BITSAT Exam Pattern 2022: Candidates who are going to appear for the BITSAT 2022 must be aware of the exam pattern and marking scheme of the BITSAT 2022. Knowing the BITSAT test format helps the candidates to get familiar with the process of examination. Through BITSAT exam pattern 2022 candidates get to know about the mode of the exam, date, exam duration, the total number of questions, marking scheme, etc. The BITSAT exam will take place in an online mode for 3 hrs. The BITSAT exam questions will be asked for sections such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English, and Logical Reasoning. The candidates will have to answer the questions in multiple-choice format. For every correct answer, candidates will get 3 marks and – 1 mark for incorrect answers. Unattempted questions will be marked zero.
Check Eligibility For BITSAT Exam
Thus knowing the BITSAT exam pattern is very important for the preparation of the exam. This helps the students to channelize their preparation in a proper manner. Furthermore, go through the article to get to know about the Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani – BITSAT 2022 paper pattern, marking scheme, syllabus, and preparation tips.
BITSAT 2022 Exam Pattern Details
Candidates must know the full exam pattern of BITSAT 2022. The BITSAT 2022 exam pattern usually includes information about the mode and duration of the exam and the exam pattern details like the number of questions, sections of the examination, the marking scheme, etc. Check the detailed BITSAT 2022 exam pattern listed below:
|Examination Mode||Online i.e Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Exam Duration||3 hrs.|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (Objective). Each question will have four options, one being the correct one.|
|Question Paper Will Be Divided Into 4 Parts|
|Questions As Per The Section|
|Total No. Of Questions||150|
Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani – BITSAT 2022 Exam Marking Scheme
Candidates must know about the marking scheme of the BITSAT 2022 set by the BITS authority (www.bitsadmission.com)
Correct answer: 3 marks
Incorrect answer: 1 mark deduction
Unattempted questions: no marks will be allotted
Check the total no. of BITSAT exam questions and marks as per the subjects:
|Subjects||No. of questions||No. Of Question||Total Marks|
|Part III||English Proficiency||15||45|
|Part IV||Mathematics/Biology (B.Pharma)||45||135|
How To Score Extra Points Through 12 Additional Questions In BITSAT 2022?
If students are able to solve all the 150 questions (without skipping any of them), they may choose to attempt 12 extra questions (4 each from Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics, or Biology) and increase their scores. However, they will not get any extra time to solve these BITSAT exam paper questions. Moreover, once students choose to attempt these 12 questions, they will not be able to go back and change answers to the original 150 questions. These BITSAT 2022 questions have negative marking too so, candidates should not try guesswork or any kind of hit and trial method.
BITSAT 2022 Exam Syllabus
Those who are preparing for the BITSAT 2022, must also know about the BITSAT Syllabus. This is the basis on which the exam takes place. Take a look at the BITSAT 2022 syllabus and prepare accordingly.
BITSAT Physics Syllabus
– Units & Measurement, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Work and Energy, Kinematics, Impulse and Momentum, Rotational Motion, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Gravitation, Waves, Oscillations, Electrostatics, Heat, and Thermodynamics, etc.
BITSAT Chemistry Syllabus
– States of Matter, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, Atomic Structure, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Thermodynamics, Chemical Kinetics, Electrochemistry, Hydrogen and s-block elements, Surface Chemistry, etc.
English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning – Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Composition, Verbal Reasoning, Nonverbal Reasoning, Detecting Missing Links, Following Directions, Classifying Words, etc.
BITSAT Biology Syllabus
– Diversity in Living World, Genetics and Evolution, Cell: The Unit of Life; Structure and Function, Structure and Function –Animals & Plants, Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants, Ecology and Environment, Reproduction and Development in Humans, Biotechnology and its Applications, Biology and Human Welfare.
BITSAT Mathematics Syllabus
– Algebra, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Differential calculus, Trigonometry, Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Integral calculus, Probability, Ordinary Differential Equations, Statistics, Vectors, Mathematical modeling, and Linear Programming.
BITSAT Exam Preparation Tips 2022
- Before starting off with the preparation for the BITSAT Exam 2022, candidates must be clear with the syllabus of the exam.
- Make a good timetable for each day for proper time management.
- Take help from the NCERT books and other BITSAT previous years’ question papers available.
- The exam pattern should be clear in the mind of the candidate.
- Take a BITSAT 2022 Mock Test or other online tests for the purpose of understanding the online exam environment.
- Understand each concept and make notes on each topic.
- Eat healthy food and have a normal sleeping pattern during the BITSAT exam preparation.
BITSAT 2022 Recommended Books Collection
In case you have any queries or doubts related to BISAT Exam Pattern 2022, then comment down below.