Buildings and structures of any city represent the culture and living style of the people from that place. The work of an architect is to develop these structures as well as developing methods of preserving the heritage of any city or place. The building that is designed and shaped by an architect varies from a residential structure or a commercial building. The working of architects is very much close to the end users of these buildings as these are shaped as per the requirements and suitability of the client.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Candidates interested in this particular field are required to gather a degree for being a professional architect. This job involves the great deal of responsibility where the architects have to make sure that the potential designs made by them are safe, economical, functional and aesthetically pleasing. This work doesn’t involve the idea of one man job as the structure requires the input from engineers to designers for ensuring maximum customer satisfaction. The individuals are required to gather B.Arch and M.Arch degrees in order to understand this profession and make the best work out of their creativity.
Go through the details of this course from the article mentioned containing the required information of the course.
Architect: The job of the Architect is to design, plan and keep a check on the construction of the building. The Architects are also offered with the choice of either working independently or work for some Architectural firm.
Interior Design: The job of styling the place and the way the entire set up can be made more and more comfortable is the job of Interior Designer. The visual appearance of the place is also a necessary element which has to be made sure by the interior designer. Even if one has the degree of Architect, you can easily go for this option too if you have that bent of creativity and that appeal of making everything around you aesthetic.
Architectural Engineer: In this, the candidate with a dual degree in Civil Engineering, as well as Architecture, can adjoin the principles of both the degrees and plan a structure with much more efficiency.
Naval Architects: They plan and design the naval or water vessels for the Government or the private companies. Under this, you get an opportunity of working at boatyards, shipyards and ship design offices to design watercrafts such as merchant ships, submarines, cruise liners, aircraft carriers, warships etc.
Landscape Architects: Under this profession, architects get an opportunity of planning and designing of public outdoor spaces such as parks and patios to ensure their beauty and practicality. The most important element with the raising awareness is also the structures and designs should be environment-friendly.
Leading Institutes for Pursuing Architecture:
There is the number of institutes offering Architecture course to the interested candidates. B. Arch degree is required for establishing yourself as an Architect. There are many private firms too who hire professional individuals to the desired degree. If you want to gather some more information regarding the institutes offering this course, go through the list of the top Architecture Colleges in India. Also, go through the list of Architecture colleges offering the course abroad from the tabular format below.
Institutes for Pursuing Architecture in India:
|Department of Architecture, IIT Roorkee, Roorkee||
|Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh||Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)|
|School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi||Department of Studies
|Sir JJ College of Architecture, Mumbai||
|Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University, Hyderabad||Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)|
|Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal||Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)|
|Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh||Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)|
|Department of Architecture, NIT Tiruchirappalli||
|Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Jharkhand||Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)|
|Manipal School of Architecture and Planning, Karnataka||Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)|
Institutes for Pursuing Architecture Abroad:
|Bartlett School of Architecture, University College London, United Kingdom||Undergraduate courses in Architecture
Postgraduate Courses in Architecture
Mphil/PhD in Architecture
Professional Courses in Architecture
Short Courses in Architecture
|Delft University of Technology, Netherlands||
|University of California, Berkeley, United States||
|The University of Tokyo, Japan||Department of Architecture
Graduate School of Architecture
Steps to Pursue Architecture Course:
Candidates seeking opportunity for a career in Architecture will be required to acquire the Graduate degree in Architecture. One will also get an option of going for Masters or Research programme. Go through the details of pursuing Architecture course from below:
- The candidate has to pursue Bachelors in Architecture (B.Arch.) for 5 years after clearing class 12th exam from any stream (Maths Compulsory). Universities usually conduct entrance exam for the admission to B.Arch. Course. After the Bachelor’s degree, one can also go for pursuing M.Arch. If desired.
- After the completion of Bachelor’s in Architecture (B.Arch.) candidates can also pursue Master of Urban and Regional Planning (MURP) for 2 years.
The work profile of an Architect is of designing and modifying the structures of the buildings in a way that they comprise the element of safety and go with the suitability of the of the client. The work description of an architect can be found in the points below:
- Formulation of the plan of the building as per the suitability of the client.
- Should make sure that the idea of how the place is defined by the client is actually implemented in reality.
- Frequent site visits are necessary to check whether the project is going as per the plan.
- The budget is a crucial component. It has to be managed in such a way that most of the output is gained within the given money.
- Supervision of the project is necessary from the start till its completion stage.
- Providing recommendation to the clients about the functionality of the project.
- The clear image of the project is very much required so as to provide the correct guidance to the workers, contractors and dealers.
- The complication arising during the construction of the project has also to be resolved by an Architect.
- Be prepared if any form of alteration appears in the middle of the project.