DASA 2020:Direct Admissions of Students Abroad is abbreviated to DASA. The application procedure is postponed for the time being. Earlier it was going to start from 2nd April but due to COVID 19, all the events dates will be announced later. It is a scheme through which students who live abroad like foreign nationals, Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and NRIs (Non-residential Indians) can take admission in various undergraduate courses.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
DASA 2020 will be conducted by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India for admissions to premier institutions of India. Every year, the Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad, India conducts DASA. Eligible candidates can take admission in 4 – year Engineering & Architecture degree programs from NITs, IIITs, SPAs and Other Centrally Funded & Premier Technical Institutes (CFPTIs).
DASA Exam Dates 2020
All the appearing candidates must make sure to note down all the dates of DASA 2020 events given in the table below. Make sure that the dates given below are the tentative dates. Once the official notification is out we will update you.
|Opening of application form||Announce Later|
|Last date to fill online application form|
|Last date for submitting SAT Test Score|
|First round of seat allotment|
|Seat Confirmation of Round 1|
|Second Round of seat allotment|
|Seat Confirmation of Round 2|
|Third Round of seat allotment|
|Seat Confirmation of Round 3|
|Choice refilling and new applicants registration|
|Fourth Round of seat allotment|
|Seat Confirmation of Round 4|
|Reporting to allotted Institutions by candidates of all Rounds|
|Releasing of vacant seat matrix for spot round|
|Choice refilling and new applicants registration for spot round|
|Spot Round against vacant seats & spot round allotment|
|Spot Round against vacant seats & Spot Round Allotment|
|Reporting to allotted Institutions by candidates of spot round|
DASA Eligibility Criteria 2020
All candidates must make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria set for DASA 2020. Failing to fulfill the criteria will lead to the cancellation of the candidature.
- Candidates applying must be a foreign national, PIO, NRI or OCI.
For UG Courses
- Only applicants born on or after October 01, 1994, are eligible. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board / University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities only will be taken as authentic.
- The Applicant must have passed the qualifying examination or equivalent.
- He/she should have successfully studied Mathematics, Physics and one of the subjects from (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Biology) in 11th AND / OR 12th, as applicable in the respective boards.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 60% marks or 6.50 CGPA in the equivalent examination.
- It is compulsory for all the candidates to have appeared in the SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test).
- Each appearing candidate should have scored 1800 in SAT Subject Tests (Physics, Mathematics Level 2, and Chemistry).
- Admission criteria for Indian Nationals shall be at least two years of education, inclusive of 11th & 12th or equivalent (not beyond), in a foreign country during the last 8 years and must pass the qualifying examination from abroad.
DASA Application Form 2020
DASA application form 2020 will be released on the official site of DASA. Candidates must make sure to fill only the correct information in the DASA application form 2020. You have to fill the application form in the online mode. Candidates have to upload the scanned images of required documents and fill the preference of participating institutions/courses. You will be required to pay the application fee to complete the application form. DASA application fee 2020 has to be filled through E-payment (credit/debit card) and SWIFT transfer. The registration fee is non-refundable.
DASA Application Fee 2020
Check the DASA 2020 registration fee here:
|Registration Fee||Tuition Fee (for 1st semester only)||Total Fee (to be submitted at the time of filling application form)|
|General||US $300||US $4000||US $4200|
|Foreign Nationals of SAARC Countries||US $300||US $2000||US $2300|
DASA Merit List 2020
The merit list of DASA 2020 will be prepared after receiving the application forms of all candidates. Separate merit lists will be prepared for each course. Ranks will be allotted to the candidates based on the entrance exam and the choices filled in by the candidate. In case two or more candidates secure the same rank, inter-se merit will be prepared. The selection of candidates for the counselling round will be done on the basis of the merit list.
DASA Selection Procedure 2020
- Candidates listed on the merit list will be required to participate in the counselling and seat allotment procedure
- The counselling procedure will be conducted in the online mode only.
- Admission will be done based on only the SAT and SAT test scores.
- In case there is a tie between two candidates, a tie-breaking policy will be used to resolve the same. Higher rank will be allotted to the candidate based on Math of SAT 2, Physics of SAT 2, Chemistry of SAT 2, Total Score of SAT.
- Seat allotment list will be released after each round of counselling.
- Once the seat is allotted, an aspirant can either accept the seat or file for an upgradation.
- In case a candidate is not satisfied with his/her seat, they can participate in other rounds of counselling.
DASA Cutoff 2020
The DASA 2020 cutoff will be released by the authority that is in charge of preparing the cut-off. The cut off of DASA will be based on SAT score. Cut off is the minimum score required by the candidate to be able to take part in counselling procedure. Each candidate will be able to check the SAT cutoff score for allotment of seats into participating institutes of DASA 2020.
