DAIICT stands for Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information Technology and Communication Technology. This is a newly established institute that is managed by the Dhirubhai Ambani Foundation. DAIICT is situated in Gandhinagar (Gujarat) and is named after the ex-chairman of Reliance Foundation, Dhirubhai Ambani. This reputed institute offers admission to engineering course of Bachelors of Technology degree in Technology and communication. The admission to eligible candidates is granted on the basis of JEE Main score. Please note that DAIICT does not conduct any entrance examination for admissions.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
About DAIICT 2018 Admissions
DAIICT is conducting the DAIICT admissions for the academic session of 2018-19 for B.Tech (ICT) and B.Tech (Honours in ICT with minor in Computational Science) programmes. 50% of the admissions to DAIICT are open to students all over India and seats will be filled based on the JEE Main scores. Rest 50% admission will be open to students of Gujarat and seats will be filled on the basis of GUJCET 2018. The application form for the admission had been made available online from 15th April 2018. The merit list of the admissions will be prepared according to the All India Rank obtained in JEE main 2018. The eligible candidates will then be called for counselling and seat allotment procedure where documents will be verified.
Important dates Regarding DAIICT Admissions
All the aspiring candidates must go through the tentative schedule of DAIICT Admissions 2018 given in the table below. Having a look at the important dates will help the candidates plan their schedule and the candidate will not miss out on any crucial events in the admission procedure.
|Uttaranchal University Admission Open||Apply Now!!|
|Start of Online Application Form||15th April 2018|
|Last date to fill the Online Application Form||1st July 2018|
|Publication of Merit List||6th July 2018|
|Last date to pay fees by shortlisted candidates||11th July 2018|
|Registration and verification of documents by confirmed candidates at DAIICT campus||23rd July 2018|
|Commencement of Orientation Program||25-27th July 2018|
|Commencement of Classes||30th July 2018|
DAIICT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the Admission procedure, candidates must make sure to check all the eligibility criteria set by the admission conducting authority. Applying candidates have to mandatorily fulfill the eligibility criteria based on the given parameters and only then fill the online application form. Failing to meet the criteria will lead to the cancellation of the candidature of the applicant. DAIICT 2018 eligibility criteria are listed below:
- The candidate should have been born on after 1st October 1993.
- Candidate should have qualified class 12th examination from a recognized board or university.
- He/she should have studied Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in class 12th.
There certain number of seats reserved for foreign students. Check out the eligibility criteria set for them:
- OCI and PIO card holders are eligible to apply.
- Candidates from other countries can also apply for the admissions provided that they produce their certificate of citizenship of their respective countries.
- NRI Candidates have to produce a certificate issued by Indian embassy present in the country of which the candidate is a resident.
- NRI candidates also have to produce a proof from the parent stating that the candidate is not a resident of India.
DAIICT Application Form 2018
DAIICT Application Form closed!
Candidates who are planning to seek admission to the engineering courses in DAIICT for the year 2018 could fill up the application form for the same in the online mode from 15th April 2018 till 1st July 2018. Candidates had to fill up personal and academic details on the form. Candidates were also be required to enter their JEE Main roll number, rank and scores obtained in the examination. Candidates had to provide only the valid information as false information can lead to the rejection of the application of the applicant. After filling up the form, candidates were required to pay a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 1200. This application fee could be paid in the online mode through online payment gateways like net banking, credit card or debit card. On successful payment, the applicant had to take a print out of the acknowledgment slip.
DAIICT 2018 Merit list
The merit list will be released by Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Technology and Communication on 6th July 2018. All the candidates who are eligible for counselling will be listed in the merit list that will be prepared according to the All India Rank of JEE Main 2018. Those placed higher will be given preference over those who are placed later in the merit list. Candidates listed in the merit list have to pay a part of the tuition fees and report to the allotted institute for document verification. The admission of the candidates will be confirmed only after the documents have been verified and tuition fees paid.
Counselling for Admission to DAIICT
Based on the All India Rank of JEE Main 2018, candidates will be called for counselling and seat allotment procedure. Those placed higher in the merit list will be called first and have more options to choose from. To participate in counselling, candidates have to first register themselves. The registration for counselling will be open tentatively on 23rd July 2018. Documents will be verified during registration at the DAIICT campus. Qualified candidates will be notified of the counselling date and timings through SMS or email. There will be no offline notification that will be sent to the candidate informing him/her about the counselling procedure. After the documents have been verified, candidates will be invited to an orientation program that will be held in the Institute itself.
Things to keep in mind about DAIICT 2018:
- The application fee of Rs. 1200 is the same for every candidate irrespective of the category or gender.
- Admission will first be given on the rank of JEE Main 2018 and if seats remain vacant, admission will be provided on the GUJCET scores.
- 30 out of 300 seats are reserved for NRI candidates and only these candidates can avail these seats on providing correct certificates.
- 50% seats are reserved for candidates who have done their schooling from Gujarat. These seats will be filled by ACPC (Admission Committee for Professional Courses), Gujarat.
- Selection of Foreign Nationals will be done on the basis of their performance of class 12th or equivalent examination.
- B. Tech degree will be provided in two different categories: B.Tech in Information Communication and Technology and B. Tech with honours in ICT and mins in computational science.