BVP has declared the result of Entrance exam for admission to MCA (B-CAT) 2018 course. For result link scroll down.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The BVP B-CAT 2018 entrance examination for MCA (Master of Computer Application) will be conducted by the authorized body of Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University. MCA is offered by Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Development (IMED). The interested candidates can apply for the exam by filling up the Application Form available on the official website of the Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University i.e. bvuniversity.edu.in.
The official notification has been released by the University for admission to 3 years full-time MCA course. The candidates are required to apply for the exam before 21st March 2018. The delayed application form will not be accepted by the University in any case scenario.
BVP B-CAT 2018 Important Dates
The official brochure of BVP B-CAT 2018 has been released by the exam conducting body of Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University. The important dates related to Application Form, Result Declaration, written entrance exam etc. Are available in the official brochure. The applicants can go through the important dates related to the entrance exam from the table below:
|Last date for the receipt of the Application Form||22nd March 2018|
|Date and Time of Written Entrance Test||25th March 2018 (2.00 pm to 4.30 pm)|
|Date of Declaration of Result||07th April 2018|
|Counselling and Admission Date||28-29 April 2018|
BVP B-CAT 2018 Results
- The combined merit list of B-CAT MCA entrance exam 2018 will be declared on 7th April 2018 after 5 pm.
- The combined merit list of all the institutes will be declared.
- Separate merit list will be prepared for Regular category and Foreign/ NRI/ PIO/ OCI/ Institutional Quota merit category.
- The merit list will be declared and displayed at all the institutes of Management of Bhartiya Vidyapeeth (deemed to be University) and will also be displayed on the official website of the University.
- Since its not possible to notify every candidate individually, it shall be the responsibility of the candidate to check their own merit list number and appear for the counselling at the center of her/his choice as per schedule.
Steps to Check the BVP B-CAT 2018 Results
- Click on the link for result that will be provided on the official website of the University.
- Select the Course name and Roll Number asked in the link.
- Result will be displayed on the screen after the submission of the details.
- Download the result and take a print out for the future references
BVP B-CAT 2018 Intake
The seats will be filled on the basis of merit, based on the performance of candidates in the MCA entrance exam of BVP B-CAT 2018 conducted by Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University at the designated Centers. The Applicants can take a look at few of the points mentioned below regarding the seat reservation polity of the University:
- One seat over and above the sanctioned intake of the program has been at each center is reserved for sons and daughters of migrants from Jammu and Kashmir Valley. Seats will also be reserved for the offsprings of Defence and Civil Service personnel engaged in fighting against terrorist activities in Jammu and Kashmir Valley.
- Out of the sanctioned intake, 15% seats are reserved for Foreign/ N.R.I./ P.I.O/ OCI/ Management Merit category. Candidates desirous to take admission under this category will have to apply separately on prescribed application form and submit the same to the Registrar of Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University, Pune.
- Seats remaining vacant after allotment to Foreign/NRI/PIO/OCI category will be allotted to Indian Students under management category on the basis of marks obtained by them in BVP B-CAT 2018 entrance exam.
BVP B-CAT 2018 Application Form
The candidates interested for appearing in the entrance exam of MCA must fill the entrance BVP B-CAT 2018 Application Form available on the official website of Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University. The Applicants must make sure that they go through the instructions in detail before going through the form. Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for admission into the entrance exam. The payment and submission of Application Form should be done before the last date.
Steps for applying online
BVP B-CAT 2018 Registration
- Click on the registration link on the official website to apply online for the desired course.
- Register by entering the details such as course name, name of the applicant, Email ID, phone number and password.
- On the submission of the registration details, candidates will receive a username and password on their registered Email ID.
Payment of BVP B-CAT 2018 Application Fee
- Entrance Test fee: Rs. 1700/- (non refundable).
- After Login, candidates will be required to make the necessary payment online.
- Application fee can be submitted through Debit or Credit card or net banking.
- The candidates are advised to keep a record of the transaction.
- The entrance test fee, once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates who remain absent for the entrance test will forfeit their entrance test fee.
Required Details in the BVP B-CAT 2018 Application form
Candidates will be required to fill in the necessary details in the Application form.
- Date of Birth
- Pin Code
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Name of School/College
- Pin Code
- Phone Number
- 10th standard marks
- 12th standard details
- Qualifying examination details
- Year of Passing
- Total Marks obtained
Upload Photograph and Signature-
In the final step, candidates are required to upload their scanned photograph and signature as per the specifications mentioned:
|Documents to be uploaded||Format||File Size||Maximum||Minimum|
|Photo||JPG Format||60 KB||640 x 480||320 x 240|
|Signature||JPG Format||60 KB||800 x 300||400 x 150|
Submission of the BVP B-CAT 2018 Application Form
On the completion of the above-mentioned details, candidates can proceed to submit the Application form. The Applicant will receive the confirmation page. It should be assured that the information mentioned in the Application Form is correct.
Eligibility Criteria of BVP B-CAT 2018
MCA (Three Years Full Time)
- Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration with Mathematics at 10+2 Level or at Graduate Level. Obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belonging to SC/ST category) at the qualifying examination.
