COMEDK UGET 2021– The Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka conducts COMEDK UGET 2021 every year. It is is a state-level entrance examination for engineering aspirants. The test is Computer Based which will take place across the country to facilitate the students to appear in the test closer to their homes and is aimed at minimizing the cost of travel and other logistics. For Architecture courses, the admission is on the basis of NATA Scores. In this article, we will take you through COMEDK UGET Application Form release, syllabus, exam date, admit card, counselling, etc. Therefore, keep on reading the article.
Check Eligibility For COMEDK Exam
About COMEDK 2021
COMEDK UGET means Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka Undergraduate Engineering Test. COMEDK is the official authority that conducts the COMEDK 2021. The exam will take place in the online mode only. Candidates must make sure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria of COMEDK UGET before applying for the exam.
Subsequent to the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) being mandated as the only acceptable entrance exam for admission to Medical and Dental courses in the country, COMEDK continues the evaluation process for the members of KUPECA i.e around 190 Engineering colleges. For the current academic year 2021-22, COMEDK will conduct an online examination all over India in May 2021, across 300 centres for the Engineering programs which offer around 20000 seats and will be followed by offline counselling to overcome the un-anticipated glitches in online counselling as we in India are not still fully prepared for the same.
COMEDK UGET Exam Dates 2021
Appearing candidates must note down all the dates that the exam conducting authorities announce. Check COMEDK 2021 exam dates given in the table below:
|Start date for registration and issue of online Application for COMEDK UGET /Uni-GAUGE E 2021||3rd week of January 2021|
|Mock test made available online||1st week of February 2021|
|Last date for online payments and Last date for Submission of completed application online||3rd week of April 2021|
|Start date to edit select fields in the application form||3rd week of April 2021|
|Last date to edit select fields in application form.||4th week of April 2021|
|Start date for download of Test Admission Ticket on the website||1st week of May 2021|
|Last date for downloading of Online Test Admission Ticket (TAT)||2nd week of May 2021|
|COMEDK UGET & Uni-GAUGE E 2021|
Engineering Entrance Exam 2021
|2nd week of May 2021|
|Publishing of Provisional Answer Keys and start date for online submission of objections/challenge of Provisional Answer keys||3rd week of May 2021|
|Last date for receiving challenges/objections pertaining to Provisional Answer Keys||3rd week of May 2021|
|Publishing of Final Answer keys||4th week of May 2021|
|Test Score cards made available online to the candidates||Last week of May 2021|
|Counselling starts from||1st week of July 2021|
COMEDK 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for COMEDK UGET, candidates must make sure to check all the eligibility criteria laid down by the exam conducting body for applicants. The COMEDK exam Eligibility criteria will be based on certain factors like age, nationality, education qualification, etc. Check full eligibility criteria listed below for COMEDK applicants.
- Candidates must be a citizen of India.
FOR UG ENGINEERING COURSES
- The qualifying examinations prescribed for admission for B.E. is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government; the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit candidates should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State) in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and should have passed these subjects individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio-Technology or Biology or Computer Science or Electronics as one of the optional subjects. However, changes, if any, in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE will be adopted.
- An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank list.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions.
NOTE: The candidates shall submit the original marks card of the examination during counselling for proving their eligibility vis-a-vis marks scored as evidenced by the original marks card.
FOR UG ARCHITECTURE COURSES
- The prescribed qualifying examination for admission to the B. Arch course is second PUC or 10+2.
- Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects or a 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central / State Government and having obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka).
- The candidates should have qualified a recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2018.
- There shall be no Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course.
- Candidates seeking admission to B. Arch course shall submit separate application form for counselling as per the notification on COMEDK website (will be made available before counselling)
- Notwithstanding the eligibility criteria mentioned above, the changes, if any, effected by AICTE, VTU, COA, or any other competent Regulatory Authorities before the start of the rank generation process of COMEDK shall be adopted mutatis mutandis. After generating the ranks, no changes will be made to the already prescribed eligibility criteria.
- Rank Card will be generated only for those candidates who become eligible for admission to Under Graduate Courses as per the regulations of AICTE /VTU.
COMEDK Application Form 2021
Appearing candidates have to first fill and submit the COMEDK Application form 2021. The application form will be available in the online mode on the official website. Candidates have to read all the instructions before filling up the form. During COMEDK UGET application form filling, candidates will be required to upload scanned images of their photograph, signature, and parent’s signature. The COMEDK 2021 Application form has to be submitted only in the online mode. There is no other way of procuring or submitting the application form.
