected Designated Center within the last date will be assigned Inter-se-Merit/ Rank based on the Percentage of Aggregate Marks obtained at Secondary School Examination – SSC (Matriculation) or equivalent qualifying examination.
In case of a tie i.e candidates obtaining similar marks, the following order of priority shall be exercised to assign a rank:
- Marks obtained in Mathematics.
- Marks obtained in science.
- Marks obtained in English.
- Date of Birth of candidate. Elder candidate will be given better rank.
- Name of the candidate (in English as per matriculation mark sheet) in an alphabetical order i.e. candidate whose name appears first will be given better rank.
- Father’s name of the candidate in alphabetical order.
- Mother’s name of the candidate in alphabetical order.
- Diploma Engineering Lateral Entry
- The ranks shall be decided on the marks in the online entrance i.e. DET 2018.
In case of a tie, the following order of priority will be applied to assign a rank:
- Marks obtained in the Mathematics section of DET
- Marks obtained in the Science section of DET
- Marks obtained in the English section of DET
- Marks obtained in the General Awareness and Aptitude section of DET
Order of merit shall be decided on the basis of percentage of aggregate marks obtained in the qualifying examination in Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Mathematics and English.
In case of a tie, the following order of priority will be applied to assign a rank:
- Marks obtained in Chemistry.
- Marks obtained in Physics.
- Marks obtained in Mathematics/Biology.
- Marks obtained in English.
- Name of Candidate in alphabetical order
- Father’s name in alphabetical order.
- Mother’s name in alphabetical order.
Online Counselling For Diploma Courses And DET 2018
There shall be two rounds of online counselling for allotment of seats. They shall take place as described below:
- 1st Counseling shall be done for all categories namely AIC, HOGC, KM, HGST, TFW, SC, BC-A, BCB, PH, ESM (with all priorities) and FF of all categories with 25% Horizontal Female reservation.
- 2nd Counseling shall be done for all categories namely AIC, HOGC, KM, HGST, TFW, SC, BC (by merging BCA and BCB in BC), PH, ESM (by merging all priorities) and FF with 25% Horizontal Female reservation.
After the 2nd round, there shall be no online counselling and seats will be allotted after that through manual counselling at the institute level wherein candidates have to apply to the respective institute(s) as per the schedule of Institute Level Manual Counseling.
The online counselling shall include the following steps:
- Register online on www.techadmissionshry.gov.in for participating in counseling (choice filling and seat allotment) after deposit of the counseling fee (Rs. 500/- for all categories) either Online (Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking) or through E-challan in any branch of the Designated Banks (Axis or PNB).
- click on “New Registration” option and submit your details of Course, Roll Number, Application Number, Name, Date of birth (as per admit card OR details provided by HSTES).
- On correct furnishing of the above details, you shall be directed to a page wherein you shall be required to enter the following details:
- Aadhar Number (or Enrolment No.)
- Eligibility for Haryana domicile
- Sub Category
- Physical handicapped
- Educational Qualification
- %age marks
- Name of School/ College from where eligible educational qualification attained
- Type of School/College
- Location of School/College
- Parental Annual Income
- Password and Re enter Password
- Security Questions
- Security Answers
- Contact Address
- Home District
- Pin Code
- Telephone number
- Mobile number
- Email address etc.
- After confirming your registration details, proceed to fill in your eligible choices.
- Fill your choices by clicking on Fill/Modify choice and arrange them according to your priority. Do not forget to save the. You are advised to make maximumum number of choices.
- Lock your choices once they are finalised and wait for the declaration of result on the announced date.
Allottment Of Seat And Reporting At The Allotted Institute
Based on the choices made by you, you shall be allotted a seat according to your merit and seat availability.
- Take a print out of your provisional allotment letter.
- Report at the allotted institute with all requisite documents/ certificates/ testimonials and photograph.
- You shall be required to pay the Fees of one semester for confirmation of your seat.
- Get the Provisional Admission Slip from the allotted institute dully signed by the admission coordinator of the institute.
- In case you expect an upgradation, do not report at the institute and participate in the next round. You are not required to register again.