- The candidate should be an Indian National.
- Candidates who are presently studying in the final year of bachelor’s degree can also appear for the entrance test and seek admission for MCA program in the year 2018-2019. However, they are eligible only if
- The examination of all semesters/years (regular as well as backlog) will be completed by 30th June 2018.
- The result of all semesters will be completed by 31st July 2018
- The basic qualification mentioned mentioned above are fullfilled.
- The last date to submit all the certificates in original shall be 10th August 2018. if the certificates are not submitted by the said date, eligibility will not be granted and the admission would automatically stand cancelled
MCA Second Year Lateral Entry
- Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration in BCA, B.Sc. (IT/Computer Science) with Mathematics as a course at 10+2 level or ata Graduation Level.
- Obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belonging to SC/ST category) at the qualifying Examination.
- The admission to direct second year MCA is 20% of the intake and availability of vacancies of seats from 1st
BVP B-CAT 2018 Entrance Test Pattern
Candidates are advised to go through the examination pattern of MCA entrance exam conducted by Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University. The pattern of the exam is mentioned below:
- The BVP B-CAT 2018 for admission to MCA program will consist of 200 questions of 200 marks.
- The question paper will be of objective type with four alternatives, candidates have to tick the correct one out of the four options given.
- One mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect or unattempted answer.
The marking scheme of examination is mentioned in the table below:
|Mathematics at 10th level||50||50|
|Mathematics at 12th level||50||50|
|Logical and Abstract Reasoning||40||40|
|Fundamentals of Information Technology||20||20|
|C Language Concepts||40||40|
BVP B-CAT 2018 Basis of Selection for Admission
- The candidate desirous of seeking admission to MCA program (MCA 3 Year and MCA 2 year lateral entry) should fulfill the minimum eligibility condition. The final admission will be offered based solely on the Merit secured in the entrance exam.
- The candidate must have appeared for the entrance exam.
- The candidate shall be offered admission on the basis of their rank in the final merit list and availability of the seats for a particular program at a particular institute of the candidate’s choice at the time of counselling and admission in the concerned institute.
- The selection and admission is subjected to fulfilling the eligibility criteria. The mere presence at the entrance exam doesn’t confer the assurance of admission.
BVP B-CAT 2018 Admit Card
The BVP B-CAT 2018 Entrance Test will be conducted on 25th March 2018 from 2.00 pm to 4.30 pm. The candidates are required to present at the examination center at 1.30 pm positively. The BVP B-CAT 2018 Admit Card will be available on the official website of the University. The candidates who have submitted their Application Form with all the required details will be able to access the Admit card of the entrance exam. The candidates will be required to enter their valid email ID and password for the accessibility of the admit card. The hall ticket for the written exam will be available few days before the exam. The applicants in the absence of Admit Card will not be allowed in the Examination Center. The candidates should make sure that they carry one Photo ID proof (Aadhaar Card, Driving license, Pan Card, Voter Card) with them at the time of the examination.
Steps to download the BVP B-CAT 2018 Admit Card
- The candidates are required to visit the official website of the University i.e. bvuniversity.edu.in
- Click on the available link to access the Admit Card.
- Enter the Course name, Email ID and Password.
- Admit Card will be displayed on the main page.
- Download and save the file.
- Take a printout of the page for future reference.
Particulars mentioned on the BVP B-CAT 2018Admit Card
- Examination Roll number of the candidate.
- Form Number.
- Date and Time of Entrance Test.
- Entrance test center.
- Time Duration of the examination.
- Validity of Admit Card.
BVP B-CAT 2018 Test Centers
The list of cities where the entrance examination centers are located and their center numbers are mentioned below:
BVP B-CAT 2018 Counselling and Spot Admission
The candidate must report for Counselling at 10.00 am only, on the date of counselling at the respective centers. The Counselling and Spot Admission will be held as per the schedule mentioned:
|Counselling location||Admission to Institute at||Date|
|New Delhi||IMED, Pune||28Th, 29th April 2018|
|IMED, Pune||IMED, Pune||28Th, 29th April 2018|
|Kolhapur||IM, Kolhapur||28Th, 29th April 2018|
|Sangli||IM, Sangli||28Th, 29th April 2018|
|Karad||YMIM, Karad||28th , 29th April 2018|
|Solapur||AKIMSS, Solapur||28Th, 29th April 2018|
List of Documents required at the time of BVP B-CAT 2018 Counselling:
The list of documents in original along with self attested two copies each of the same are to be submitted at the time of counselling and on the spot admission:
- Statement of marks (last qualifying examination)
- Passing/degree certificate (last qualifying examination)
- Migration Certificate from the University from which the candidate has passed the last examination other than Bhartiya Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University).
- Transference/Leaving certificate from principal of the college last attended.
- Character certifcate from principal of the college last attended.
- Affidavit regarding Gap in education (if applicable)
- Caste certificate (in case of SC/ST candidates)
- Caste validity Certificate (for SC/ST candidates)
- Change in name certificate
- DD of the requsite fees as per the fee structure.
- 5 passport size recent photograph.