EXPLANATION OF FIELDS IN COMEDK 2021 REGISTRATION FORM
- Name of the Applicant: Enter your full Name (as it appears in your SSLC/10th Std Marks Card), in the case of a candidate who has changed his/ her name for any reason, the original proof of the same has to be
produced at the time of admission.
- Date of Birth: DOB needs to be present as per the 10th /SSLC Marks card only.
- Email-ID: Enter your valid Email ID for all correspondence.
- Mobile No: Enter your Mobile number. Enter OTP received so as to verify the mobile number entered.
- Applicants Unique ID Proof: Select the ID proof that the candidate will bring in original at the time of the exam and admission process from the list provided.
- APPROVED LIST OF ID PROOF FOR CANDIDATES;
(i) Voter ID, (ii) Passport (iii) Driving License, (iv) Aadhar Card /E-Aadhar.
- The scan copy of the same has to be uploaded in the application form. The candidate has to use the same ID proof that is mentioned in the application form, till the entire admission process is complete.
- CAUTION: ANY ID PROOF OTHER THAN WHAT HAS BEEN DECLARED WILL NOT BE ACCEPTABLE FOR THE TEST /
ADMISSION AT COLLEGE LEVEL
- APPROVED LIST OF ID PROOF FOR CANDIDATES;
- Applicants Unique ID Proof Number: Enter the Unique ID proof number as mentioned in the ID proof selected, if applicable. For instance, if you have declared ID proof as driving license and your ID proof number is ‘KA01 20110001212’ enter the ID number as ‘KA0120110001212’.
COMEDK Application Fee
The application form is incomplete without the payment of the application fee. This year, the application fee is Rs 1500+ *Convenience charge/fee as applicable. COMEDK Application fee can be paid by Credit card/Debit Cards/Internet Banking. In case there are any changes in the application form, we will update here.
COMEDK Exam Pattern 2021
Candidates who are appearing for the examination must know how to start their preparation with. For this, the candidate must know the COMEDK exam pattern. The COMEDK UGET Exam Pattern will release in the official brochure. It will carry essential details about the COMEDK examination as well as the COMEDK question paper.
Check the COMEDK UGET 2021 Exam pattern given below:
- COMEDK UGET 2021 will take place in the online mode.
- The exam will be held for 3 hours (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM).
- COMEDK 2021 question paper consists of 2 sections i.e. Physics + Chemistry and Mathematics.
- There will be 180 questions in the Multiple choice format.
- 60 questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Maths each.
- 1 mark will be given for every correct answer and there is no provision of negative marking.
COMEDK 2021 Syllabus
After checking the exam pattern of COMEDK 2021, candidates must have a look at the complete syllabus of the exam. The syllabus of COMEDK 2021 will be based on 10+2 / 2nd PUC topics. The syllabus of COMEDK 2021 will be based on concepts from Physics, chemistry, and mathematics. For better preparation, every student should visit the official website and note down the syllabus.
COMEDK 2021 Mock Test
The COMEDK Mock test will be available in the 1st week of May 2021. In order to familiarize the students with the computer-based test, an opportunity in the form of MOCK TEST will be made available on the official website as per the calendar of events. As many as 6 different mock tests will be available to the students before they take the final examination.
GUIDELINES FOR COMEDK UGET COMPUTER BASED TEST 2021
- Countdown timer will display the remaining time available to complete the examination.
- Question Palette displayed on the right side of the screen will show the status of each question.
- Candidates can easily navigate to any question by clicking on the question number in the Question Palette.
- Candidates can mark a question for review and then come back to it for saving the correct option.
- The students can view the answering status for a Section by placing the mouse over the name of the Section.
- You can view all the questions by clicking on the Question Paper button.
- You can shuffle between different sections and change the optional Sections any number of times in case of all subjects.
- MOCK TEST: In order to familiarize the students with the computer-based test, an opportunity in the form of MOCK TEST will be made available on the comedk.org website as per the calendar of events.
- Each correct answer will fetch one mark
- There will be no negative marking.
- The preparation of the merit /rank card is on the basis of the candidate’s score in the entrance test only. This rank card is the basis for participation in the seat selection process (counselling) later
COMEDK Test Admission Ticket And Related Information
- Online Test Admission Ticket will be available under applicant login of the COMEDK website from 1st week of May 2021.
- Candidates appearing for the Test should download & obtain a printout of the Online Test Admission Ticket (Online TAT). Candidates will not receive the Test Admission Ticket (TAT) via email or post or courier or in-person to the candidates under any circumstances.
- Students won’t be able to write the COMEDK UGET 2021 without the print out of Online Test Admission Ticket along with other documents. Also, candidates have to retain the TAT for counselling and until the completion of the Admission process.