DASA Admission Procedure 2020
All the candidates who have been listed in the merit list will be participating in the counselling and seat allotment procedure. Seats will be allotted based on the preferences of choice filled in by the candidate. After being allotted the seats, each candidate has to download the provisional seat allotment letter. And after students have been allotted provisional admission, they can report to the institute and get their documents verified.
DASA Counselling 2020
DASA 2020 Round 1 Counselling
The first round of DASA counselling 2020 will be held in the month of June 2020. The counselling procedure will take place online. Only those who have been listed in the merit list will be considered eligible for counselling procedure. All information will be made available on the official website of DASA which is www.dasanit.org.
After accepting the seat, a provisional seat allotment letter will be generated. Students are required to sign it, download it and submit it to the allotted institute at the time of admission. All selected foreign nationals must obtain a valid student visa as applicable to their category issued by the Indian Missions Board.
- In case a candidate wishes to decline and does not wish to accept the allotted institute/course, seat cancellation/withdrawal letter will be generated. By clicking on Decline your seat will be withdrawn and you will lose any right for any further seat allotment in Round 2 or Round 3. You will be eligible for Round 4 or Spot Round.
- If you are satisfied with your preference allotment and do not want your higher preference choices to be considered in round two allotments, then click on Accept. The provisional allotment letter will be generated in this case.
- Click on Accept and Upgrade if you are willing to accept the allotted seat but wish to upgrade your seat and want to consider it in the second round of allotment. The provisional allotment letter would be generated. If an applicant gets a seat in 2 rounds with higher preference, his/her claim on the previously allotted seat will be automatically reclaimed. In a case where no up-gradation takes place, the seat allotted in Round 1 will be retained.
DASA Round 2 Counselling 2020
Similar to Round 1, the options of Accept, decline, and upgrade will follow. After each round of counselling, the seat allotment list will be displayed on the official website. Candidates must keep checking the website to know more about the updates on DASA rounds.
DASA 2020 Round 3 Counselling
Round 3 of Direct Admission for Students Abroad 2020 will follow the same procedure as the previous two rounds.
DASA 2020 Round 4 Counselling
This will be the last round of DASA counselling 2020. There will be only two options left for the candidate that is, accept and decline. In case a candidate clicks on Decline, then he/she will be able to re-register for the spot round of counselling.
Spot Round of DASA Counselling
The spot round will be held for those candidates who have either declined their seats or have not been allotted any seat during DASA 2020 admission. Applicants who are allotted a seat in Spot round as per their choices and do not accept the allotment (decline or no response within the prescribed time limit) will not be considered for any refund of tuition fee component paid along with the application.
Candidates who have declined their allotments or withdrawn/cancelled their applications are eligible to re-register for Spot round after paying a re-registration Fee of US$ 300 (US Dollars Three hundred only). Applicants who have got admitted to the allotted Institute have to withdraw their admission before internal sliding if they would like to participate in Spot Round. New applicants who meet the academic and residential eligibility requirements are also eligible to apply. Interested applicants who wish to participate in this Spot round must send SAT scores through College Board to MNNIT Allahabad.
DASA 2020 Reservation Criteria
There is a certain number of seats that are reserved for a certain section. In DASA 2020, there is a reservation for Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries (CIWG). 5% supernumerary seats (within 15% of the supernumerary quota of DASA) are reserved for Children of Indian Workers in Gulf (i.e., 1/3rd seats from DASA quota is reserved for CIWG). The fee applicable for this category will be at par with the fee prescribed for Indian National i.e Rs. 1,25,000/- per student per annum either in INR or equivalent USD.
Participating Institutes in DASA 2020
Candidates who are seeking admission through DASA 2020 must make sure to check the list of participating institutes given below. There are around 46 institutes that will be participating in the DASA UG 2020 admission program.
DASA Fee Structure 2020
Registration Fee and First Semester Tuition Fee for different admitted categories are as follows:
|Admission Category||Registration Fee (Non-Refundable)||Tuition Fee (For First Semester only)||Total Amount paid along with the Application Form||In case the payment is done in INR total amount to be paid with Application Form|
|CIWG||US $ 300/-||INR Rs. 62,500/-||INR Rs. 62,500/- + US $ 300/-||Rs. 62,500/- + Rs. 20,000/- = Rs. 82,500/-|
|DASA (Non-SAARC)||US $ 300/-||US $ 4000/-||US $ 4300/-||Rs. 2,66,680/- + Rs. 20,000/- = Rs. 2,86,680/-|
|DASA (SAARC)||US $ 300/-||US $ 2000/-||US $ 2300/-||Rs. 1,33,340/- + Rs. 20,000/- = Rs. 1,53,340/-|
If you have any queries related to DASA 2020, do ask us in the comment section below.