The School of Open Learning (SOL) is a part of the Campus of Open Learning under the University of Delhi. The curriculum for various courses offered by SOL is similar to the other departments and colleges affiliated to DU. The admissions to UG courses shall take place on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination. The admissions to PG courses shall take place through an entrance examination or on the basis of merit of candidates in the qualifying examination if it was passed from DU. The Application Forms will be released tentatively in the month of August 2019 as per the reference from the University.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Courses offered by DU SOL are as follows:
- UG courses
- Bachelors of Arts Programme
- Bachelors of Arts (Hons.) English
- Bachelors of Arts (Hons.) Political Science
- Bachelors of Commerce
- Bachelors of Commerce (Hons.)
- PG courses
- Master of Arts Hindi
- Master of Arts History
- Master of Arts Political Science
- Master of Arts Sanskrit
- Master of Commerce
Important dates Regarding Application Form for DU SOL
The following dates will be important for filling the application form for UG and PG courses offered by SOL, University of Delhi. It must be noted that the tentative dates are mentioned in the table below. The officially released dates will be made available once they are announced by the University.
For UG courses
|Online Availability of prospectus|
starting of sale and receipt of Applications for admission (for PWD/BPL/NHE/FRS students only)
|Last date of submission of application form without late fee (Online/offline)||August 2019|
|Receipt of application form with a late fee of Rs.100/- (Online/Offline)||September 2019|
|Receipt of application form with a late fee of Rs.200/- (Online/Offline)||September 2019|
For PG Courses
|Start of Online Admission||August 2019|
|Last date of submission of online application form||August 2019|
|Date of entrance||September 2019|
Application Form for Entrance Examination for PG Courses
The automated Registration Form has to be filled on Web Portal of the University through centralized online process. The web portal for PG Application will be available at sol.du.ac.in.
The following fee will be charged while filling the online application form for entrance into PG courses. Candidates who have passed the qualifying exam from DU and seeking admission through direct merit shall also have to fill the form.
The application fee for the entrance examination for PG courses will be as follows:
How to fill the Enrolment cum Admission form for UG Courses
The application form for UG courses shall also be the admission form for the programme. The course fee has to be paid while filling the form. The application form for UG courses offered by SOL can be filled through two modes:
- Online mode: Through the Admission web portal of DU SOL
- Offline mode: This mode is available only for PWD/BPL/NHE/FRS students.
The online mode of filling the Application cum admission form for UG courses shall include the following steps:
- Visit the website sol.du.ac.in
- Read the prospectus available there carefully.
- Click on the tab ‘New User’.
- On the registration page, enter your Email ID, Name, Mobile Number, Gender and Captcha.
- Ensure that the information furnished by you are correct and then Click on ‘Save’.
- You shall receive a password on your Email ID and Mobile number on successful registration.
- Log In
- On the admission portal, click on ‘Log In’.
- Enter your Registered Email ID and the password you received from SOL.
- Click on ‘Submit’
- First Page- Course and Board Details
- Enter your course Details
- Enter your Board details
- Click on Save
- Click on Next
- Second Page- Personal Details
- Enter your Personal details in the fields provided
- Click on Save and next
- Third Page- Subject Details
- Select subject Choices
- Click on save and Next
- Fourth page – Document details
- Upload scanned copies of your Photograph and signature
- Upload relevant documents
- Click on save and next
- Fifth Page – Preview Page
- Preview all the details that you have entered carefully.
- Click on the check box
- Click on verify for payment
- Make the Payment
- On the payment gateway, make the payment of the course fee for the course you have applied for.
- Payment can be made using netbanking/credit card/Debit card.
- On successful payment, your I-card and fee receipt will be generated.
- Print Fee receipt and I-Card
- Click on ‘Print Fee Receipt’ to print fee receipt.
- Click on ‘Print I-Card’ to print I-Card.
- Keep the printouts safely.
Documents to be uploaded while filling the form
The following documents must be uploaded while filling the enrollment cum admission form:
- Recent Passport size photograph and signature.
- Self Attested copy of Class-X Certificate and Marksheet.
- Self Attested copy of Class-Xll Certificate and Marksheet. (current students can send the scanned copy of the Provisional Certificate)
- Scanned copy of Migration Certificate ( if the candidates studied from boards other than Delhi like NIOS, UP, Bihar, Haryana, Rajasthan etc.)
Students applying against the reserved (SC/ST/OBC/PWD/etc.) and BPL category have to upload the following documents, as applicable, in addition to the above-mentioned documents:
- Self Attested copy of Reverse Category Certificate of the candidates only, if applicable (SC/ST/OBC/PWD etc. candidates) certificate of the candidate must be have been issued before the date of admission.
- Self-attested copy of Original Income Certificate, if applying for fee concession/Financial Assistance.
- Self-attested copy of BPL/AAY Ration Card, if applying for Financial Assistance.
The documents have to be uploaded in the following sizes and formats:
|Photograph||4 kb to 24 kb||.jpg|
|Signature||1 kb to 12 kb||.jpg|
|Other documents||Less than 2 MB|
Amount to be Paid for each course for UG admissions
The course fee has to be paid while filling the enrolment cum Admission form. The course fee can be paid in any of the two modes:
- Online: The candidates can pay the fee online through netbanking/credit card/debit card.
- Offline (Only for PWD/NHE/FSR): Fee can be paid by PWD candidates at the cash counter of SOL. NHE and FSR candidates will have to deposit the fees through a demand draft made in favour of the Executive Director, School of Open Learning, the University of Delhi-110007 from anu Nationalized bank.
The total fee for various undergraduate courses are as follows:
|S.No.||Course||Category A||Category B||Category C||Category D|
|5||B.A. (Hons) Pol. Science||3630||3430||10930||65|
Category A: Students who are residing in India.
Category B: Students residing abroad and getting mail through diplomatic bag c/o Ministry of External Affairs.
Category C: Indian Nationals who are residing abroad and foreign nationals seeking through Deputy Dean, Foreign Students, University of Delhi.
Category D: Candidates belonging to PwD category and seeking admission with attached proof.
Please write to us in the comments section below if you have doubts and queries. Write to us your feedbacks as well.
what NHE AND FSR stand for ?
NHE stands for Nutrition & Health Education whereas FSR is Foreign Students Registry