- Candidates have to ensure that the invigilator of their respective centre signs the test admission ticket.
- Candidates must go through the instructions carefully after printing the Online Test Admission Ticket (TAT).
Details Mentioned on COMEDK Admit Card
- Test Admission Ticket number (TAT number)
- Name of the Candidate (as written in the application form).
- Candidate’s address and contact details (as present in the application form).
- Candidate’s photo (as given in the application form).
- Test center details.
- Test Timings
- ID Proof Details
- Provision for Sticking Passport size photograph (box)
- General Instructions on TAT
COMEDK 2021 Answer Key
The exam conducting body will release the COMEDK answer key 2021 in the online mode. Candidates will be able to check all correct answers to the questions asked in the exam. Those who wish to raise objections against any of the answers can challenge the COMEDK provisional answer key. After evaluating the objections, COMEDK will release the final answer key. Please note that the Answer keys will be available under the applicant login.
Provisional Answer Keys, Final Answer Keys, and Test Scores of the candidates will be available @ www.comedk.org. Clarifications, if any, should be sought within the given dates Subsequently, the final result would be made available which will be binding on all candidates and no further claim would be entertained thereafter.
APPLICANTS SEEKING ANY CLARIFICATIONS WITH REGARD TO PROVISIONAL ANSWER KEYS:
- Applicant to login using his/ her user ID and password and fill the query in the challenge form provided online, clearly indicating the grievance and with all necessary enclosures.
- Clarification regarding provisional answer key should be paid online with a fee of Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only + GST and convenience charges as applicable).
- Only if the clarification sought is upheld, the money would be refunded in full after the COMEDK UGET 2021 process is completed.
- Any request for clarification of provisional answer keys beyond the last date is not acceptable.
NOTE: Seeking clarification as above is only for provisional answer keys. Such clarifications are not acceptable in respect of the Final answer keys/Test Score.
COMEDK 2021 Result
The COMEDK 2021 Result will release in the last week of May 2021. All candidates who have taken COMEDK UGET 2021 can view their results in online mode from the official website. The result of each candidate will be in the form of COMEDK Rank card. Candidates will not receive the result or rank card individually. Students need to download and print the rank card from the COMEDK official website or from the link provided here. Candidates must keep the rank card safe.
Final Merit/Rank Publishing
The publishing of the final merit /rank is on the basis of the performance in the entrance test and the same will available in the last week of May 2021.
Ties in the test scores, if any, will be resolved based on the following order specified:
- The principle of least negative responses (number of wrong answers) in 1) Physics, 2) Mathematics, and 3) Chemistry.
- Aggregate marks in Physics and Mathematics in the Entrance Test.
- Marks in Mathematics in the Entrance Test.
- Age of the Candidate, the elder candidate is ranked higher than the younger candidate.
COMEDK 2021 Rank Card
Online Rank Card will be available under applicant login in the COMEDK website from last week of May 2021 onwards. Candidates appearing for COMEDK UGET 2021 counselling should download & obtain a printout of the Online Rank card. The authorities will not dispatch rank card either by email/post /courier / in person to the candidates under any circumstances.
Candidates will not be allowed to enter the counselling venue without the print out of Online Rank Card which is one of the mandatory documents.
COMEDK 2021 Counselling
The COMEDK Counselling 2021 will start in the 1st week of July 2021. The COMEDK will hold a centralized Counselling for admissions to undergraduate Engineering courses. Candidates have to download and take a print out of their online Rank card and along with other required documents reach the counselling venue. The seat selection process involves two rounds of counselling. The status of the seat selection procedure for each day and session will be notified separately and the candidates must log in to COMEDK official website to check the COMEDK Seat allotment 2021 status. All candidates must show their original documents. If they fail to produce the documents, they won’t be able to participate in the COMEDK 2021 counselling.
COMEDK UGET Exam
COMEDK is the “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka” – an autonomous institution consisting of senior academicians and reputed administrative officers who have been associated with the educational ecosystem. This autonomous COMEDK has entrusted the responsibility to organize testing procedures to determine the merit of aspiring students in an effective, fair, transparent and non-exploitative procedure by KPCF (Karnataka Professional Colleges Foundation – Medical & Dental) and KUPECA (Karnataka Unaided Private Engineering Colleges Association).
By this, COMEDK has been serving 16 Medical, 24 Dental, and around 190 Engineering Colleges. COMEDK since its inception in 2004-05 has been conducting the annual entrance exam for Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in the member institutions and has also been organizing single-window centralized counseling process over the last 15 years.