The School of Open Learning (SOL) is a renowned institution in the field of distance education in India. It is a part of Campus of open learning and was established under University of Delhi (DU) as The School of Correspondence Courses and Continuing Education. The course curriculum followed by the School of Open Learning is not different from the other constituent colleges and Departments of the University of Delhi. The norms established by the University of Delhi are exercised to carry out the admission process for various courses in the School.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The official notification regarding the admission process for Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses has been published on the official website of SOL. The admissions to UG courses shall take place on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination. The admissions to PG courses shall take place through an entrance examination or on the basis of merit of candidates in the qualifying examination if it was passed from DU.
The courses offered by DU SOL are as follows:
- UG Courses
- Bachelors of Arts Programme
- Bachelors of Arts (Hons.) English
- Bachelors of Arts (Hons.) Political Science
- Bachelors of Commerce
- Bachelors of Commerce (Hons.)
- PG Courses
- Master of Arts Hindi
- Master of Arts History
- Master of Arts Political Science
- Master of Arts Sanskrit
- Master of Commerce
Important dates for DU SOL Admissions 2019
The official notification for admissions for the academic year 2019 will be released soon. However, the following dates can be referred to for various events involved in the admission procedure. The below-provided dates are tentative and the officially released schedule will be available as soon as it announced by the authorities.
For UG Courses
|Online Availability of prospectus|
starting of sale and receipt of Applications for admission (for PWD/BPL/NHE/FRS students only)
|Last date of submission of application form without late fee (Online/offline)||August 2019|
|Receipt of application form with a late fee of Rs.100/- (Online/Offline)||September 2019|
|Receipt of application form with a late fee of Rs.200/- (Online/Offline)||September 2019|
For PG Courses
|Start of Online Admission||August 2019|
|Last date of submission of online application form||August 2019|
|Date of entrance||September 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for DU SOL Admissions
The minimum eligibility conditions for the UG and PG courses offered by DU SOL are discussed below.
|BA Programme and B.Com Pass course||40% or more marks in aggregate at 10+2 examination|
|BA (Honors) English||60% or more in any one of the qualifying examinations with 70& or more in English Core or 60% in English Elective/Functional English.|
|BA (Honors) Political Science||50% or more aggregate marks in any one of the qualifying examination|
|B.Com (Hons)||55% or more in Aggregate, or 60% or more in the aggregate of the vocational/technical stream with commerce.|
Admissions to PG courses will be done through an Entrance test or directly on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination if the candidates have passed it from DU.
|Courses||Eligibility (through Entrance)|
|M.A. Hindi||BA(Hons.) in Hindi with 40% from DU or any other recognized University.|
B.A. (Programme) B.A. (Pass) B.Com. (Pass) B.Com. from Delhi University or from other University (with at least 2 papers in Hindi) with 45% marks or above in aggregate and 50% marks in Hindi.
MA in any subject with 50% or above marks in PG and 50% marks in Hindi in BA.
Graduation in any subject from DU or any other equivalent university (with at least 1 paper in Hindi) with 55% marks or above in aggregate and 50% marks in Hindi.
Graduation in any subject from DU or any other equivalent university (Indian and Foreigner) with One Year Advance Diploma In Hindi from Delhi University with 65% Marks.
|M.A. History||BA (Hons) in History from DU with 50% marks or from other Universities with 55%.|
BA (Hons) in any other subject from DU with 55% or from other universities with 60%.
B.A. (Prog./Pass) examination with History from Delhi University With 55% marks and above in the aggregate.
B.A. (Pass/Program), B.Com. (Pass/Hons.), B.Sc. (Gen./Hons.) from any university with 60% marks or above in aggregate.
|M.A. Political Science||B.A.Hons. /B.A. Program/B.A. Pass /B.A. Degree from the University of Delhi or any other Universities with 50% marks or above.|
All other graduates (Science/commerce/Engineering etc.) with 60% marks from the University of Delhi or any other Universities recognized as equivalent.
|M.A. Sanskrit||B.A. (Hons.) Sanskrit from recognized University with 45% marks.|
B.A. (Pass)/B.A. (Programme) or BA (Hons.) in Hindi of the University of Delhi or any recognized university with at least two papers of Sanskrit with 50% marks.
Acharya/Shastri (Sanskrit) examination of recognized University/Deemed University and Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan with 50% in aggregate.
B.A. (H) Examination in any subject of the Delhi University of an examination recognized as equivalent with Sanskrit as subsidiary/concurrent subject with minimum 50%.
M.A. examination in any arts and Humanities subject (except Sanskrit) from University of Delhi with minimum 50%.
MA or BA in any subject from any recognized university (with Diploma in Sanskrit from DU) with 50% marks.
|M.Com||B.Com (Hons.) or B.A. (Hons.) Economics from University of Delhi or any other University recognized as equivalent with 50% marks in aggregate.|
B.Com (Pass) or B.Com (Degree) from University of Delhi or any other University recognized as equivalent with 55% marks in aggregate.
B.B.S. B.B.A. , B.B.A., B.I.F.A., and B.B.E from University of Delhi or any other University recognized equivalent thereto with 60% marks in aggregate.
Application Procedure for DU SOL 2019
The application procedure for UG and PG courses shall be different. Before proceeding to fill the application form please ensure that you are eligible for admission to the course you are applying for. If found ineligible at any point, your application will be summarily rejected.
