BITSAT 2019 Exam Pattern: The BITSAT 2019 exam pattern for engineering examination in BITS has been detailed out in this article. Candidates can check the mode and duration of BITSAT 2019 here. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics BITSAT syllabus 2019 has also been listed for all the candidates here. Get the best BITSAT 2019 preparation tips in this article.
Check Eligibility For BITSAT Exam
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission test is a university level examination conducted for candidates who wish to study B. Tech at the undergraduate level. The exam is also a gateway for admission to various degree programmes offered by the three BITS campuses namely BITS Pilani, KK Birla Goa campus and BITS Hyderabad. BITSAT 2019 Exam Pattern
BITSAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Read about the full BITSAT exam pattern 2019 given below.
Candidates must know the full exam pattern of BITSAT 2019. The BITSAT 2019 exam pattern usually includes the information about the mode and duration of the exam and the exam pattern details like the number of questions, sections of the examination, the marking scheme, etc. Check the detailed BITSAT 2019 exam pattern listed below:
- MODE – BITSAT 2019 will be conducted in fully computer based mode.
- DURATION – The exam will be held for 3 hours.
- TYPE OF QUESTIONS – There will be objective type (multiple choice) questions asked in the examination.
- SECTIONS – Questions will be asked from four sections – physics, chemistry, English proficiency & logical reasoning and Mathematics or Biology.
- NUMBER OF QUESTIONS -BITSAT 2019 question paper will carry 150 questions in total.
- MARKING SCHEME – 3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for incorrect answers.
BITSAT 2019 Marking Scheme
The marking scheme of BITSAT 2019 has been tabulated below:
|Sections||Subject||No of Questions|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency||15|
|(b) Logical Reasoning||10|
|Part IV||Mathematics/Biology (For B. Pharm)||45|
BITSAT 2019 Syllabus
The BITSAT 2019 Syllabus will comprise of various topics from Physics, Chemistry, English proficiency & logical reasoning and Mathematics or Biology. All the appearing candidates must make sure that they go through the BITSAT syllabus of the exam thoroughly before starting off with the preparation for the examination. BITSAT 2019 Syllabus is given below:
Physics – Units & Measurement, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Work and Energy, Kinematics, Impulse and Momentum, Rotational Motion, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Gravitation, Waves, Oscillations, Electrostatics, Heat and Thermodynamics, etc.
Chemistry – States of Matter, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, Atomic Structure, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Thermodynamics, Chemical Kinetics, Electrochemistry, Hydrogen and s-block elements, Surface Chemistry, etc.
English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning – Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Composition, Verbal Reasoning, Nonverbal Reasoning, Detecting Missing Links, Following Directions, Classifying Words, etc.
Biology– Diversity in Living World, Genetics and Evolution, Cell: The Unit of Life; Structure and Function, Structure and Function –Animals & Plants, Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants, Ecology and Environment, Reproduction and Development in Humans, Biotechnology and its Applications, Biology and Human Welfare.
Mathematics – Algebra, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Differential calculus, Trigonometry, Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Integral calculus, Probability, Ordinary Differential Equations, Statistics, Vectors, Mathematical modeling and Linear Programming.
BITSAT 2019 Preparation Tips
Follow these 5 easy BITSAT preparation tips 2019 mentioned below to know how to efficiently prepare for the examination.
- Before starting off with the preparation of BITSAT 2019, candidates must be clear with the syllabus of the exam.
- Make a good timetable for each day for proper time management.
- Take help from the NCERT books and other previous years question papers available.
- The exam pattern should be clear in the mind of the candidate.
- Take a Mock test or other online tests for the purpose of understanding the online exam environment.
- Understand each concept and make notes of each topic.
- Eat healthy food and have a normal sleeping pattern during the exam preparation.
A chance to Score Extra Points!
If students are able to solve all the 150 questions (without skipping any of them), they may choose to attempt 12 extra questions (4 each from Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology) and increase their scores. However, they will not get any extra time to solve these questions. Moreover, once students choose to attempt these 12 questions, they will not be able to go back and change answers to the original 150 questions. These questions have negative marking too so, candidates should not try guesswork or any kind of hit and trial method.
If you have any query, do ask us in the comments section below!