Enrolment cum Admission form for UG Programme
The application form for DU SOL can be filled online or offline (by PWD/NHE/FSR candidates).
Online procedure shall include the following steps:
- Visit the admissions page on the official website of DU SO:sol.du.ac.in/admission
- If you are registering for the first time, then click on the ‘New User’ button. If you are already registered, then click on the ‘Registered User’ button.
- Fill in all the fields on the registration page and press the ‘Save’ button. On successful registration, you will receive your login information on your registered email-id and mobile number.
- To log in to fill your application form, enter your email id (registered) and password and then click on ‘Submit’ button
- Please enter the data into the fields and click on ‘Save’ button.
- Upload the relevant documents in the below screen and click on ‘Save’ button.
- You must verify all the entered details before proceeding for the payments. Please read the acknowledgement and select the ‘Check Box’. After the complete verification click on ‘Verify’ button.
- Select your like payment method.
- After successful payment, the screen displays your SOL Roll Number and Fee Receipt Number is generated.
- Click on ‘Print Fee Receipt’ to view and download in pdf format.
- Click on ‘Print ID Card’ to print the ID card.
The course fee has to be paid while filling the enrolment cum Admission form. The course fee can be paid in any of the two modes:
- Online: The candidates can pay the fee online through netbanking/credit card/debit card.
- Offline (Only for PWD/NHE/FSR): Fee can be paid by PWD candidates at the cash counter of SOL. NHE and FSR candidates will have to deposit the fees through a demand draft made in favour of the Executive Director, School of Open Learning, University of Delhi-110007 from any Nationalized bank.
The total fee for various undergraduate courses are as follows:
|S.No.||Course||Category A||Category B||Category C||Category D|
|5||B.A. (Hons) Pol. Science||3630||3430||10930||65|
Category A: Students who are residing in India.
Category B: Students residing abroad and getting mail through diplomatic bag c/o Ministry of External Affairs.
Category C: Indian Nationals who are residing abroad and foreign nationals seeking through Deputy Dean, Foreign Students, University of Delhi.
Category D: Candidates belonging to PwD category and seeking admission with attached proof.
Application form for Entrance Examination for PG Programme
The automated Registration Form has to be filled on Web Portal of the University through a centralized online process. The web portal for PG Application will be available at sol.du.ac.in.
The following fee will be charged while filling the online application form for entrance into PG courses. Candidates who have passed the qualifying exam from DU and seeking admission through direct merit shall also have to fill the form. The application form will be as follows:
Admit cards for DU SOL Entrance Exam for PG Courses
The admit cards will be released in the name of candidates who are appearing for the Entrance Exam for the PG courses offered by DU SOL. The admit cards will be available for download from the official website of SOL. The admit cards must be brought by the candidates to the examination hall on the day of the exam. They must also carry a valid photo ID proof such as Aadhar card, PAN card, Voter’s ID card, Passport, Driving License etc.
DU SOL Merit Lists for PG Admissions
DU SOL will release merit lists having the names of the candidates who have qualified the entrance examination (for PG courses) and candidates who have been selected as per merit in the qualifying exam. The dates for reporting with the original documents and payment of the course fees will be notified on the official website of the School of Open Learning.
After every round of admission, there shall be new merit lists uploaded by the University for the next round of admission. There can be up to 5 merit lists.
Admission procedure for PG courses of DU SOL
For admission into PG courses, the candidates must follow the merit list published by the university and report at the Scheduled venue and time with all their original documents.
At the time of admission of PG courses, the selected candidates will have to pay the admission fee along with the Admission form through a crossed Pay Order/Bank Draft payable at Delhi drawn on State Bank of India/ any Nationalize Bank in favour of The Executive Director, School of Open Learning, University of Delhi, Payable at New Delhi. For students residing outside Delhi the bank draft can be obtained from any Nationalized Bank.
The fee payable for the different categories are as follows:
|Category A||Rs. 4990/-|
|Category B||Rs. 4990/-|
|Category C||Rs. 13490/-|
|Category A||Rs. 5140/-|
|Category B||Rs. 4640/-|
|Category C||Rs. 13640/-|
The following documents will have to be submitted along with the Admission Form
- Two recent passport size photographs to be affixed
- one on the Application Form
- another on the Identity Card Form. It should be pasted not stapled.
- Self-attested Photocopy of 10th Class Certificate.
- Self-attested Photocopy of 12th Class Passing Certificate.
- Self-attested Photocopy of I, II and III year Marksheet.
- Original Provisional Certificate of Graduation for current year students. However, other students will have to submit the photocopy of Degree Certificate.
- Migration Certificate in original of the respective University if the candidate is studied from other than Delhi University.
- Self attested photocopy of Reserve Category Certificates of candidate only, if applicable (for example SC/ST/OBC/PWD etc.) The certificate of the candidate must be released by the Competent Authority before the date of admission.
- Latest Original Income Certificate, if applying for fee concession.
- Self attested photocopy of BPL Ration Card as well as Original Income Certificate if applying for Financial Assistance.
- Disability certificate, in case of Physical with Disability candidates issued by the competent hospital/board.
- Candidates are required to produce all the Original Certificates for verification at the time of admission.
Do write to us if you have doubts or queries. We shall get back to you at the earliest.